Thread: Galaxy 17 at 91W

minonano Guest

Default Galaxy 17 at 91W

Is anyone getting this Sat? If so what size dish and what type LNB is required?
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 82x in 30 Posts

I believe the only thing you might get from the Ku band, using a linear lnb and 36" dish, would be occasional network feeds. There are no regular FTA channels there. There are quite a few channels on c-band. For that you would need a BUD, probably 8 foot. JMO

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,256x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

As stman stated there are no permanent channels on the ku side but one of the best sat for feeds, especially sports. Lots of premium channels on the c band side wjich I have pulled in with a 6' dish in the past.

oamm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by minonano View Post
    Is anyone getting this Sat? If so what size dish and what type LNB is required?
    Thanks
    Yes i'm getting the 97 with a SG2100 Satellite Dish Motor & Invacom QPH-031 Quad LNB, i have this setup on a one meter dish, (an old primestar dish) to be honest there are a lot of channels there, lots of international, quite a few english channels, mostly religous networks, theres a couple or three channels that do a varity of different movies, is a vrey good sat in my opinion, check the fta channel list for a complete listing.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 82x in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oamm View Post
    Yes i'm getting the 97 with a SG2100 Satellite Dish Motor & Invacom QPH-031 Quad LNB, i have this setup on a one meter dish, (an old primestar dish) to be honest there are a lot of channels there, lots of international, quite a few english channels, mostly religous networks, theres a couple or three channels that do a varity of different movies, is a vrey good sat in my opinion, check the fta channel list for a complete listing.
    He was asking about 91W.

oamm Guest

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stman View Post
    He was asking about 91W.
    stman;376335, you are so right, after i throught about it and went back i saw my mistake, i dont want t o give false or wrong info, do i need to delete my post? thank you again ...

oamm Guest

Lightbulb

He was asking about 91W.
    stman; you are so right, after i throught about it and went back i saw my mistake, i dont want t o give false or wrong info, do i need to delete my post? thank you again ...

minonano Guest

I believe the only thing you might get from the Ku band, using a linear lnb and 36" dish, would be occasional network feeds. There are no regular FTA channels there. There are quite a few channels on c-band. For that you would need a BUD, probably 8 foot. JMO
    Thanks Stman, but I am mainly after the Classic Arts Showcase, which apparently is free on this Sat. Do you think I can get it with the linear 36" dish?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

No you will need at least a 6 foot dish with a "C" band LNB for reception of 91W "C" band channels as the one channel your looking for is on the "C" band side of 91W.

"Ku" band is 11.5 to 12.6 GHz, "C" band is 3.4 to 5 GHz, big difference.
    Last edited by Terryl; 03-21-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?