Thread: Pacquiao says money no object in Mayweather showdown

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,926x in 2,318 Posts
    Items Some beerMonitorWireless AccessUSAVintage carJeepVintage truckMini Cooper

Default Pacquiao says money no object in Mayweather showdown

Pacquiao says money no object in Mayweather showdown

Manny Pacquiao took up Floyd Mayweather Jr's shout-out that the boxers finally book a long-awaited clash on May 2, the Filipino insisting money was no object and that they owed it to the sport to fight each other.
    Mayweather, in remarks to Showtime TV last Friday, said Pacquiao was not worthy of a 50-50 split in his proposed showdown, which would likely become the highest grossing pay-per-view bout in history if the match were made.

Eight-division world champion Pacquiao appeared ready to accommodate the undefeated American.

"Mayweather can get the amount he wants. As early as January this year, I challenged him to a charity fight. Until now, he has not agreed to it. So, money is not the issue in our fight," Pacquiao said on his official website.

"This fight is about legacy, this is about making the fans happy and, above all, this is for the good of boxing."

The two champions, boxing's top drawing cards, have danced around a possible clash for roughly five years, with disputes over purses and drug-testing preventing a match being made.*

"We are ready. Let's make it happen. May 2. Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao. Let's do it," the 37-year-old American, who fights at welterweight and light-middleweight, said.

As befits their familiar verbal sparring, Pacquiao promised he would deliver an exciting fight despite the supreme defensive skills so often displayed by Mayweather (47-0).

"He has reached a dead end. He has nowhere to run but to fight me," Pacquiao (57-5-2) said. "I will try my best to make this a thrilling and entertaining fight.

"But I doubt if he's gonna engage me in a slugfest. You all know his fighting style. Most of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to sleep."

The 35-year-old Pacquiao dominated Chris Algieri in November to retain his WBO welterweight title in his last bout, while Mayweather won a unanimous decision over Marcos Maidana to retain his twin WBC titles in September.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ICEMAN For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,572x in 473 Posts

It will not happen! Mayweather is scared of Manny Pacquiao's shadow!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,109x in 1,179 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM from Fibroso
Message: So you can take a couple of shots the night of the main event. cfheersbeer
Gift received at 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM from Fibroso
Gift received at 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM from Fibroso

I agree,, won't happen.. would have already happened..
    As I said, both past their prime. Floyd is the highest paid athlete
    in the world... He really doesn't need to take a chance on losing.
    All of a sudden Manny is going crazy trying to make the fight.. why? Money?
    I have totally lost interest and will not post on this subject anymore.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rudee For This Useful Post:

Rokko is offline VIP/sports guru/ Satfix 2013 NFL Pool Week # 3 winner
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273x in 411 Posts

floyd will figure out a roadblock--he never has had the stones to step in the ring with manny.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rokko For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

who ever anybody says is not about the money they lie,what your going to fight for free,no way but one thing I,ll say mayweather always want the big bucks its like 75- 100 million each fight is he worth it,i personly don,t think so,but I sure would like to see Thurman fight mayweather,if Thurman could land one good punch he,ll knuck him down....

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steven charles For This Useful Post:

Bonzo is offline Member/Toyota-Savemart 350 Nascar Pool Winner/Satfix 2013 NFL Pool Week # 7 winner/NFL week#11 Pool Winner ,Week 12 pool winner
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268x in 471 Posts
    Items Medal 3
Gift received at 10-22-2013, 11:00 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 09-17-2013, 01:34 AM from Fibroso
Gift received at 05-26-2013, 01:03 AM from darlinkatCrown Royal
Gift received at 05-26-2013, 01:00 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 03-29-2013, 03:18 PM from Fibroso

The only reason why this fight would happen is because Gayweather is not willing to lose Cinco de Mayo date.
    If he goes up against Cotto or Canelo his ppv numbers would suck drastically.
    The only way to avoid that would be a "superfight" and who else than Manny.
    Money , I am sure is the other predominant factor.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bonzo For This Useful Post:

KIDWCKED is offline Visiting Dignitary/Satfix 2021 NFL week 1 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,425x in 4,579 Posts
    Items Some beerMartini
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM from hedley
Gift received at 11-13-2013, 11:18 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Rokko View Post
    floyd will figure out a roadblock--he never has had the stones to step in the ring with manny.

nice post..
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KIDWCKED For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Mayweather's demands to fight Manny Pacquiao:
    • 99.99% of all revenue
    • Pacquiao takes blood tests between rounds
    • Pacquiao runs 5K Marathon just before fight
    • Pacquiao has right arm tied behind back
    • Pacquiao cannot train for fight
    • Pacquiao cannot have a corner team
    • Pacquiao can only throw 1 punch/round
    • Pacquiao cannot eat or drink anything 1 week before fight
    • Floyd awarded first 7 seven rounds, fight starts 8th round
    • Floyd hand picks all judges and referee

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rokko For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,572x in 473 Posts

lmao!!!!!

