Thread: Finding the right LNB

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Default Finding the right LNB

Is there any massive from Jamaica on the forum or anyone who know the answer to my question.
    I have a 6ft dish that i used to catch the 110 and 119 satellites in Jamaica but i have to use 2 single circular lnb, i catch 119 in the holder with a single and 110 i catch by placing another single on the arm of the dish, my question is, is there a single lnb that i can use in Jamaica to catch both satellites? if so which one and will i be able to catch 129 on that same dish?
    Please help after all we are all testing right?
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

You could use a twin lnb (2 eyes in 1 housing) to get both sats but you will need to skew the dish with that kind of lnb, the nice thing about using 2 single lnb's is that you don't need to skew the dish, you just adjust the 110 lnb to get the best signal. As for 129 you would have to talk to someone in your area to see if all 3 sats can be had with that size dish. What I would do is get a third single lnb and strap it to the other side of 119 and see if you can grab 129 with it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    You could use a twin lnb (2 eyes in 1 housing) to get both sats but you will need to skew the dish with that kind of lnb, the nice thing about using 2 single lnb's is that you don't need to skew the dish, you just adjust the 110 lnb to get the best signal. As for 129 you would have to talk to someone in your area to see if all 3 sats can be had with that size dish. What I would do is get a third single lnb and strap it to the other side of 119 and see if you can grab 129 with it.
    Thanks brethren i will go with the 3 singles but if i do that means i need a switch that will work with dish network receivers, i have both dp 34 and dp 44 switches but i think those would only work with fta receivers, if thats the case what switch will work with dish Hd receivers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 21 Posts

dp 44 will work its not only for fta

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Thanks i appreciate your help

6. The Following User Says Thank You to buzat For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

Quote Originally Posted by buzat View Post
    Is there any massive from Jamaica on the forum or anyone who know the answer to my question.
    I have a 6ft dish that i used to catch the 110 and 119 satellites in Jamaica but i have to use 2 single circular lnb, i catch 119 in the holder with a single and 110 i catch by placing another single on the arm of the dish, my question is, is there a single lnb that i can use in Jamaica to catch both satellites? if so which one and will i be able to catch 129 on that same dish?
    Please help after all we are all testing right?
    Thanks
    friend it would be easyier if you had a dish 1000.2 with dpp lnb it already has a built inn switch and if you had only one receiver it,ll work great with one receiver and only need one cable from for all three sats....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steven charles View Post
    friend it would be easyier if you had a dish 1000.2 with dpp lnb it already has a built inn switch and if you had only one receiver it,ll work great with one receiver and only need one cable from for all three sats....
    I know but a dish 1000.2 is too small i need at least a 4 footer to get any signal at all.

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to buzat For This Useful Post: