Thread: Pacquiao/Mayweather still alive?

aquariusone Guest

Default Pacquiao/Mayweather still alive?

Here is the latest this Monday morning from Manila Bulletin:

MANILA, Philippines — As a rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto began taking shape, Pacquiao’s Canadian adviser Mike Koncz frantically took a Saturday night flight to the United States in an effort to revive flickering hopes of staging a megabuck match with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Koncz said he will meet up with Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum to determine whether or not there is still a chance of salvaging the highly anticipated Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown.

Aqua's take:

Like Rudee, Cobra, and others, I am not holding my breath on this one. Floyd JOY's mental condition lately has deteriorated to such an extent that we no longer have any idea what the truth or his intentions are - with the exception that many of his demands- which Pacquiao has agreed upon - continue to change:
    .........no 50/50 split
    .........saying he is "legally obligated" to fight May 5 (oh really?) [No, he is legally obligated to go to jail June 1]
    .........at MGM Grand.....

The Cobra Guest

It`ll always be alive as long as someone is willing to pay for it.

aquariusone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
    It`ll always be alive as long as someone is willing to pay for it.
    You know the latest buzz is that UAE (United Arab Emirate) has been sending feelers to have this fight held in Dubai. Some writers are even saying that this could have the flavor of "The Rumble in the Jungle" or "The Thrilla in Manila".

Now if we could only get out "The F**g Fickle in Floyd" we could still end up with the "Duc'em in Dubai".

Right now all we have are "Ducking Dicks"!

The Cobra Guest

In Dubai eh???? Wanna go???...I`ve got a legit shot at it, I think.

aquariusone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
    In Dubai eh???? Wanna go???...I`ve got a legit shot at it, I think.
    Let's Go! We could go there and watch Tiger play this week!