You forgot another: He must have honeymoon night with Jinkee everyday for 3 weeks before fight!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aquariusone For This Useful Post:

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

Quote Originally Posted by aquariusone View Post
    It will not happen! Mayweather is scared of Manny Pacquiao's shadow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokko View Post
    you are both correct... And he will keep coming up with excuses so as to not face Manny... He will never run out.. of excuses... Heheheheheeee

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Bonzo is offline Member/Toyota-Savemart 350 Nascar Pool Winner/Satfix 2013 NFL Pool Week # 7 winner/NFL week#11 Pool Winner ,Week 12 pool winner
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268x in 471 Posts
    Items Medal 3
Gift received at 10-22-2013, 11:00 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 09-17-2013, 01:34 AM from Fibroso
Gift received at 05-26-2013, 01:03 AM from darlinkatCrown Royal
Gift received at 05-26-2013, 01:00 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 03-29-2013, 03:18 PM from Fibroso

Pacquiao turns 36 today

December 17th, 2014 |

By Chris Williams: WBO 147 pound champion Manny Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs) turned 36-years-old today, and he’s now been fighting for 19 years as a pro since turning professional in 1995. Pacquiao has recently turned his career around with victories over Brandon Rios, Tim Bradley and Chris Algieri.
    There are major questions about whether Pacquiao’s chin is the same since he was knocked out cold by Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012. Since that defeat, Pacquiao has either been matched against light punchers or fighters that have little in the way of hand speed and skills.

Sooner or later, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is going to need to put Pacquiao in with someone with power and decent skills, and when that happens it’s anyone’s guess what will happen.
    Right now, Pacquiao has the possibility of facing Floyd Mayweather Jr on May 2nd next year. Mayweather has offered the fight to the 36-year-old fighter, and now it’s up to Pacquiao whether he can persuade Arum to let him fight that date. If not, then this fight might not ever take place.
    Arum said recently that the May 2nd date is a fight date that belongs to a Mexican fighter like Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, not to Mayweather or Pacquiao. Arum’s stance could very well ruin any chances of a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Of course, Pacquiao can speak his mind and insist on him fighting on that date, but it’s not too likely.
    If Arum doesn’t want Mayweather-Pacquiao fight to take place on May 2nd because Canelo is fighting on that date then that’s likely will be the final word. The negative fallout of the situation is that we could see Pacquiao miss out on the Mayweather fight in the same way he did back in 2010 when he failed to agree to the random blood testing for the fight.
    Arum quickly matched Pacquiao against one of his then Top Rank stable fighters Joshua Clottey for a fight that brought in less than impressive pay-per-view numbers. It’s unclear if Arum assumed that he would be able to reestablish negotiations with Mayweather at a later date to put together a fight between him and Pacquiao.
    If that was Arum’s belief then he clearly made a miscalculation, as the Mayweather fight has remained elusive. If Arum chooses to let the smaller fight between Canelo and Miguel Cotto take place on May 2nd instead of the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight then this could be the kiss of death for that fight.
    The only reason I could see Arum choosing to defer to the Cotto-Canelo fight is him believing that he can come back to the Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations and put that fight together for later in 2015, but that not be the case.
    Arum doesn’t call the shots, and he’s not in the position to where he can dictate when the fight will take place. If Mayweather is offering a fight against the 36-year-old Filipino fighter, then Arum could be making a blow it move if he chooses to go with the smaller fight [Cotto-Canelo] on the May 2nd date. Let’s hope Arum doesn’t live to regret it.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bonzo For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,742x in 1,288 Posts
    Items boat
Gift received at 03-01-2020, 07:05 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-25-2020, 09:26 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-25-2020, 09:26 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-25-2020, 08:02 PM from BluegrassDish
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassPinkfloyd
Gift received at 01-17-2020, 06:23 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    Pacquiao turns 36 today

December 17th, 2014 |

By Chris Williams: WBO 147 pound champion Manny Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs) turned 36-years-old today, and he’s now been fighting for 19 years as a pro since turning professional in 1995. Pacquiao has recently turned his career around with victories over Brandon Rios, Tim Bradley and Chris Algieri.
    There are major questions about whether Pacquiao’s chin is the same since he was knocked out cold by Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012. Since that defeat, Pacquiao has either been matched against light punchers or fighters that have little in the way of hand speed and skills.

Sooner or later, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is going to need to put Pacquiao in with someone with power and decent skills, and when that happens it’s anyone’s guess what will happen.
    Right now, Pacquiao has the possibility of facing Floyd Mayweather Jr on May 2nd next year. Mayweather has offered the fight to the 36-year-old fighter, and now it’s up to Pacquiao whether he can persuade Arum to let him fight that date. If not, then this fight might not ever take place.
    Arum said recently that the May 2nd date is a fight date that belongs to a Mexican fighter like Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, not to Mayweather or Pacquiao. Arum’s stance could very well ruin any chances of a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Of course, Pacquiao can speak his mind and insist on him fighting on that date, but it’s not too likely.
    If Arum doesn’t want Mayweather-Pacquiao fight to take place on May 2nd because Canelo is fighting on that date then that’s likely will be the final word. The negative fallout of the situation is that we could see Pacquiao miss out on the Mayweather fight in the same way he did back in 2010 when he failed to agree to the random blood testing for the fight.
    Arum quickly matched Pacquiao against one of his then Top Rank stable fighters Joshua Clottey for a fight that brought in less than impressive pay-per-view numbers. It’s unclear if Arum assumed that he would be able to reestablish negotiations with Mayweather at a later date to put together a fight between him and Pacquiao.
    If that was Arum’s belief then he clearly made a miscalculation, as the Mayweather fight has remained elusive. If Arum chooses to let the smaller fight between Canelo and Miguel Cotto take place on May 2nd instead of the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight then this could be the kiss of death for that fight.
    The only reason I could see Arum choosing to defer to the Cotto-Canelo fight is him believing that he can come back to the Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations and put that fight together for later in 2015, but that not be the case.
    Arum doesn’t call the shots, and he’s not in the position to where he can dictate when the fight will take place. If Mayweather is offering a fight against the 36-year-old Filipino fighter, then Arum could be making a blow it move if he chooses to go with the smaller fight [Cotto-Canelo] on the May 2nd date. Let’s hope Arum doesn’t live to regret it.
    Another brainwashed or on the pbf payroll writer trying to put the blame on pacmans corner
    its Arums fault if the fight doesnt happen yeah right fact is pbf "will not" fight the pacman period
    doesnt matter whos involved.Face the facts Chris Williams your boy is a coward thats the bottom line.
    Cant believe there are still some that cant see through pbf and his bs.

Rokko thats funny as heck you summed it all up!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Roy Jones Jr. rips Floyd Mayweather; claims a Pacquiao fight ‘doesn’t mean anything’
    December 20, 2014 Boxing

By Chris Robinson

I’ve always found it interesting to hear what boxing greats think of one another.

Boxing is a sport full of brazen individuals and strong personalities, so respect is something that isn’t always dished out.

Whenever I had spoke with the legendary Roy Jones Jr. about fellow champion Floyd Mayweather, he had always seemed to give the Grand Rapids native his just due.

In January of this year, Jones had this to say of Mayweather when asked his thoughts of the five-division titlist.

“In boxing today he’s the best. He’s the best marketing-wise. He’s the best skill-wise right now. He’s just the best out there right now. Aint none of these guys equipped with enough tools to really give him problems, except Pacquiao. He’s pound for pound number one by far and he’s doing his thing.”

Less than a year later and Jones’ tune has obviously changed. During a recent sit-down, Jones was overall critical of Mayweather’s recent performances vs. Marcos Maidana, as well as issuing his belief that a fight with Manny Pacquiao is of far less importance these days.

Check below for Jones remarks.

“Like I said, he’s so boring, that if he beats Pacquiao, he’s irrelevant then. If he beats Manny Pacquiao, who else do we want to see Floyd Mayweather fight? Or dance with, I should say? He danced with Maidana for 24 rounds. The most exciting thing that happened was that Maidana bit him and he didn’t even draw blood. At least Tyson bit some of Holyfield’s ear off. And he’s crying to the referee ‘He bit me, he bit me.’ That’s the highlight of 24 rounds of boxing, from pound for pound, supposedly, the best fighter in the world. What the hell are we doing now? And it’s going to be an asterisk, because even if he takes him out now, Pacquiao is so past his prime. So it doesn’t mean anything. So it’s going to stay an asterisk on his career because he did that to himself. To his defense, had he beat Pacquiao earlier, he could have retired earlier, because he’s so boring, that we wouldn’t stay awake to watch him fight nobody else.”

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rokko For This Useful Post: