Thread: Fibre Optic

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Fibre Optic

I have recently updated to fibre optic internet. I cannot get a connection on my FTA. Preveiously, I received my wireless connection using a zyxel adapter connected via a cat 5 cable. Should I be using a different adapter?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

So does this adapter get it's internet from your computer? If so then is there a way to reset this adapter and or did you try a reset of your receiver? There will be a different address that the box needs to have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    So does this adapter get it's internet from your computer? If so then is there a way to reset this adapter and or did you try a reset of your receiver? There will be a different address that the box needs to have.
    Yes, the adapter received internet from the computer. One was wired to computer, the other adapter was wired to fta box. I don't think the adapters can be reset, that's why I am thinking I need to replace them, I just don't know with what.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zipity2_ View Post
    Yes, the adapter received internet from the computer. One was wired to computer, the other adapter was wired to fta box. I don't think the adapters can be reset, that's why I am thinking I need to replace them, I just don't know with what.
    Problem solved. I replaced my cat5 cables with cat6.