Conor McGregor is getting right back to work.

The UFC has booked McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier at UFC 178 on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas. The promotion officially announced the news on Tuesday.

McGregor (15-2) defeated Diego Brandao via first-round TKO on Saturday in Dublin. The win marked the Irishman's 11th in a row. McGregor has been calling out Poirier, among many others in the featherweight division, for several months -- famously calling him "PeaHead" -- and after the win this weekend Poirier said he isn't impressed with McGregor's body of work.

"Right off the bat I’ve been fired up about this guy," Poirier said on Monday's The MMA Hour. "I’ve been in this division since the WEC merged. I’ve paid my dues, and I’ve stayed quiet and busted my ass, day in, day out, won the fights I needed to win, and I’ve had some tough fights. I feel I need to be up there. I need to be up there where people are talking about me. [McGregor’s] name and the featherweight title should never come out of anybody’s mouth. I can’t believe the hype he’s getting."

Poirier (16-3) has won his last three fights in a row. He most recently defeated Akira Corassani via second-round TKO in April.

The promotion has yet to officially announce where UFC 178, headlined by Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson 2 for the UFC light heavyweight title, will take place in Las Vegas. Other fights scheduled for the card include Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki, Tim Kennedy vs. Yoel Romero, Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes, Patrick Cote vs. Stephen Thompson, and more.