Thread: Pinwheel picture quality

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 62x in 49 Posts

Default Pinwheel picture quality

Can somebody compare picture quality of Pinwheel with Jynxbox and Dreamlink HD. Need comparison for both SD and HD channel. Also how does the EPG compare between these boxes for both south and north.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Picture is the same. e p g is good for both exempt pinwheel north.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    Can somebody compare picture quality of Pinwheel with Jynxbox and Dreamlink HD. Need comparison for both SD and HD channel. Also how does the EPG compare between these boxes for both south and north.
    Pinwheel picture is the best I have ever seen on both HD and SD
    this is the main reason i'm keeping this box
    I have tested Dreamlink HD T5 and LInkbox 8000HD+ and Dreambox 500s ,and cuberevo mini
    I have returned the Dreamlink and the linkbox because of their poor picture quality
    you can never tell that they are bad unless you see something superior like the pinwheel
    i can arrange them from good to bad
    pinwheel and cuberevo got the brightest and richest colors and best contrast of all
    in the 2nd place comes dreamlink but its picture is very soft (not sharp) and the contrast is very low ,and the colors are very light
    in the 3rd place comes linkbox but its picture is very dull and dark and if you try to increase the box brightness from the settings ,the picture becomes very soft with light colors and no contrast
    i have never tested any jynxbox but since it runs the same ALI processor as the linkbox therefor it should have the same picture quality
    pinwheel and cuberevo have the same suberb picture quality since they carry the STI processors ,also sonicview carries the same processor brand
    believe me after you watch the STI processor picture quality on any box that carries it you will not bare to see any other box picture
    i remember i have seen a presentation of ST company showing that the latest Dish and DirecTV and brighthouse boxes carry STI processors

regards

5. The Following User Says Thank You to elsalek For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 84x in 46 Posts

Pinwheel are a crappy box, north don't work and EPG is garbage, picture quality is about the same as dreamlink T5 also depends on your TV. Nobody knows where the support comes from but it certainly not the pinwheel guys. I wouldn't trust this box or JB box JMO.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 62x in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ftaforever View Post
    Pinwheel are a crappy box, north don't work and EPG is garbage, picture quality is about the same as dreamlink T5 also depends on your TV. Nobody knows where the support comes from but it certainly not the pinwheel guys. I wouldn't trust this box or JB box JMO.
    So you can not get north on this box? Is this true or just the EPG not good on north?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 84x in 46 Posts

So you can not get north on this box? Is this true or just the EPG not good on north?
    This box has trouble getting north but the EPG is bad period. If your looking to get north as well, go with the Dreamlink T5. It works great on North and EPG is pretty good, records good and picture is really good. Its pretty easy to set up.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 356x in 237 Posts
    Items Dish
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from BluegrassQuad
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from Bluegrassboat
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from BluegrassYacht
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 02-15-2020, 01:00 AM from Bluegrass

North works fine on Pinwheel. The North Epg is virtually non existant but there is no problem getting North to work and also the switching from north to south is seamless. Not sure why the other poster says North doesn't work but I can confirm it does. I would suggest the Mega 3000 (Bev & Dish epg work) should also be considered as I am enjoying mine.
    Last edited by riverman; 07-29-2014 at 01:13 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to riverman For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 5 Posts

I tested Pinwheel HD+IPTV for about 6 months. The picture quality of SD channels is really nice however the quality of HD channels is not as good as if I compare it with Jynkbox or Mega tvi. That's probably coz there's an option in the setting to choose '1080p' however its kept on switching back to '1080i'. This makes me believe is that this receiver is only good for displaying 1080i the max. EPG will take more time to load as compare to other receivers. But once its full, you will show44 hours programming guide.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xtrawest For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 62x in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riverman View Post
    North works fine on Pinwheel. The North Epg is virtually non existant but there is no problem getting North to work and also the switching from north to south is seamless. Not sure why the other poster says North doesn't work but I can confirm it does. I would suggest the Mega 3000 (Bev & Dish epg work) should also be considered as I am enjoying mine.
    How is the picture quality on Mega for SD and HD channels compared to Jynxbox or Pinwheel.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 81x in 45 Posts

If you want north.. stay away from the PW. No EPG worth mentioning. Just totally annoying!

On my TV, I always felt the JB had a slightly crisper picture than the PW or Dreamlink, but I wouldn't complain too much about either, as they were all decent quality picture in HD. Not thrilled with any of then in SD. Also.. note that I always adjust the receiver and Tv for best picture quality. I don't run them "as is" out of the box. However each has their own issues. JB doesn't like SW series switches. DL doesn't like the SW or 21Khz... had to use a 8x1 instead to pull in 5 sats. Both work fine once set up correctly.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastcompany For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 54 Posts

As picture quality:
    1 nfusion hd
    2 jynx
    3 pinwheel
    dreamlink hd.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ro_54 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 209x in 123 Posts

Is dreamlink a better receiver than pinwheel ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

eramnauth. If you want north(bev) then as pinwheel mentioned when they first hit the market that there is no guide for bev. Pinwheel has a great picture as good as any other box on the market. Dreamlink is easy to setup and the guide does work for north. Picture again is the same as pinwheel, jynxbox and those old fusion. You will be quite satisfied with the box. good luck

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 209x in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    eramnauth. If you want north(bev) then as pinwheel mentioned when they first hit the market that there is no guide for bev. Pinwheel has a great picture as good as any other box on the market. Dreamlink is easy to setup and the guide does work for north. Picture again is the same as pinwheel, jynxbox and those old fusion. You will be quite satisfied with the box. good luck
    Thank you . Is there any option in the setting of Dream link HD to change the picture quality

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

No there isn't other than changing the setting for HD and since the best the provider can upload is 720p then that is where is should be set.