Thread: PBF finally admits handpicking opponents....

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

Default PBF finally admits handpicking opponents....

Something we already knew...It just came out right out of the horse's...... I mean chicken's mouth...

HTML Code:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mayweather-says-isnt-evading-pacquiao-005850977--box.html;_ylt=AwrSyCNxQRZUf38Ap8lNbK5_

Las Vegas (AFP) - Boxer Floyd Mayweather, fresh off his lopsided victory over Marcos Maidana, denied he is trying to safeguard his undefeated record by avoiding Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao.Mayweather has admitted he handpicked opponents in the past but says there is nothing unscrupulous about not fighting Pacquiao, one of the few fighters who can match the American's hand speed.

"I am not ducking or dodging no opponent," said Mayweather, who turns 38 in February. "If a Pacquiao fight presents itself then let's make it happen."

Mayweather said Saturday after beating Maidana for the second time in four months that he is open to a fight against Pacquiao, but it would have to be on Mayweather's terms.

On Sunday, Stephen Espinoza, vice president of sports cable channel Showtime, told the Los Angeles Times that Pacquiao is "absolutely" his first choice as Mayweather's next opponent. Mayweather is in the middle of a six-fight deal with Showtime.

In the past, Mayweather (47-0) has always tried to sidestep questions about facing Pacquiao, who is getting set to fight in Macau in November against Chris Algieri.

"Pacquiao needs to focus on the guy in front of him. Then we'll see what the future holds," Mayweather said.

Pacquiao and Mayweather have held talks about staging a mega-fight before but they always broke down before a deal could be signed.

It is unlikely Pacquiao would agree to the terms that Maidana did for his rematch, allowing Mayweather to handpick his referee, Kenny Bayless, and change two of the three judges from the first fight.

Mayweather says Pacquiao is too worried about fighting him and forgets to train for his regular fights.

"In the past, if you look at Pacquiao when he fought (Juan Manuel) Marquez, he was too focused on Floyd Mayweather instead of the guy in front of him and you saw what happened," he said, recalling Pacquiao's knockout defeat.

"I never think about Pacquiao. That's not my focus. I could care less what Pacquiao does. If it happens, it happens.

"I want to enjoy my time off. We don't know who we going to be fighting. We are not in a rush. We are the A side and we are going to take our time."

Another possible opponent is British boxer Amir Khan, who sat ringside at Saturday's fight.

"Of course, Amir Kahn would be a potential opponent," said Leonard Ellerbe, chief executive of Mayweather Promotions. "Amir Khan is a very good fighter, just like a lot of other potential opponents."

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

..Of course he "slept on it" and had nightmares about it... Then chickens out as usual....

Floyd Mayweather opens door to Manny Pacquiao fight on Saturday, ignores question about it Sunday

HTML Code:
    Floyd Mayweather opens door to Manny Pacquiao fight on Saturday, ignores question about it Sunday
    That was fast.

Undefeated boxing sensation Floyd Mayweather Jr. promised combat sports fans "a big surprise" in 2015, to follow his unanimous decision win over Marcos Maidana last Sat. night (Sept. 13, 2014) inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The first thought was a potential "super fight" against Filipino phenom Manny Pacquiao, and Mayweather added fuel to those fires just minutes after his victory over Maidana. "I got to go back and talk to my team, I'm not ducking or dodging no opponent," Mayweather said post fight. "If a Pacquiao fight presents itself, let's make it happen."

Or let's not and say we did.

Just hours after he offered to play ghost for "Pac Man," reporters followed up with "Money" on Sunday morning and when asked about his Pacquiao comments, and whether it was a possible fight for May 2015, Mayweather simply ignored the question altogether.

Reporter: "Floyd, so are you now trying to fight Pacquiao?"

Mayweather: "We had a tremendous show tonight. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we did good numbers. I want to thank everybody that tuned in and bought on pay-per-view, and everybody who covered this fight. Without you guys, Floyd Mayweather wouldn't be where he is today, so I'm very, very grateful."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

Envidia, tengo envidia de tu plata de tus coches y tu casa y es que yo te envidio tanto que mi envidia es tan solo amor........ heheheheh!!!

When you wish upon a star........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Last edited by Fibroso; 09-15-2014 at 01:44 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Fibroso View Post
    Envidia, tengo envidia de tu plata de tus coches y tu casa y es que yo te envidio tanto que mi envidia es tan solo amor........ heheheheh!!!

When you wish upon a star........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    I love my house... Esa es tu respuesta???.. Lol........

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

How about your car!!!!!!!

Last edited by Fibroso; 09-18-2014 at 11:55 AM.