Thread: switch problems

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts

Default switch problems

I have a setup of 110,119 and 129 with legacy dual lnbs going to a sw31 switch...this works fine with my 2 sub receivers with dish.Now I decided to fool around with fta ,so I bought a dreamlink hd t5 and it arrived yesterday...so I disconnect sat from one sub and plug it in my dreamlink..I put on the 103 bin and did a factory reset.I see all sats but no sw31 switch setting ...I can scan one at a time and watch tv but when I scan 129 and then 110 ,well 110 well either cancel out 129 or viceversa..no way possible to scan 3 sats because one cancels out the other and there is no lnb setting for sw31.Do you think my switch is not suppose to be used with fta ? also I have a second sub receiver downstairs and when I fiddle with the fta ex.on 110 and scanning or changing channels well my sub downstairs on 110 flickers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

The newer FTA receivers may not work too good with a SW31 switch, I don't think they have the correct setting under the "Legacy switch" selection.

Also how are you running two subbed recivers off a single output switch??

Are you sure it an SW31 switch and not a SW34 switch? A SW34 switch will run 4 receivers, but the #1 port on the switch needs to be connected to a subbed receiver to power it and the 3 LNB's attached.
    ♫♫♫ I知 a lumberjack and I知 OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts

I have 2 sw31 switches..one for each subbed rec ..I have legacy dual lnbs on 3 dishes..a dish for each sat..I get better reception that way...you are right no setting for sw31 switch under legacy switches...so now I don't know what to do... will my sub with a diseqc switch...if so I would order one and switch the switches...too bad there wasn't a file to add in the sw31 switch option in the settings

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

OK, then for a multiple receiver setup using legacy dual LNB's *** I would suggest using an externally powered 4x4 switch, if your LNB's are the DP type then a DP44 switch and power inserter from Dish Network would be needed.

*** Are they the real old legacy type or the newer DP type, can you post a photo of the LNB's for us to look over.

If you go with the DP44 switch setup then the subbed receivers need to be on the #1 and #2 receiver ports of the switch, the DC power inserter needs to be of the #1 receiver port with the subbed receiver inline with it.

One coax from the LNB for 119 will connect to the #1 input port on the DP44 switch, one coax from the LNB for 110 will connect to the #2 input port on the DP44 switch and one coax from the LNB for 129 will connect to the #3 input port on the DP44 switch.

Once you have this setup you need to do a switch check on the subbed receivers for them to find the DP44 switch.

Diseqc switching in the satellite setup menus for the FTA receivers (on switch output ports 3 and 4) is as follows.

Diseqc port # 1 =119.
    Diseqc port # 2 =110.
    Diseqc port # 3 =129.

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts

Thanks for the info...they are old lnbs...I would say between 1996 and 2007 they were bought

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

A photo of the back and front of then would be nice.

"Can you HIDE it"?