Thread: Some questions about the Jynxbox v7

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 8 Posts

Default Some questions about the Jynxbox v7

So while I wait for my new box to arrive, I've been doing some reading at a few forums and have a few random questions about it.

1) Will this thing have the balls to drive a 1000.2 DPP triple LNB setup well on its own? The reason I still wonder this is despite claims that it's 650ma LNB output, I've seen posts at other forums calling bs and saying it's restricted to like 350-450 same as all the other STBs. And yet others recommend still using a power inserter even though they say it is 650ma.

2) for being a chinese clone, just how cheap and crappy is it in terms of build quality, software performance, etc?

3) How is the Picture quality overall? Especially compared to name brand receivers like Dreamlink.

The reason I ask 2 and 3 is that I really don't want to have too much money tied up in hardware if we're in the dying days of IKS like they say. I'd rather sell off the T5 while it's holding its value and use this sub $100 box if it will be adequate (doesn't have to be great). But I've never bought a clone before so I don't know what to expect.

4) I've heard people say that converting this box to an azlink has multiple benefits like slightly faster channel changing and a cooler running tuner, is there anything to this? Is it worth the effort? For what it's worth, given proper instructions I'm great at reading and am pretty technically competent when it comes to this stuff--I've done some fun stuff back in the n2 days with atmega cards, jtagging, etc, but got out of the scene for several years so I'm a bit rusty. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but if not will run it as-is.

5) is it worth immediately replacing the fan with a larger one to cool it better (and quieter)? or is it fine to wait until the original fan poops out before messing with things?

that's all I can think of for now. I've seen most of these questions addressed at least partially but there's just generally not a lot of people talking about them, so most of the posts are 4-8 months old and I know things can change or new fact can come to light, etc.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bobmofo101 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 18 Posts

2) Pretty cheap, but works fine. Really wish it had a theme menu, but you get what you pay for.

3) Happy with picture quality

5) Took the fan completely out it was way too noisy. Been running two weeks that way with no issues whatsoever .
    Last edited by dalej88; 01-30-2015 at 07:59 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dalej88 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

The power output is 650mA but if you have a cable run more than 50 feet the box will over heat, in that case you will need some
    extra power, all in all it's a great receiver for the price,JMO.
    As for the fan it is junk and you will need to replace it but that's the only thing I can think of.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iq180 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 8 Posts

Great, thanks. The run might be around 50' or a little less. I'll have to hope that it works I guess. My Dreamlink T5 works but is fussy with changing channels/sats and I think if i were to run it this way permanently, it might damage itself after a few months.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 8 Posts

I've read that post. This one is supposed to come with the right SW baked in, I think it's the last seller who is still selling them that way.

Or am I missing something else from that thread? I did read the whole thing though (and I'll probably do the fan mod to improve airflow).
    Last edited by bobmofo101; 01-30-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 27 Posts

lol you could have unplugged the fan wiring and the end result would have been the same

Quote Originally Posted by dalej88 View Post
    2) Pretty cheap, but works fine. Really wish it had a theme menu, but you get what you pay for.

3) Happy with picture quality

5) Took the fan completely out it was way too noisy. Been running two weeks that way with no issues whatsoever .

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 18 Posts

ya but it pissed me off so bad, I wanted it gone! lol

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 8 Posts

Argh, I want to play with my new box! Ordered a week ago and finally the tracking showed that as of yesterday it had just arrived in Shenzhen, China. Hopefully it'll get here some time next week but it might be the week after.