Thread: Amir Khan vs. Shane Mosley a possibility if Peterson rematch doesn’t get made for Ami

108mob Guest

Default Amir Khan vs. Shane Mosley a possibility if Peterson rematch doesn’t get made for Ami

By William Mackay: According to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated, former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (26-2, 18 KO’s) could wind up fighting 40-year-old former three division world champion Shane Mosley (46-7-1, 39 KO’s) in what would be Khan’s first fight at welterweight.

Golden Boy Promotions, the promoters for Khan, are reportedly considering Mosley as a potential opponent among others. This would only happen if Golden Boy isn’t able to get a rematch against IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson (30-1-1, 15 KO’s) next. Khan and Golden Boy haven’t been doing a good job of getting Peterson interested in the rematch, even with their expensive appears to the IBF and WBA to try and force him to give a rematch and/or to have the loss overturned.

The WBA has already ordered a rematch but Khan and Golden Boy dropped their appeal to the International Boxing Federation recently a day before there was supposed to have been a hearing on January 18th.
    I can’t say I’m surprised that the 40-year-old Mosley is being considered for Khan’s first fight at welterweight, as I always figured Khan would be put in with an old toothless lion that could no longer pull the trigger or throw a lot of dangerous punches.

I don’t think for a second that Khan will be put in with anyone with any real ability in his next fight, his fight after that unless it’s Floyd Mayweather Jr. Believe me, Khan is going to be matched like he was after he got knocked out by Breidis Prescott with him getting matched softly against old guys or guys that don’t have enough power to hurt him until Khan gets his money fight against Mayweather Jr.

If Golden Boy were smart, they’d forget all about Peterson and just go with the soft matchmaking and then look to cash out with Khan in the Mayweather fight. Peterson exposed Khan’s lack of an inside game and showed what Khan was forced to do to try and cover up the lack of skills by fouling and running.

A rematch will only show the same flaws in Khan’s game and I can see him losing unless they bring in a referee that let’s Khan foul by shoving Peterson as much as he wants and grabbing him around the head in that weird way Khan has when trying to escape pressure. The right referee will allow Khan to shove, hold & hit, pull down Peterson’s head and put him headlocks all night long. The wrong referee will warn Khan for his fouling and take points off when he refuses to listen and stop fouling.

I think it’s a big joke to match Khan with Mosley. It’s actually kind of sad to see Mosley being used as a trial horse for a heavily hyped younger fighter like Khan to use to add a name to his resume and get a sure thing win. It’s bad to go from a fight where Khan was exposed and then put him in with an old name like Mosley to make him look better than he is. Mosley has looked horrible in his last few fights against Floyd Mayweather Jr., Sergio Mora and Manny Pacquiao. He just looks shot to me and it’ll be so wrong if he gets picked by Golden Boy to fight Khan.

aquariusone Guest

William Mackay should keep his distorted opinion to himself. I would however, agree boxing gets sillier with Golden Boy's plan to get Amir Khan in the ring with ....(yawn....) Shane Mosley. Watching reruns of Archie Bunker would be more exciting.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

Quote Originally Posted by aquariusone View Post
    William Mackay should keep his distorted opinion to himself. I would however, agree boxing gets sillier with Golden Boy's plan to get Amir Khan in the ring with ....(yawn....) Shane Mosley. Watching reruns of Archie Bunker would be more exciting.
    I deeply feel that he should start from there, fighting the old man at 147 will be good for him. Maybe Mosley can repeat his performance with Margarito and knock him out. After the Peterson saga, anything can happen.

rudee Guest

You couldn't pay me enough money to watch Mosley fight again.. would rather watch paint dry.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

Quote Originally Posted by rudee View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough money to watch Mosley fight again.. would rather watch paint dry.
    That happens when you get old, mean Mosley not you............jejeje