Thread: Need one works on north and south perfectyly.Is T5 the one?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 12 Posts

Default Need one works on north and south perfectyly.Is T5 the one?

Looking for upgrade from nFusion HD & Sonicview 8000HD.

EPG & PVR must be perfect,is T5 the best one on market now?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Give the t5 a try and let us know. good luck

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 301x in 187 Posts
    Items TVthe travel gnomeDishCrown RoyalHockey

Quote Originally Posted by rockisdead View Post

not sure about how well the pvr works but the epg populates but looks awful on the t5 imo, for what the dreamlink costs there are other receivers that work just as well if not better and have better looking guides and working epg's for both north and south that cost much much less, pvr on most fta receivers work so so but most are able to record and playback at least, start digging through old threads as the questions you asked have been asked a number of times, try using the forums search option

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bobby For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 81x in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockisdead View Post

EPG and Recording both work well for the T5. Guide could be better in appearance, but it works fine.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    Perfect?Really?None are close to perfect,all have annoyances.Closest to perfect are DN & BEV ird's.
    Sonicview 8000HD has best PVR and EPG(for about 2days,good enough for me) IMO,the only thing bad is it does't play HD channels good for 82,and cannot work on both side at the same time.

nFusion HD PVR function a little bit choppy in the beginning of .TS file,EPG only works for 2 hours for north side.and server not connect by itself after losing connection on the south.

Looks like no one is perfect at the moment.What a shame,none of those teams can release perfect firmware for a box?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    not sure about how well the pvr works but the epg populates but looks awful on the t5 imo, for what the dreamlink costs there are other receivers that work just as well if not better and have better looking guides and working epg's for both north and south that cost much much less, pvr on most fta receivers work so so but most are able to record and playback at least, start digging through old threads as the questions you asked have been asked a number of times, try using the forums search option
    Which receivers are better?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    IMO, you had as close to perfect (for south at least) as you can get with the SV8000.I can't speak for Expresspuke, because I haven't watched it in 15 years.
    I would say sv8khd is perfect for south.tuner is a little bit weak to get good signal but still ok.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 301x in 187 Posts
    Items TVthe travel gnomeDishCrown RoyalHockey

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    Which receivers are better?
    that really depends on the user, it's relative to what you expect out of your receiver, for me pic quality is most important followed by a working epg and and a decent looking guide, other features are a bonus as these receivers were designed for fta after all, someone else may want or expect other things, when looking at the dreamlink t5 and seeing it costs more than double compared to some HD receivers and what you get the trade off is not in the buyers favor imo, pic is ok, guide looks terrible and really nothing else as far as features, no wifi, no media player just a basic HD receiver, to give an example I picked up a jynx v6 for $100 and it works great, guide looks good and works well both north and south, wifi included, built in fan, media player and the pic is great, what makes the t5 better??? costs double and has no added features, the t5 is a basic HD receiver, everyone has an opinion and the t5 is not worth the cost but again that's just my opinion, cheers...