Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Has C-Band (BUD) Satellite been hacked?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 307x in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
    well much of the junk on the market now can not even power an LNB, good luck with an actuator or are they going back to cranking the BUDs by hand? They are also going to have to find some real coders with the ability of reverse engineering things. Their current staff is not that smart because the majority of them never did figure out how to solve EPG or PVR issues. Their solution, rebrand the junk they currently have and sell it as a different version or another brand and do another cash grab while customers hope for the best and future support with a new model.

possibly the coding issues are not the fault of the coders but the limitation of RAM available. If that is the case then any current FTA boxes running a different hack is going to have some type of issues as well for the same reasons. Who knows or really cares? I know I don't care at all, but it is quite amusing sitting on the outside watching the spin doctors do their thing. At this time the whole thing is a moot point anyway as there is no real proof of a hack of any type and incredibly there are people running from site to site trying to sell C band dishes and already talking about FTA box conversions. Hmmmmm
    I agree with you, it's highly unlikely, that anything will ever come of it ... at least not something that will appeal to the masses ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kutter For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 55x in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
    well much of the junk on the market now can not even power an LNB, good luck with an actuator or are they going back to cranking the BUDs by hand?
    I agree with you completely. DO NOT buy junk made in China. Find an American company and do business with them. Remember, cband market is now a niche market dedicated to supporting cable headends. The stuff they sell is very high quality, but costs more. Companies like Chaparral Communications! If you need a reliable LNB or actuator controller, check out Titanium Satellites.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 12 Posts

Dreambox receivers with special tuner are confirmed working on cband satellite. Pictures have been posted in another section of the receiver hack.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siegfried View Post
    Dreambox receivers with special tuner are confirmed working on cband satellite. Pictures have been posted in another section of the receiver hack.
    lol.......satdude .
    If you wanted to invest in something you would buy into netflix. It is expected to double in value in the next year. You can watch tv and the return is much better than throwing 1500 plus at a bud, cement, pole, actuator, cabling and another receiver in hopes that power vu is cracked and end up with an expensive roof for a gazebo. Good luck and hope you find your way back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 12 Posts

I got netflix but want live tv too. Also, got a cap on my internet and it is already bad enough with neflix and would get even worse if I added another iptv service.

Lots of used buds being given away in my area so I won't be spending much on that.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    roof for a gazebo.
    I believe I said patio umbrella.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456