Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't this FTA D-Day?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 46x in 20 Posts
    Items CashMartini

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
    100% right M man we have all been around the game a few years and watched a lot of peoples Crystal Balls fail and the last time I looked the Sky was still up there lol
    I have been around since the N1 days..

well actually since the DTV days....

However i rememeber when n2 hit and it came back..

then I remember when what I call N2 2.0 hit .. thats when your fta box needed a new bin..

you could no longer just update the keys and get TV back.

Then N3 hit and it was no big deal at first... Nfusion was great...

then there was some nice private IKS out there..

I remember when VOD movies worked perfect..

Im sure there will be somthing new soon

I think when it all goes MPEG4 it will be a big problem for the Cache suppliers

b/c they cant get the Genpix 1s anymore to get the HD control words

we will see.

its going to be FUN

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dslchome For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 135x in 70 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassPinkfloyd
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassGuitar2
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from Bluegrass

This was just posted by Scott Greczkowski at satelliteguys site.. which is the legal chat place..

There has been a schedule change for the full conversion of the 110 and 119 transponders.

On August 6 all 110 Transponders will convert to 8PSK.
    On August 20 all 119 Transponder will convert to 8PSK.

Also, Transponder 16 on 110 and Transponder 14 on 110 will remain QPSK temporarily to support the Welcome Pack for Seasonal properties.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mechanicman For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Real info in the rumor section? What has the world come to?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 46x in 20 Posts
    Items CashMartini

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicman View Post
    This was just posted by Scott Greczkowski at satelliteguys site.. which is the legal chat place..

There has been a schedule change for the full conversion of the 110 and 119 transponders.

On August 6 all 110 Transponders will convert to 8PSK.
    On August 20 all 119 Transponder will convert to 8PSK.

Also, Transponder 16 on 110 and Transponder 14 on 110 will remain QPSK temporarily to support the Welcome Pack for Seasonal properties.
    So that means SD FTA units will not work...

also even if you have a HD fta unit its going to be much harder for the IKS providers to provide 8PSK for SD channels.

I know this b/c of the Genpix / Skywalker 1 thing that was posted on the genpix site months ago.

and read some things about it on a few forums.

so when 110 119 go all 8PSK things are going to get interesting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dslchome For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dslchome View Post
    So that means SD FTA units will not work...

also even if you have a HD fta unit its going to be much harder for the IKS providers to provide 8PSK for SD channels.

I know this b/c of the Genpix / Skywalker 1 thing that was posted on the genpix site months ago.

and read some things about it on a few forums.

so when 110 119 go all 8PSK things are going to get interesting.
    What did it say on the Genpix site? i can't find anything....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 25x in 14 Posts

Perhaps He meant this: (but I would have thought it was posted years ago)
    It has recently come to my attention that numerous individuals who acquired Genpix Electronics tuners (purchased either directly from my site, or from a third party on eBay) are using these devices in conjunction with illegal hardware/software intended for unauthorized satellite signal decryption (viewing of programs intended for subscribed users only). Most disturbing: they offer the payed illegal service for others.

The actions of these individuals are significantly damaging the Genpix Electronics reputation and now even driving the company out of business. From now on:
    1) I reserve the right to refuse the sale of any Genpix Electronics devices to individuals who express – or have ever expressed in the past – intentions for an illegal use of DVB-s tuners.
    2) I will accept bulk orders only from legally registered companies/entities. I will no longer accept bulk orders from individuals.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Dog For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 23 Posts

I don't know what you guys are talking about because north has been this way for over 2 years now with no troble they have switch to all mpeg4 recevers and iks is working and south have already done one tp and that's working also so I think the guys that run the servers have it all planed out and it just a lot of bs going around because of iptv that's my 2 cents on it any way

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 25x in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunfire19 View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about because north has been this way for over 2 years now with no troble they have switch to all mpeg4 recevers and iks is working and south have already done one tp and that's working also so I think the guys that run the servers have it all planed out and it just a lot of bs going around because of iptv that's my 2 cents on it any way
    91 west still mpeg 2 qpsk. I don't see the problem though as long as you have a hd receiver turbo 8psk mpeg 4. Kills SD boxes though. Don't think I will invest in a new receiver with the quality of Kodi

Screenshot (11).jpg

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 186x in 149 Posts

what i find truly hard to believe is that providers invested all this $$$ on a new system upgrade and allow piracy to continue on their service it just dont make any sense....they have to be up to something.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 17 Posts

Is this, not, the old , SKY IS FALLING, THING, I listen, oh yes, I do, to , Nostrodamus, and HONEST, this person has been there a lot of years, he says, it is going down, I believe him, only thing is, not right sure of time, neither is he, but as Nostrodamus, SAID, look to the future. NOW not ADVERTISING, OK, I do NOT get a discount, ok, I have been in this for a LONG time, so, has Nostradamus, we don't REALLY KNOW, EXACTLY, when the ring, will get pulled, but , it will, so, my thoughts, get with the android stuff, the IPTV, thing, BUT DO NOT PAY FOR IT//// buy a good box, kodi, etc., YOU DO NOT PAY A PENNY, OK, BUT as Nostradamus, WILL, tell you, you wont pay a penny, AT THE MOMENT/// BUT/// YOU WILL, as time shall tell, NOTHING IS FREE//
    Last edited by burnsy; 08-06-2015 at 01:58 AM. Reason: please report PM's do not post in open

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haggis For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 364x in 129 Posts

Perhaps they are doing this to simplify and or cut costs by compressing signals and etc.The main goal of all Companies is to lower costs by putting less chips,cereals,juice in containers,slim down diameters or replace an ingreadiant with a cheaper one.
    They might want to make Piracy harder, but eliminating it completely might have some customers that also do testing drop Dish altogether if the testing part is dead.Also lots of the Dish testing is done North and South of the Border where it has no effect on their revenue.
    I just think they have done this for their own interests.Maybe on the same token it will give them more flexibility for ECM'S and Etc but I don't believe they invested for Anti-Piracy as their main goal.
    Last edited by Blazerbong; 08-06-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494x in 807 Posts
    Items Vintage carCheckered FlagCanadaElephant 2RepMedalMartiniDish

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Is this, not, the old , SKY IS FALLING, THING, I listen, oh yes, I do, to , Nostrodamus, and HONEST, this person has been there a lot of years, he says, it is going down, I believe him, only thing is, not right sure of time, neither is he, but as Nostrodamus, SAID, look to the future. NOW not ADVERTISING, OK, I do NOT get a discount, ok, I have been in this for a LONG time, so, has Nostradamus, we don't REALLY KNOW, EXACTLY, when the ring, will get pulled, but , it will, so, my thoughts, get with the android stuff, the IPTV, thing, BUT DO NOT PAY FOR IT//// buy a good box, kodi, etc., YOU DO NOT PAY A PENNY, OK, BUT as Nostradamus, WILL, tell you, you wont pay a penny, AT THE MOMENT/// BUT/// YOU WILL, as time shall tell, NOTHING IS FREE//
    I think you missed a comma or some sort of punctuation mark in there somewhere - but I'm not sure where :-) LOL......... that is one massive run on sentence without any periods......

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 17 Posts

I know, I am not too great on the English grammar. Just being Scottish. thanks , jedi.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haggis For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

wanker lmao

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 135x in 70 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-14-2020, 02:46 AM from BluegrassCamaro