Thread: replacing my Jynxbox V2

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default replacing my Jynxbox V2

my box stopped working this weekend with pixilation and high pitch when it does it and nothing to do with dish or cables because my linkbox works well. Got my money worth and time to move. If i get a new box which boxes are the best right now any help would be appreciate . thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

theres the dreamlink hd t5 but if you want a cheaper on theres the newer jynx boxes,and also theres the azbox premium hd that's a great little receiver....
    Last edited by steven charles; 03-23-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 306x in 192 Posts

Replacing tuner is much cheaper then buying a new box. That is IF that is the problem. Have you tried another tuner? possibly another slot?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wheresmystuff For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

thanks for your suggestions . I took box to the store i deal with and they let me try tunner before i bought it and got my box fixed. But i have a friend with an old nano that freeze too much and wants to upgrade .

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by mauricin124 View Post
    thanks for your suggestions . I took box to the store i deal with and they let me try tunner before i bought it and got my box fixed. But i have a friend with an old nano that freeze too much and wants to upgrade .
    I you are going to buy a jynxbox, I think the V7 is the best, the only bad thing is you will need to replace the fan.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iq180 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 20 Posts
    Items Coffee makerBlenderRadioTVPhoneToaster

On that note how is the jynxbox V6 is it HD and how is the picture and is it a good investment to make or is the jynxbox V7 better or how about the azbox premium HD as steven charles suggested as long as the receiver is mpg 4 because I heard that it was being changed from mpg2 to mpg4 in june. I'll appreciate any advice

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

You are talking about Jynx clones now. Anything higher than a v3 is a clone and if you have a JB200 installed then yes it is HD and yes it is mpeg 4 compliant.

You can do some reading on them here in the clone section...http://www.satfix.net/forumdisplay.php?1540-Jyxnbox

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 20 Posts

Thanks for the info Anubis. that is really helpful. and for sure I don't want a clone. Thanks again

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Martini
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

The clones show they run well. IQ180 has tested each of them with different files so hop over to that section using the link I gave you and do some reading on the feedback. It just may be the receiver you are looking for.

Another new one has come out called Prosat. It also is a media unit as well as a FTA box and so far from what I have heard it is a nice unit. You can find it on fleebay.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 20 Posts

Anubis, I see that you are really knowledgeable on the fta boxes so I want to run something by you, I have been using a ilink9000p for about 6 or 7 years and have been happy with it, and it's still working, but anyway since I heard that everything was changing from mpeg2 to mpeg4 in June I figured that I should look for a receiver that's compatible with mpeg4 and at the same time go with a HD receiver. so, I purchased a dreamlink HD about 4 days ago and I went ahead and did some research on how to set it up I got the 121 file put into the receiver did a factory reset mind you it came with the SK200 module already installed. so I went and scanned my sats which are 110, 119, 129, so I also put my PS codes but when I scanned the 129 sat I only got 15 channels and the other 2 sats I got maybe 300 channels combining the 2 sats. and it shows that the signal is real weak on all of the sats some channels come in but real shaky, and a lot of the channels don't come in at all. so I connected the ilink9000p just to check the signal and the signal on the ilink is really strong and all of the channels come in perfectly. so I don't know what's happening with the dreamlink receiver I tried everything. can you help me with this issue. I'll appreciate it before I go get another receiver. I should try to get the dreamlinkHD up because I heard a lot of good reviews on the dreamlink. Thanks in advance I know that this is only for jynxbox section. but I figure now that I got your attention I would ask your advise on this matter. because if I start a new post I'm afraid that I'll lose you response and expertise. so I want to apologize in advance

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by crazycool View Post
    Anubis, I see that you are really knowledgeable on the fta boxes so I want to run something by you, I have been using a ilink9000p for about 6 or 7 years and have been happy with it, and it's still working, but anyway since I heard that everything was changing from mpeg2 to mpeg4 in June I figured that I should look for a receiver that's compatible with mpeg4 and at the same time go with a HD receiver. so, I purchased a dreamlink HD about 4 days ago and I went ahead and did some research on how to set it up I got the 121 file put into the receiver did a factory reset mind you it came with the SK200 module already installed. so I went and scanned my sats which are 110, 119, 129, so I also put my PS codes but when I scanned the 129 sat I only got 15 channels and the other 2 sats I got maybe 300 channels combining the 2 sats. and it shows that the signal is real weak on all of the sats some channels come in but real shaky, and a lot of the channels don't come in at all. so I connected the ilink9000p just to check the signal and the signal on the ilink is really strong and all of the channels come in perfectly. so I don't know what's happening with the dreamlink receiver I tried everything. can you help me with this issue. I'll appreciate it before I go get another receiver. I should try to get the dreamlinkHD up because I heard a lot of good reviews on the dreamlink. Thanks in advance I know that this is only for jynxbox section. but I figure now that I got your attention I would ask your advise on this matter. because if I start a new post I'm afraid that I'll lose you response and expertise. so I want to apologize in advance
    It sounds like you have somthing wrong with your settings & you don't have all the TPs.
    BTW, you should have got the jynxbox V7.
    Last edited by iq180; 05-22-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 20 Posts

Well I can get the jynxbox V6 is that a HD receiver and where do I get the set up instructions and the files. Thanks iq180

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Martini

S_N_S

IQ is right about your settings on the Dreamlink. Before you decide to purchase another unit post your issue in the proper Dreamlink receiver section (HD, T4, T5) and let's see what kind of feedback you get. When you post though, post your current setting and what kind of LNB's, and if you are running a switch, etc. There is also the possibility the module is bad as well.