Thread: Colt Cabana Explains Why CM Punk is Leaving WWE

dishdude714 Guest

Default Colt Cabana Explains Why CM Punk is Leaving WWE

Posted by Steve Carrier on 06/30/2011 at 01:13 PM

Former WWE star Colt Cabana was interviewed this week by the Miami Herald and had a lot to say about CM Punk's shoot promo from RAW. Colt says that Punk's rant was almost entirely reality-based and reflected the frustrations Punk has felt in WWE since his first days with the company.

“That whole thing has been building up forever,” Cabana said. “Personally, for almost forever, his whole time there, he is able to say this to me in the comfort of my house or his house.

“From being laughed at by the trainers in Ohio Valley Wrestling to Paul [Heyman] finally bringing him up and everybody treating him like dirt, telling him he has an attitude problem and calling him the ‘King of the Indies.’ Just looking down on him, he just felt shunned his whole time there. It was a complete struggle.”

Many are still under the impression that this angle is a storyline and that Punk will remain with WWE following his contract expiring the day after his title shot at Money In The Bank on 7/17, but Punk has been burnt out for a long time and is at the point where he just wants out.

“The power of him not really caring because he was ready to leave — I always said the power of not giving a s--- is so important,” Cabana said. “He is really at the point where he just wants to get out of there. It’s too frustrating for him. If he said anything that made anybody mad, what are they going to do to him? Not re-sign him? He doesn’t want to be there."

“So I think that idea is so powerful. He is so strong in his beliefs with the straight edge lifestyle. By being how strong headed that he is, he was able to have the power to go out on television and say what probably every other wrestler has wanted to say. He made unbelievable television. He made unbelievable history in wrestling."

Punk may be on his way out of WWE, but Colt thinks his promo from RAW has the potential to change entire industry:

“He almost has the ability to change professional wrestling as we know it. It has been so stagnant and vanilla. It kind of shook up the wrestling world because of his real life frustrations.”

ironworks is offline Moderator/Satfix 2014 NFL Pool week #2 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,395x in 3,027 Posts

We will see if Punk leaves...................big cash talks........ask Hogan.............opppppppppps.

timster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
    We will see if Punk leaves...................big cash talks........ask Hogan.............opppppppppps.
    there's a slight difference there. Hogan is a whore. CM Punk is not

but i agree that money talks, but if the performer isn't happy with the company he works for, it's not worth destroying their body for a pay cheque.

I like CM Punk, he's got talent and WWE has really dropped the ball with him

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944x in 802 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 01-01-2014, 09:55 PM from swanner
Message: Great Service and A Good Man...A Gift From Canada...

punk is the future of wwe. dont let his little hiatus fool ya. punk will return and be one of the greatest super stars in wwe history

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

For me his ego is a little to big.............he is a good wrestler and mic guy so lets keep it that way and not leave cause the boss likes someone else better...............jmo

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timster View Post
    there's a slight difference there. Hogan is a whore. CM Punk is not

but i agree that money talks, but if the performer isn't happy with the company he works for, it's not worth destroying their body for a pay cheque.

I like CM Punk, he's got talent and WWE has really dropped the ball with him
    Love the whore comment.................

dishdude714 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zoogor View Post
    punk is the future of wwe. dont let his little hiatus fool ya. punk will return and be one of the greatest super stars in wwe history
    I agree with you there Zoogor