Thread: Dish 1000.2 Western Arc

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 75x in 44 Posts

Default Dish 1000.2 Western Arc

Is it possible to get the western arc from Northeast Ohio using 1000.2 sat?

Thx.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Don't see any why not. Left you a link to put in your address or co-ordinates. A lot of good reading for you in the hardware section. If you get stuck just ask. good luck

hxxp://satbeams.com/footprints?norad=33453

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 75x in 44 Posts

Well , I was able to get dish mounted but Im only able to get 119 & 110 can't bring in 129 ? Does anybody have any suggestions or good sat installers in Northeast Ohio ?

Thx.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Check the link below...type in your location, select Multi-LNB Setups and then your dish. Once you get your elevation and skew set then it is just a question of moving the dish east or west...once you get the 110 locked in with the highest q and s if you have the dish elevated and skewed correctly the other sats will have to be there. Keep in mind if your mast pole isn't level and plum as much as possible the elevation and or skew will not be as listed in dishpointer and may need to be tweaked.

Code:
    http://www.dishpointer.com
    Learned back in 97...long before I had internet and a long time before I knew or found out about fta. Mast pole needs to be as level and plum as possible...right to left needs to be done when mounting and front to back can be leveled with the lower bolts on the mast pole...I use a small torpedo or line level to get mine plum and level. I'm sure some think you can eye ball and get it level but that is where the mess up...those marks and bolts are there for a reason. I remember calling dtv back in 97 when I was thinking about getting my first dish and I had some questions and that was one of the things they told me on the phone...when setting up the dish make sure the mast pole is level and plum or getting a good strong signal on all the transponders will be a bear.

Something else some may not realize when tightening the bolts on the bottom of the mast pole...have to be careful and not tighten the bolts to the point they start to clasp the mast pole because that will throw the level off and cause headaches when getting a good strong signal as well.

Come to think about it I still have that dtv receiver and dish with a hughes lnb after all these years...still worked the last time I hooked it up lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 09-21-2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: added info

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 75x in 44 Posts

Thanks for the info I bet that's my problem I never checked the level of the pole only eyeballed it .

I'll adjust after the football game .