Thread: Sonicview premier

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Sonicview premier

Hello everyone.. I used to use my Sonicview Premier receiver a year ago and decided to by a new donation code to use again . Since then I changed my tv to a Samsung HD tv and now my sonicview premier does work. Is there something I can do to make it work? Or do I have to buy the Sonicview 8000HD receiver?
    If I do will my i hub work? Please let me know what need to do and where to find it. Thanks😃

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Should work just fine with your tv...just all channels will be sd...if you want to view hd you will another receiver...the iHub, newlink, svlan and wiz110sr works with either of the sv360's or sv8000...just have to be converted depending on you version of iHub.

Also moved you to the premier section.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 10-16-2014 at 06:15 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to change the coax going from the receiver to the tv. It acts as if it is not connected at all. I guess I still use channel 3 or 4 on the tv? A little confused with the way it's acting. Anything else you might know for me to try would be welcome. Everything snowy and can't see the menu screen on the receiver at all.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

If you are hooking the receiver to your tv via coax you will never get a picture...the lower RG6 connection on the 360P is loop out for the dish. You will have to use either the s-video which most new hd tv's no longer have a connection for...the composite or component cables...I've used them all over the years...not real sure one is any better than the other picture wise...check the link below...they have HDMI to composite that may work pretty good...never tried it myself...probably could find one local if you wanted to try one.

Code:
    http://www.dx.com/p/hdmi-to-vga-composite-3-rca-audio-video-cable-black-blue-green-red-185640?tc=USD&gclid=CNzJj6WvtcECFbNj7AodzWgAlQ#.VEHvDlzm4R9

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pansat007 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to change the coax going from the receiver to the tv. It acts as if it is not connected at all. I guess I still use channel 3 or 4 on the tv? A little confused with the way it's acting. Anything else you might know for me to try would be welcome. Everything snowy and can't see the menu screen on the receiver at all.
    Coax will not work. Best way to connect your SV360 to the TV would be using component cable. Component cable has 3 RCA connections at each end. Color coded RED BLUE and GREEN. Just follow the color marked on the plugs to match the connections colored on the SV360 and on the TV. This will get you picture.
    You will also need an Audio cable. Cable with two ends and these are usually colored RED and WHITE.