Thread: Where can I find a list of all the channel names/programming for each TRUE FTA sat?

JohnnyC Guest

Default Where can I find a list of all the channel names/programming for each TRUE FTA sat?

Hey guys,
    I got two DISH 500+ dishes with dual LNB's on them, I'm picking up charlie on one dish, but the other one bev seems to be a constant NO-GO, so I was thinking to aim it and pick up something else.

I like persian/arabic programming (MUSIC videos mainly), but open to everything, sports, TRAVEL, Nature, Learning, History, English speaking channels, MUSIC VIDEO channels, SPORTS ESPECIALLY, etc.

Anywhere I can find a list of channels/programming on each TRUE FTA bird?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

Lyngsat dot com is a good place to start lookin but you'll need a bigger dish and a linear lnb for the true free to air sats.
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 82x in 30 Posts

You'll find a good bit of Arabic FTA channels, but as said you'll need a larger dish (36"-39") and a linear lnb. You can only get pay providers with those smaller dishes. Look here for more sites showing FTA channels.
    http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...annel-Listings

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 585x in 169 Posts
    Items Monitor
Gift received at 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM from ICEMAN

Most everything you are looking for is available, but True FTA is not like paid for service...There are no free premium channels like MTV. If you're interested in all of the above in one package a subscription is the way to go. If you are interested in saving money then FTA is the way to go, but I would probably recommend starting with a 10' dish. This will open up C band. There is much much more available on C band then Ku.
    Toys include:
    1. 36” Motorized GeoSat w/DMX522
    1. 48” Motorized ASC Signal DMX522
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741U
    1. 10' (no name solid) used as a solar collector

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,260x in 7,930 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Galaxy 19 at 97w is probably your best bet if your dish will be stationary. There a slew of Persian and Arabic channels on this sat. However, as stated in a previous post, you'll need a dish of at least 33" and a linear lnb.

Bowhunters Guest

Pretty good listing here on Skyvision on this page, over on the right it has several True FTA Channel lists. - .skyvision.com/store/mpeg_store.html

JohnnyC Guest

thanks for all the replies.

with a 10' C band satellite, how many birds can I pickup at a time (will it be dependent on how many LNBS (or does C band only have one LNB), or do I have to get a motor so it repositions each satellite change?

Im looking into 97 galaxy 19, that one looks good to me.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 585x in 169 Posts
    Items Monitor
Gift received at 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    thanks for all the replies.

with a 10' C band satellite, how many birds can I pickup at a time (will it be dependent on how many LNBS (or does C band only have one LNB), or do I have to get a motor so it repositions each satellite change?

Im looking into 97 galaxy 19, that one looks good to me.

C Band dishes where originally designed to pick up one sat at a time, with a actuator & positioner, which can literally pick up 1000+ all free 100% legal channels. There are experimental dishes, with multiple LNBF's on them. If you plan on that remember it's just a toy. Personally I think you would be happier using a 10' dish for its full potential.

If you still plan on using a multiple LNBF dish for FTA I would seriously look into a 6' or 8' offset dish. The 6' offset's are really not that expensive, & will work terrific! But, you will need a way to unload it off a semi.

hxxp://www.satcomresources.com
    Toys include:
    1. 36” Motorized GeoSat w/DMX522
    1. 48” Motorized ASC Signal DMX522
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741U
    1. 10' (no name solid) used as a solar collector

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 69x in 43 Posts
    Items Rose
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM from ICEMAN

Multiple LNBF setups have been done before, the setup I remember reading about used a surplus 6-foot offset dish. That type of a setup is just a toy, and does take quite a bit of messing around to get it working correctly.

I would recommend a single LNB dish with a motor, they're much easier to set up for a first timer. Big dishes can be found for free, just drive around a country neighborhood and look for one that appears unused, and just ask for it. People will usually just give them away, since companies actually charge for removal...
    Satellite Equipment:
    10' Orbitron, Openbox S9, General Instrument 920
    Shaw subscription, HDPVR630, 2x HDDSR600,
    1m Channel Master (125w), Coolsat 8000

OTA Equipment:
    Unknown model VHF/UHF combo antenna, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Channel Master rotator, 35' Rohn 20G tower

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,260x in 7,930 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Combining my 2 big dish setups, I'm scanning 38 sats from 11w-123w with about 1,200 true fta channels scanning in. There are many satswith Arabic channels and at least 3 that have Persian channels as well. You could use a c/ku lnbf for the best of both worlds on one dish.