Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Mayweather Hires Southpaw Sparring Partner

• January 27th, 2015

By Ivan G. Goldman
    So what’s Floyd Mayweather waiting for? He still hasn’t signed a contract to fight Manny Pacquiao on May 2, and HBO, rather than waiting around to solve the Floyd puzzle, has already grabbed the date for a contest between Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland.
    Yet even in the teeth of all this stalling and despair, I’ve got hopeful news for those eternal optimists expecting to see a Super Fight at last between the two top welters, Mayweather and Pacquiao.
    There are some who contend that Mayweather fears Pacquiao’s explosive southpaw speed and will never face him under any circumstances. As for myself, I was leaning toward the theory that Mayweather would decide sometime after October 2018 when they launch the James Webb Space Telescope. More on that later.
    But then I spoke with an insider who’s always steered me correctly. “Floyd’s hired a southpaw sparring partner,” he said. “They’re starting right away. It really might mean something.”
    It’s possible Floyd wanted a southpaw refresher course with no particular aim in mind, but it could also be a sign he sees Pacquiao on the road ahead.
    Floyd: looking to the stars for a Manny date? Mayweather holds world titles in both the welter and super welter divisions. Go down the list of upper-echelon southpaws in both weight classes and you come up with only four:
    * Devon Alexander, 26-3 (14 KOs), who was overwhelmed by Amir Khan in his last outing and whose career has definitely hit a rough patch.
    * Erislandy Lara, 20-2-2 (12 (KOs), a Cuban who fights out of Houston and holds a bogus, lesser WBA title. Mayweather holds the real one.
    * Demetrius Andrade, 21-0 (14 KOs), a tall super welter from Providence, Rhode, Island.
    * Philippines Congressman Pacquiao, 57-5-2 (38 KOs), who looked sharp in his last three outings, against Chris Algieri, Timothy Bradley, and Brandon Rios and who much of the world wants to see in the ring against pound-for-pound king Mayweather.
    Floyd appears locked into the PPV format, and it would be awfully difficult to sell Alexander or Lara as PPV opponents. Andrade’s career lost traction when he pulled out of a December 13 contest with Jermell Charlo on Showtime because he decided the purse was inadequate. But if Mayweather accepted him as an opponent, all would be forgiven.
    With HBO scheduling Canelo vs Kirkland for May 2, the rumored joint HBO-Showtime pay-per-view telecast of Pacquiao-Mayweather on that date appears dead.
    What’s more, Golden Boy, which is promoting Canelo-Kirkland, has been taking over promotional details for Mayweather fights for years. It’s not likely to put on two big cards the same night, which means it also sees little hope for a Mayweather-Pacquiao Super Fight May 2, which is the Saturday closest to the Mexican holiday of Cinco de Mayo. But there are other possible dates.
    Canelo-Kirkland isn’t the greatest super welterweight contest you could put together. Kirkland, 32-1 (28 KOs), stopped his last five opponents, but only if you count the ridiculous 10th round disqualification of Carlos Molina, who was kicking his butt. Ostensibly Molina’s cornermen were inside the ring when they weren’t supposed to be there. Kirkland hasn’t even competed since December 2013.
    Meanwhile Pacquiao declares he’s said yes to everything, signed everything for May 2 and that if he doesn’t get Floyd’s signature by the end of this month, now less than a week away, he moves on. Again.
    Floyd sings the same old song — that Pacquiao’s not good enough to fight or doesn’t sell enough pay-per-views or he already had his chance years ago and didn’t take it and besides, his promoter Bob Arum is impossible to deal with.
    Floyd, who once chose the ring moniker of “Money,” would lose something like 25 or 30 million dollars by substituting anyone else for Pacquiao. It may not be the best fight out there, but it’s the one that the general public craves, that would get a tsunami of free publicity in all the big-distribution media and sell like crazy on fight night. It would be the Super Bowl of boxing, the biggest-money fight in history, by far.
    Now about that space telescope launch in 2018. It will give us the most magnificent view of the stars ever, thereby affording Mayweather a more precise astrological chart and revealing the most propitious time for him to get into the ring with Pacquiao. Because after all, you can’t be too careful.
    Floyd, who turns 38 in less than a month, would be a mere 41 at launch time, giving him plenty of time to decide, unless gosh, the clock runs out first.
    Some of you may protest that wait a minute, you’ve never heard that Mayweather believes in astrology. Frankly, neither have I. But I bet he’d be willing to try if it provided him with a fresh excuse not to face Manny Pacquiao.
    As for the southpaw sparring partner, I’ll believe Floyd will fight Manny when I see them in the ring together and the bell sounds to begin round one.

Cobra.....

I don`t care if you like PBF or not you gotta admit the guy is hilarious......he`s probably sitting home howling at all the speculation and excitement he causes by just hiring a lefty to spar with.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

He also went to the Miami game knowing Pac would be there, the rest is well known already. Chickens don't look for confrontation with opponents, having a southpaw hired as a sparring partner tell me he's on the way to beat his best opponent.The odds just went up 4 to1. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Fibroso; 01-29-2015 at 12:15 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,572x in 473 Posts

He can hire a southpaw.
    He can dance the cha-cha.
    He can be La Cucuracha,
    Follow Manny to Manila.

But until he signs the contract
    It shall confirm the fact
    He's scared shi$tless to act
    Keeping his zero intact!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fibroso View Post
    He also went to the Miami game knowing Pac would be there, the rest is well known already. Chickens don't look for confrontation with opponents, having a southpaw hired as a sparring partner tell me he's on the way to beat his best opponent.The odds just went up 4 to1. Time will tell.
    Senor Fib, I can never tell when you are on your 6th bottle of Medalla, or if you are drowning in RonRico rum. You give your favourite too much credit. To believe that "he went to Miami to seek out Pacquiao" is to accept that David Blaine or David Copperfield, magicians, could tele-transport themselves from Las Vegas to Atlantic City at the blink of an eye! Do you really think he knew that Pacquiao and Erik Spoelstra (Miami Heat coach) were friends? Or that Pacquiao's flight out of Miami would be cancelled by a vicious snowstorm hitting the East Coast?

The truth is, regardless of what everyone calls an exceptional "chance encounter" these two had a few days ago; regardless of the "supposedly hiring of a southpaw sparring mate"; regardless of the latest presumably from an insider at EXPN; regardless, regardless, regardless, this super fight is going nowhere!

Let me tell you why it is not happening by quoting JAMES CORRIGAN of UK TELEGRAPH:

"The answer is fear. The same fear as Bobby Fischer when delaying his chess match with Boris Spassky and then refusing to defend his world title. Fischer could not handle the concept of defeat, could not cope with the thought of being second in the discipline which defined him. Laugh if you want, but Mayweather is very probably a similar animal, not just in his ego but in his passion for his sport and his place within that sport. Unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao does not have an undefeated record. He has so much less to lose."

There are a few more days to the SUPER BOWL. Dollars to donuts, there will be no announcement!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Regardless of what you call me, hater, drunk or anything else, you will not stop my confidence in The undefeated's capacity to beat your Paisano. Using his undefeated status as an excuse to run away from a already defeated boxer is not going to make it. Forgetting the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant wasn't to smart on your part, regardless that Spoelstra might've invited Pac to the game. After all Pac was there for a very special purpose. Floyd's assistant are smart enough to know that the Filipino icon would be in the Cuban abundant city. Rigo might have made that important phone call. Since Arum's publicly announcement of getting someone else to fight Pac, Mayweather decided to make a fool out him by appearing live in front of his so called nemesis, and showing no sings of being scared. One thing Sir, once you lose, you tend to keep losing, if confronted with the best.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Regardless of what you call me, hater, drunk or anything else, you will not stop my confidence in The undefeated's capacity to beat your Paisano. Using his undefeated status as an excuse to run away from a already defeated boxer is not going to make it. Forgetting the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant wasn't to smart on your part, regardless that Spoelstra might've invited Pac to the game. After all Pac was there for a very special purpose. Floyd's assistant are smart enough to know that the Filipino icon would be in the Cuban abundant city. Rigo might have made that important phone call. Since Arum's publicly announcement of getting someone else to fight Pac, Mayweather decided to make a fool out him by appearing live in front of his so called nemesis, and showing no sings of being scared. One thing Sir, once you lose, you tend to keep losing, if confronted with the best.
    Correction, I would not call you any names. That is not nice. I don't think we are arguing about who wins if they met inside the ring. And of course, knowing your passion for the "The Best Ever", your confidence about his greatness has no bounds. I'm simply saying that "he is not stalking Pacquiao" (like you stated - to prove his is not a chicken!). Their meeting at half time is "pure coincidental encounter". He is a fantastic boxer and a smart businessman when it comes to protecting his boxing interests...but.....really, besides all that, he is just not that smart...not according to me but according to all that have followed him...including his former friend 50 cents, who says that Mayweather is illiterate (can't read).

By the way, he (Manny) has retired from "singing".

Cmmmmmmm...... "once you lose, you tend to keep losing?".....oh, then I am sorry. Rios, Bradley, and Algieri would definitely not mind having their loss erased!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Cmmmmmmm...... "once you lose, you tend to keep losing?".....oh, then I am sorry. Rios, Bradley, and Algieri would definitely not mind having their loss erased!
    I said when confronted with the best. Whatch the Super Bawl, you'll see whats going on. Your paisano will get his wish and his butt kicked also. Now Pac will know that is easier to call the Devil than watching coming.
    Last edited by Fibroso; 01-30-2015 at 09:16 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I said when confronted with the best. Whatch the Super Bawl, you'll see whats going on. Your paisano will get his wish and his butt kicked also. Now Pac will know that is easier to call the Devil than watching coming.
    Hahahaha! Everyone is getting anxious and excited including ESPN, Yahoo Sports, GMA, and Michael Koncz. It's all over the news...Super Bowl announcement? Ho hum.....I don't blame Rudee for staying away from the discussion.

I still say your boy is like a toothless Bengal Tiger...lots of growling....oh...and running. I ain't holding my breath. It ain't happening!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aquariusone View Post
    Hahahaha! Everyone is getting anxious and excited including ESPN, Yahoo Sports, GMA, and Michael Koncz. It's all over the news...Super Bowl announcement? Ho hum.....I don't blame Rudee for staying away from the discussion.

I still say your boy is like a toothless Bengal Tiger...lots of growling....oh...and running. I ain't holding my breath. It ain't happening!
    Me
    Pacquiao will be torn apart by a bigger and better boxer than him. Just like Benitez picketed apart Duran in 1982.

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao
    DEAL DONE
    ... Fight Set

Floyd Mayweather has agreed to fight Manny Pacquiao ... multiple sources tell TMZ Sports ... who say the two finally came to an agreement moments ago.

The two sides had been trying to hammer out a deal for a while to square off at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 2nd.

Manny had agreed to his contract weeks ago ... and it was all up to Floyd to sign on the dotted line.

But now, after meeting in person at the Miami Heat game earlier this week ... we're told it's a done deal .. and the two sides will make a formal announcement in the coming days.

Read more:
    Code:
     http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3QMOZEKJj
    Last edited by Fibroso; 01-31-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Me
    Pacquiao will be torn apart by a bigger and better boxer than him. Just like Benitez picketed apart Duran in 1982.

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao
    DEAL DONE
    ... Fight Set

Floyd Mayweather has agreed to fight Manny Pacquiao ... multiple sources tell TMZ Sports ... who say the two finally came to an agreement moments ago.

The two sides had been trying to hammer out a deal for a while to square off at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 2nd.

Manny had agreed to his contract weeks ago ... and it was all up to Floyd to sign on the dotted line.

But now, after meeting in person at the Miami Heat game earlier this week ... we're told it's a done deal .. and the two sides will make a formal announcement in the coming days.

Read more:
    Code:
     http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3QMOZEKJj
    5000 satbux....NO announcement at Super Bowl!!!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

Lets get this fight over with as it is over rated and Mayweather will finally shut Pacuiao up and knock his arse out and they both can retire.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

A while back all the way to their prime i had Pac being able to cut off the ring and inflict a lot of punishment on PBF thus slowing him down to the point that he would get caught. He would take a lot of punishment in doing so but nothing that I think he couldn`t handle. I would have bet Pac in 6 or 7. Now????? ......I don`t see it. Guaranteed it would be a lesser fight now than had it happened then but age does a funny thing to a fighter....it makes them all easier to be hit while slowing them down. The speed of the demise of any fighter depends on his activity, his style and his opponents. Based on the type of fighter, the type of fights and their own style in the ring I`m seeing PBF being able to go the distance and win on points....possibly big points.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post: