Thread: motor not moving

mountaindew Guest

Default motor not moving

I had to replace my SG2100 motor after 5 years.I replaced the motor and nothing else,everything is the same.My problem is I can get it to go to the west but it struggles to go back to the east.I didnt have this problem with the other.What would cause this problem

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

What do you mean by struggles ? Have you tried resetting the motor ? Which receiver are you using ?

mountaindew Guest

I have a sv 8000 HD.If I do it manually I have to pull the dish to the east to keep it moving.To go to the west is no problem

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I have a sv 8000 HD.If I do it manually I have to pull the dish to the east to keep it moving.To go to the west is no problem
    Have you verified that either the hardware or software east limit hasn't been set on the motor?

mountaindew Guest

Im not sure what you mean.I can use the remote in settings and move the motor to the west but no power to the east

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Im not sure what you mean.I can use the remote in settings and move the motor to the west but no power to the east
    Your motor has physical sliders on the bottom - these limit travel in both directions . Make sure that both , or in your case slider 2 one is set to 80. While you're at it reset the motor ( a paper clip is all you need).

mountaindew Guest

I will try that with the reset.Not sure what you mean by sliders.I never had to do anything with the other motor when I got it

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Look at your instruction manual - usually they are preset to no limit but you never know.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 20 Posts

I have had this problem with my SV also and end the end trashed it. I think the power supply converting the power to +18 for the motor was the problem but I do not have the schematic to determine that for sure. Some times the motor moved other times it did not and in cooler weather or in really hot weather it would not move. Replacing the caps did not help.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

?? This thread is 4 years old, but the motor takes from 12 volts to 20 volts, and there is no power supply converting any voltage to the motor, it what ever voltage that the reciver is sending up to the LNB to switch between transponders.

The motor will turn slower at 13 volts (+13 volts will switch to the "R" or "V" transponders) then at 18 volts (+18 volts switch to the "L" or "H" transponders), but it will take the same amount of DC current to do so.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?