Thread: Diknet boys visiting people that are selling android xbmc boxes on ebay

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19x in 13 Posts

Default Diknet boys visiting people that are selling android xbmc boxes on ebay

Got a phone call from someone that I know for sometime. Seems he had two visitors from the provider that wanted him to take down his ebay website and stop selling on ebay. My first question was whether he ever sold an fta box on ebay which he answered no. In fact, for the last two years he's been selling xbmc boxes loaded on ebay. I then asked him to read some of the paperwork and it said specifically IP streaming devices. I then asked him how the hell are they going after XBMC he replied they said that mashup was stream some of their content in the live streams area of their app. After hearing this two days later Mash up officially released the statement that they where done.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to redemption For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,605x in 1,737 Posts
    Items Soccer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from BluegrassYacht
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrassthe travel gnome
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from BluegrassFootball
Gift received at 10-22-2019, 12:15 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 10-22-2019, 12:15 AM from Bluegrass

how did those dick guys know where he lived? unless they bought something from him on e-bay they should not have had his address, unless e-bay provided them with it. and what wrong with selling xbmc? its for the internet, darn

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 13 Posts

only way that could be is he was also the coder for mash..
    cuz some of those add-ons do stream USA content...xbmc (kodi) is an App like any other and is NOT illegal to load on any streaming device, its the add-on that makes it tricky but even mashup has a patch now...so, there will "always" be a way, i would of told those dudes to hit the road (in not so many kind words) and then re work a newer acct with ebay and start again ESP if he was only a seller of a device and NOT a coder...

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNF View Post
    only way that could be is he was also the coder for mash..
    cuz some of those add-ons do stream USA content...xbmc (kodi) is an App like any other and is NOT illegal to load on any streaming device, its the add-on that makes it tricky but even mashup has a patch now...so, there will "always" be a way, i would of told those dudes to hit the road (in not so many kind words) and then re work a newer acct with ebay and start again ESP if he was only a seller of a device and NOT a coder...
    also would tell ebay to do one...and STOP going to bed with diknet..who owns who?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,196x in 2,659 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:32 AM from swanner
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal
Gift received at 06-27-2013, 10:55 PM from Anubis
Message: If you're having some ryes I figure I'd contribute.Trophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM from ICEMAN

simple solution is don't be a goof and sell stuff pre-loaded. I would think that after 10 years that message would have sunk in LOL

Spoon Feeders FEED Bottom Feeders

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nostradamus For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,710x in 3,255 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

This is stupid, Dish personnel can't tell anyone to not sell something or stop selling on flebay, (unless it's their equipment) only flebay can do that, or the county sheriff armed with a court order.

If it can be bought in a store by anyone without restrictions it can be posted (if it's within flebays selling guide lines for items that can be sold) on flebay.

CATV descramblers and other devices that can circumnavigate the encoded signal from a CATV company can't be listed or satellite TV receivers (pre-loaded with non-factory software, or FTA receivers listed for use with Dish or BEV) can't be listed.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19x in 13 Posts

The paper work they had was an injunction for him to stop selling IP boxes on ebay that featured their content. Yes, mashup did have live streams of hbo, A&E, etc. He complied and now mashup has quit all of a sudden. I am simply saying is it a coincidence or is it possible the same applied to the coder of mashup?.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redemption View Post
    The paper work they had was an injunction for him to stop selling IP boxes on ebay that featured their content. Yes, mashup did have live streams of hbo, A&E, etc. He complied and now mashup has quit all of a sudden. I am simply saying is it a coincidence or is it possible the same applied to the coder of mashup?.
    IPTV (android) boxes, streaming devices, etc are sold everywhere pre-loaded with apps. inc xbmc and the like...heck, xbmc (kodi) is even avail on most iphones, google phones and found in google store app (i believe)...

you need to me a bit more clear on the hardware he was selling cuz for dikheads to show up with docs preventing selling? must have been pre-lodaed with mashup add-on and configured with repositories and such (and maybe seller wasn't aware)...there are devices being sold out there pre-configured and THERE in lies the issue (legal boundaries) but man alive...NOT all streams are shared through dickheads there are many other cable/sat companies from which streams are fed...having said that, mashup usually has/had LIVE feeds but then so do other add-ons...most streams are NOT live on many other add-ons..

on the other point, yes, mashup coder was forced to get out but like i says, the patch was out few days later..he left a goodbye message..but we all know coders stick around through many other means, this is their livelihood

just tell him to remove all repositories and sell them legaly (with whatever addons installed) and let the buyer do his/her own research to load the rest and should have NO issues at all, imho

edit;
    also, i know coder left a message that he would NOT be responsible for devices sold with already mashup configured (words to that effect)...NOT all devices are loaded with same add-ons ...what most peeps dont know is, whats avail on mash-up streams can also be found on other add-ons...buy beware... there are many - in this new streaming world - who will now buy devices and pre-configure them with the likes of mash-up (since its the most popular add-on known to the public) and take advantage, if you will...much the same as how p$ became
    Last edited by TNF; 11-25-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19x in 13 Posts

The point I was trying to make is that it seems that they are (the provider) is now targeting those streaming video through android xbmc boxes and yes mashup. Now mashup posted a post saying he owns the code and it's his decision to be down with it. That's my point whether it's good or bad I'm just saying.... Most would say "hey thanks for the heads up" instead of debating what a person "should do" or "not" for that's really not something I can control.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redemption For This Useful Post: