Thread: Christmas 2014

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 438x in 149 Posts

Default Christmas 2014

I know that everybody is in the yuletide spirit, enjoying the holiday season, and looking forward to Christmas, spending it with family and friends, etc. This is a very bad time of year for me. I lost my father on November 3, 2013, and this is my second Christmas without him. My mom passed away on October 26, 2014 and this will be my first Christmas without her. I took care of my father for ten years (including the last years of his life) and also my mother for the last three and a half years of her life. I did everything for them--cook, clean, laundry, doctors appointments, etc. Now that I have lost both of my folks I look around and realize that I have nobody to spend Christmas with, or to have the big holiday meal with, or receiving one single gift. It will be just like Thanksgiving--just me alone in my home. It's not my intention to get everybody else out of the holiday spirit, but I needed to let everybody know why this is a bad time of year for me. Thanks for listening.....

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SVHD For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Well your not alone, we are all here for you, even though we can't be sitting around the dinner table together or sitting by the fire talking about old times you will never be truly alone as long as you have all of us your online friends here at Satfix.

And due to my bad health I too have sat home alone on holidays, I can drive very far, and sometimes the weather is too bad for any long trip to see my remaining family, so it's just me by the PC and a good drink or two.

One year after my Mother died I was very depressed right around the holidays, that is until one of my neighbors asked me to come along down to one of the local food banks and help out, it was very rewarding to help those that didn't have the means to have a real Xmas or new years dinner, it kind of got me out of my slump.

Not saying it will perk you up, but it couldn't hurt.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,094x in 3,150 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:31 AM from hedley

Please don't spend Christmas eve or Christmas day alone. you might be surprised how many people fell the same way as you do right now and want to spend time with someone anyone on the day of days. My aunt felt the same way as you do and one Christmas eve walked in to a soup kitchen to volunteer and has been doing it for the last 35 years or so, she met her girlfriend there and they have been very happy for many a year. no matter how old or young you might be there is someone waiting for you , waiting to talk to you,waiting to be with you and maybe love you.

here's a song for you

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." -- Sinclair Lewis

The answer is 42

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbrother For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

svhd I know what your going thru my friend,a couple a years ago my father died of cancer,and everyone in my family was etheir in bad mood or didn,t fill like doing anything,and my sisters crying all the time,and didn,t even felt like going to work and everything,but somebody told me you need to live bro your still alive and everything,thats why I understand when you loose a love one,but friend you got plenty of friends here on the site,you got keep living and keep your spirit up,and sorry for your loss my friend,and try to enjoy life and hope everything works out for you and your family and god bless you my friend....
    Last edited by steven charles; 12-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to steven charles For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,243x in 3,573 Posts
    Items beer
Gift received at 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM from JCO

Hey SVHD...

Maybe it's time to get out a bit & have some fun... C'mon man... Get out & enjoy the world while you can but be safe....lol

Look... my dad died in the early nineties... Mom's in ill health so I visit her as often as possible... You have to make time for yourself

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hutch For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241x in 433 Posts

I too have lost my parents in very recent years, what I keep in mind is what they would have wanted for me and my family. That is to be happy, live our lives to the fullest and remember the very best of times we shared together as a family. Merry Christmas to all of you that are burdened with a heart ache this Christmas Season. Hunter.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hunter11 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,744x in 641 Posts

Brother thanks for sharing that with us all and i know its not easy for you this time of year but i too lost both my parents over the past 5 yrs they grew during the great depression and raised 7 of us kids my dad fought in korea and they stuck together in marriage for 58 yrs and i couldn't have had better parents but their both gone and its still beats me up inside during holidays bdays etc but it dose get better SVHD over the years ! I just wanted to say to you that i know your pain and all the thoughts,feelings and emotions that are tied to such a loss and there are no words to comfort you from all this during christmas.i just wanted to say to you that it dose get better over time.Peace and love to you brother.
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kijiji For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 86,057x in 13,397 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 04:59 AM from hope32

I, among others, have also lost both parents plus my step dad. Unlike yourself I have a family, good friends that I can turn to if I choose, however I feel life is about choices. You can curl up and shut yourself away from society or you can, like a lot of people mentioned get involved in a soup kitchen, church activity, volunteer at a hospital etc. etc. There is a lot of stuff a person can involved in and that opens the pathway to meeting people and developing friendships. I am 68 yrs. old but I am on our hospital board, volunteer fire fighter, cross country ski club, run the senior's curling and I am available to help others when called.

I am sure your parents would have wanted to take the second road and live your life to the fullest. I also think that it is easy to take the first road and I hope that I never have to make these choices but if I do I would like it to be the second choice. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best, however when Christmas rolls around next year and you are still alone I will be disappointed in your choice.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chicot60 For This Useful Post:

ironworks is offline Moderator/Satfix 2014 NFL Pool week #2 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,395x in 3,027 Posts

I too, lost my mom, dad, my stepmom does not know who I am any more( alltimers).........and no family....so I am glad I will be working it this year............everyone all the best......and stay safe.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ironworks For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 911x in 235 Posts

yesterday we lost Francis {VGIDDY} a member of the FTA world. He was a stand up guy who took the hit. I am proud to have called him my friend.

Oscar

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcella For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
    yesterday we lost Francis {VGIDDY} a member of the FTA world. He was a stand up guy who took the hit. I am proud to have called him my friend.

Oscar
    Srry to hear you lost a good friend oscar. My condolences to the family and may he rest in piece.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

sorry to hear of your loss................it helps to know he`s in a better place.