Thread: Can and will any of the mods/gurus/sat digi-beasts help me out on this set up?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 8 Posts

Wink Can and will any of the mods/gurus/sat digi-beasts help me out on this set up?

it has been a while since i posted here but i continue to read and enjoy this forum very much. so thanks to all in advance first and foremost.

now to the gritty:

my linkbox local 8000 HD went down a few months back with the LED readout going blank.(maybe this is "ash" error but not sure) i was pretty fed up with it at the time and left it alone and did not watch my favorite programming for a while. i circled back to the frustration this week.
    i contacted my installer. he wanted money to repair the box and i do not blame him, that is his livelihood, but i like to do things for free, and by myself and sometimes with some help .. as this has become more of a hobby now that i have a very basic understanding of how it works..
    i contacted linkbox and they told me that i need to do the erom upgrade method..after some research, i ordered myself a trusty null modem cable and a paperweight box with nothing working.. went from nothing back to something.. just like POOF! ok that was really cool, so whats next you may ask? i have my FTA down to a science for terrestrial running the linkbox local 8000 hd 23Sept2014v602_Red.abs (and the guide is really nice and clean i might add) so what about trying to get my bigger and more interesting birds back? so i then installed: skybox v203 .abs via usb and im back to a very familiar screen backround. i am pretty sure i have an LS400 chip installed but no way of verifying that information without removing the chip, but there is a chip rest assured.. whether it is the 400 or 500 i am not sure..
    my dish set up is: DISHNETWORK DISH 500 PLUS + LNB'S FOR 110, 118, 118.7, 129 (based on a google image search for a pic of a dish and LNBs like mine)
    keep in mind i am not the installer and am still learning so bare with me please on the next info:
    i am trying to scan and no channels are coming in.
    i have network settings off and am doing a normal scan, and have narrowed that scan to one single bird before trying others (W 119)
    here are my current settings (i think)
    satellite = W 119
    LNB Freq = DishPro LNB 11250
    Transponder =
    DiSEqC1.0 = port 3 (not sure if that is correct)
    DiSEqC1.1 = disable
    22k = off
    Polarity = Auto
    Multi SW = None
    Motor DiSEqC = disable
    Tuner = LNB1 (not sure if that can be changed as it is not an illuminated option to change)

at this point i am in the process of elimination on one bird scanning and trying to get transponder settings correct wondering if all the while i may have the wrong firmware, the wrong port, the wrong bird, the wrong everything.. there are so many variables to think about it is quite frustrating. other threads have helped me with information, but their set ups may have varied slightly to mine.. now i am really wondering what is what.. i am thankful i was able to fix my linkbox myself to get FTA Terrestrial but the other ones i had before would be nice to watch again currently i have scanned 13 of a possible 26 Transponder settings for this one bird using a no network normal scan (network is off locally both in settings and during the scan)
    my signal quality is 98% but intensity seems to not go past 43% on the few that i have tried scanning already and still no channels..
    i am pretty familiar with my server settings at this point i just need help with channel scanning and transponder settings (i think)
    am i on the right track? am i wasting my time completely because i missed something? arrrg ANY help and feedback is greatly appreciated from anyone..

if this helps somebody in the future with my same problem, welcome to the suck
    but it is a fun little hobby so try not to get discouraged if you are reading this. keep at it.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule? -Anton Chigurh

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 8 Posts

thanks to all that read this and said nothing. got it up.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule? -Anton Chigurh

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

If it makes yu feel better, I stopped and glanced but didn't read it as it was a little long winded for me. As for the other members, maybe they knew you.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,744x in 641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linkboxsatman View Post
    thanks to all that read this and said nothing. got it up.
    Great to here that you solved the problem on your own !
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 8 Posts

i had a little help from a friend..

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 8 Posts

yeah sorry about that, i wanted to be thorough..