Thread: Question about multiple servers

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Default Question about multiple servers

Here's a question. I have a Jynxbox at home with a north and south server. I leave the receiver on all the time and on channel 101. Question if I go to my cabin and enter in my info into my receiver there will it see that I'm trying to log in twice? (Just in case I forget to flip the main power switch at home)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 173x in 95 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 08-12-2015, 12:50 AM from c8rbk1ng
Message: You need something stronger that wine to deal with some of the members here!Devil
Gift received at 08-09-2015, 04:37 AM from c8rbk1ng

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    Here's a question. I have a Jynxbox at home with a north and south server. I leave the receiver on all the time and on channel 101. Question if I go to my cabin and enter in my info into my receiver there will it see that I'm trying to log in twice? (Just in case I forget to flip the main power switch at home)
    I have multiple servers and from what I know there are 2 factors here.. first is number of connections, most providers allow for 2 connections to compensate for people whom have dynamic ip addresses and get disconnected which allows the second address to connect while the first is connected will time out.

The second is the number of query's. To get picture you require code words which is essentially the password to decrypt channel which changes every 5 - 30 seconds. Most providers only allow for one query per ip per subscription. So in theory if you have channel 101 on then it should not be sending a query to the server for a code word and you should be good to go with no issues. BUT if the service you are with only allows for one ip connection at a time then your STB at home will be connected to the server regardless of the channel you have currently selected.

I would double check with you're reseller to confirm what they enforce for connections to be sure.

Hope this info helps.. Good Luck!
    ALL information contained herein is for educational and informational purposes only.
    Any information contained herein is public knowledge and reposted as such. I take no responsibility for any misuse of any information contained.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gAsH For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by gAsH View Post
    I have multiple servers and from what I know there are 2 factors here.. first is number of connections, most providers allow for 2 connections to compensate for people whom have dynamic ip addresses and get disconnected which allows the second address to connect while the first is connected will time out.

The second is the number of query's. To get picture you require code words which is essentially the password to decrypt channel which changes every 5 - 30 seconds. Most providers only allow for one query per ip per subscription. So in theory if you have channel 101 on then it should not be sending a query to the server for a code word and you should be good to go with no issues. BUT if the service you are with only allows for one ip connection at a time then your STB at home will be connected to the server regardless of the channel you have currently selected.

I would double check with you're reseller to confirm what they enforce for connections to be sure.

Hope this info helps.. Good Luck!
    Great reply!

Thanks