Thread: Laptop no longer Sees 2nd Sata Drive!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 33 Posts

Default Laptop no longer Sees 2nd Sata Drive!

My primary internal Sata HD (C:/ 500gb) was almost full and I wanted to backup Movies/TV/Music/Videos and Data to another supplemental drive.

I purchased a Sata HD caddy and a second Sata HD drive (E:/ 750gb) SEE PICS 1, 2, 3, that fits my DVD/CD slot on my IBM/Lenovo optical drive slot and xferred everything listed above over.

I then deleted the stored Movies/TV/Music and Videos from my primary drive (C:/ 500gb). I had been accessing this second sata drive(E:/ 750gb) in the optical drive caddy with no problems up until yesterday. Now the second drive in the DVD/CD caddy no longer appears under windows explorer (E:/)! It is as if there is nothing in the caddy. If I replace the caddy with the CD/DVD optical drive SEE PIC 4, it appears in the Device Manager ok, SEE PIC 7, but no longer appears in windows explorer as a device with a drive letter i.e. ECD/DVD Ram. SEE PIC 6

How is it that whatever device is in the optical slot (CD/DVD or the 2nd Sata HD) is no longer recognized by Windows 7 Ultimate?

If I start Paragon Partition Manager, under "Volume Explorer" it SEE'S the 750gb (698.6gb actual) and all of the sub-folders as well! SEE PIC 5

Why/How is it that Windows7/LenovoR500 stopped seeing/recognizing/displaying ANY device in the optical slot?

Thanks in advance for any input, advice or suggestions!

chris

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 33 Posts

Default Laptop no longer Sees 2nd Sata Drive!

the last two pics 6 and 7

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,831x in 6,153 Posts
    Items HookahA BeerFootballGolfACDCGuitar2street BikeCheckered Flag

Might try reinstalling the driver for your optical drive. Might check things in the boot sequence in Bios setup.............
    Last edited by steveOtoo; 05-14-2015 at 02:22 AM.