Costume SuperCentre Canada

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to use bell dish to FTA receiver?

  1. #1
    kingdom Guest

    Default How to use bell dish to FTA receiver?

    I have a bell technician installed, bell dish at home. This dish installed for 9241 dual tuner receiver. In this installation only a single cable runs from roof.(Back in the days there were 2 cables running from the dish for dual tuner receiver). The cable connected to a dp plus spliter & from the spliter 2 wires connected to receiver. How do I convert this setup to view FTA receivers?

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,051
    Satfix Buxs
    17,303
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 78 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    If you still want to use your sub receiver, there is another output on the lnb. You will need to run another cable from that output to the FTA receiver. The DP separator used for dual tuners is useless for the majority of FTA receivers..
    Last edited by stman; 02-26-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Please post support questions in the forum, not by PM. Thanks...

  3. #3
    kingdom Guest

    Default

    I am planing to get rid of bell sub & just use it for FTA. The dish installed on the roof. I don't want to climb on the roof & kill myself. Too young to die.

    If I run another cable from another output, would it work on a fta or its another dual tuner input??

    Or in the same existing system can I use any switch to make it work on fta?
    Last edited by kingdom; 02-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.

  4. #4
    WillDekkard Guest

    Default

    If you remove the Bell dual tuner from your setup? Remove the DPP seperater also and connect your FTA receiver to that one cable. If you have a SV360elite then do not remove the DPP seperater as the SV360elite is a dual tuner.

  5. #5
    kingdom Guest

    Default

    Willdekkard, I have tried many ways as you said. I have kbox & nfusion hd. Just the cable from dish without separator, with separotor. Nothing work properly. With separator both receivers at same time...... still nothing.

    I am waiting for snow melting on sloped roof in my new place. Hopefully I would install this setup again here http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...-118.7-amp-119

  6. #6
    WillDekkard Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Willdekkard, I have tried many ways as you said. I have kbox & nfusion hd. Just the cable from dish without separator, with separotor. Nothing work properly. With separator both receivers at same time...... still nothing.

    I am waiting for snow melting on sloped roof in my new place. Hopefully I would install this setup again here http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...-118.7-amp-119
    The DPP separater can only be used with dual tuner receivers. You can NOT feed 2 separate receivers from a DPP separater. You need to run 2 separate cable feeds from the LNB, 1 to your nFusionHD and the other to the KBox.

    Perhaps the problem lies with your receiver settings? Post your antenna settings so others can take a look, you may have a setting wrong that you may have overlooked?

  7. #7
    kingdom Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillDekkard View Post

    Perhaps the problem lies with your receiver settings? Post your antenna settings so others can take a look, you may have a setting wrong that you may have overlooked?
    I have tried all possible settings on antena setup menu. On fewer settings I saw just signal from 91. I saved the settings turned off the receiver & turned on back signal has gone.

    I have opened one bell dp plus dish antena(same as mine) in another location. It runs one cable. The both lnb 91 & 82 is a one hardware. It has 3 output. 2 output from 91 lnb side, 1 output from 82 lnb side.

  8. #8
    dishuser Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    I have tried all possible settings on antena setup menu. On fewer settings I saw just signal from 91. I saved the settings turned off the receiver & turned on back signal has gone.

    I have opened one bell dp plus dish antena(same as mine) in another location. It runs one cable. The both lnb 91 & 82 is a one hardware. It has 3 output. 2 output from 91 lnb side, 1 output from 82 lnb side.
    it isn't 3 outputs
    it's 2 outputs and 1 input

  9. #9
    kingdom Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stman View Post
    If you still want to use your sub receiver, there is another output on the lnb. You will need to run another cable from that output to the FTA receiver. The DP separator used for dual tuners is useless for the majority of FTA receivers..
    If I connect a power inserter, would it work?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •