Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wrong Channel Names

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts
    Items CanadaBurgerDishSome beer

Quote Originally Posted by auggie View Post
    Ok then, also if you are using the disq switch that came with the sv360P
    they are junk, suggest getting a better quality switch (EMP, CHIETA)
    I am using a EMP-Centauri. Changed to a different switch, just one of the cheap ones and no difference. Still no signal or quality. I really should not have a switch problem unless shutting the receiver down multiple times affects the switch. Am I missing something? I checked and setup all the dish settings and everything seems to be ok.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,078x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

I have had to move up in down in the tp list to get the Q&S to pop back up or backing out of the settings menu and back in to get it to pop back up...kinda a glitch with this stb. Did you unhook your RG6? I have unhooked mine and hooked it back up to the loop out by mistake.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lacoster7 View Post
    Never , never, never use Channel Master to loads channels to any receiver.
    You may brick very easy receiver.
    Channel Master is a worst cr&p I ever come across, it is so buggy, that it is beyond any imagination.

It is not even good for its primary goal, converting, sorting channels.

It crash so often, that whatever you do, after each operation u have to save your work. Otherwise, you loose hours of work and have to start from the begining.
    For my part I hate that the op or in this case bigbro had trouble with it...as I said I've used it in the past with the old Pansat but couldn't remember how well it worked with the sonicview. When you don't mess with these older stb's for a while it is easy to forget somethings and you have to rely on memory...never want to see anyone mess up an stb over any advise I may give or anyone else may give for that matter. I would hope anyone that may read this later on would not attempt to use CM for any of the newer stb's out...last time CM was updated was back in 2008 so any stb after that date would be null and void in the use with CM. I just hope bigbro can get back to where he was prior to.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 08-03-2015 at 04:35 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    For my part I hate that the op or in this case bigbro had trouble with it...as I said I've used it in the past with the old Pansat but couldn't remember how well it worked with the sonicview. When you don't mess with these older stb's for a while it is easy to forget somethings and you have to rely on memory...never want to see anyone mess up an stb over any advise I may give or anyone else may give for that matter. I would hope anyone that may read this later on would not attempt to use CM for any of the newer stb's out...last time CM was updated was back in 2008 so any stb after that date would be null and void in the use with CM. I just hope bigbro can get back to where he was prior to.
    I do not blame anyone for this and appreciate anything and everything that members are willing to try and help out with. Just part of the hobby.
    Last edited by bigbro; 08-03-2015 at 05:14 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbro For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts

I have had to move up in down in the tp list to get the Q&S to pop back up or backing out of the settings menu and back in to get it to pop back up...kinda a glitch with this stb. Did you unhook your RG6? I have unhooked mine and hooked it back up to the loop out by mistake.
    Tried all that, still not getting anything. Never did disconnect the RG6, but tried removing and reattaching just to make sure. There is 0-Q and 0-S on all 3 satellites I am pointed at. My other receiver with the same sats is working fine. Would reloading the files again have any possible benefit?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Probably not...I'm just at a loss why it lost q and s seeing it was fine before.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts

Ok, I know your all sick of hearing about my problem. But, I have some further information. I decide to connect my SV8000HD receiver to the lines of the SV360 Premier. I get a slight signal quality on a few stations but no Q or S on most. I did notice all my Servers are showing DNS Fail. I rebooted my Modem/Router and the receiver but nothing changes. It comes up DNS Fail instantaneously. I do get "Network Connected". Can someone make anything of that info? Please lol.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,463x in 2,189 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

Sonicviews have weak power supply's, and if to many connections (LNB'S,SWITCHES,ETC.) the rec.
    can get messed up, That is why i mentioned Hooking up Directly, which in turn would rule out a bad switch.
    I am not a expert on this just trying to give some suggestions from pryer experience with the SV360P
    which i am using currently.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Sounds like you either have something not set correctly in the dish settings or like auggie said could be a switch gone bad. I know a while back I had a sw21 switch in my setup and I forgot to set it up in the dish settings and it would have me scratching my head to why I wasn't getting the q & s I should be getting until it dawned on me I forgot to setup the switch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,299x in 1,096 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrass
Message: Just because you have been a member for a long time and because I wanted to....DeeMonitor
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassMini Cooper
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrass

After loading latest file, did you change lnb freq. to 11250?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fn59 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fn59 View Post
    After loading latest file, did you change lnb freq. to 11250?
    Yes, I did. Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts

Sounds like you either have something not set correctly in the dish settings or like auggie said could be a switch gone bad. I know a while back I had a sw21 switch in my setup and I forgot to set it up in the dish settings and it would have me scratching my head to why I wasn't getting the q & s I should be getting until it dawned on me I forgot to setup the switch.
    There are really no switch settings other the the correct port on the diseqc switch. It seems to be that it may come down to the switch. Do not have a reliable replacement at the moment. May try and remove switch from my other setup just to confirm one way or the other.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Did you say that you had another receiver that was hooked up to the same setup (dish, switch, etc.) that was working fine
    if so ? I would get ALL THE INFO off the working one, and hook the 360P up to the working side, and input the
    Good/working info from the other receiver into it, and See What Happens. If not then like i said before, you need to
    hook up Directly (eliminate the Possible/potential problems) We can't really help a whole lot, with out knowing what
    equipment/hardware, you are using, how it is setup, etc. We can only offer suggestions based on past experience

18. The Following User Says Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 72 Posts

Well I ordered a new switch. Unfortunately it appears as though the receiver is toast. Hooked it up to my other setup and nothing. So I hooked up a brand new SV360 Premier that I had in storage and received a good S and Q reading immediately. Hard to believe it all started with trying to correct channel names and wound up with a fried receiver. That's what happens when I have to much time on my hands (been on holidays for the past 3 weeks). Just want to thank everyone, especially abouttosnap and auggie for their continual help. Unfortunately it was for not, as far as getting my receiver running again. Overall it was fun and informative, though a little frustrating.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbro For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Don't give up just yet on the non-working one, if you can get the new one working try one last thing
    I SEEM TO REMEMBER that there was a way to clone and or transfer everything from receiver to receiver
    (working to non-working one) if that doesn't work, Then I Would Toss It.

Auggie

22. The Following User Says Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast