Thread: No Network setting when i go to menu.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Default No Network setting when i go to menu.

I have SV8000 hd and using private server.It was working for last two years.but from yesterday there is some problem. There is no network setting coming when I go to menu.There is no Ihub internet light green and yellow.I checked Ihub to put in my old SV360P. it is working. I checked all connection. But I couldn't fix it. Plz help me how to fix it.
    Thanks
    Sorry guys I put it again bcoz no one given me reply.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by palmist_1 View Post
    I have SV8000 hd and using private server.It was working for last two years.but from yesterday there is some problem. There is no network setting coming when I go to menu.There is no Ihub internet light green and yellow.I checked Ihub to put in my old SV360P. it is working. I checked all connection. But I couldn't fix it. Plz help me how to fix it.
    Thanks
    Sorry guys I put it again bcoz no one given me reply.
    If you have no lights then the problem is the Ihub is not getting power from the Sonicview. Power is supplied by the Sonicview from pin #4 on the serial port. First thing is to check that you did insert the Ihub fully. If you are handy with a multi tester check for 5V at pin #4 of the RS232 port of the receiver. If no power at pin #4 then it is the internal fuse located on the motherboard.

Just behind the Serial port on the main board look for small component " B19" That is your culprit right there. Use a continuity tester across B19 and you will find it is open. You could also test for +5V on each side of B19. If you get 5V on one side and not the other then B19 is open.
    Surface mount components require advanced skills to replace. Just get around a 200ma fuse that has legs like a resistor and solder at the pads where B19 is located. Easier yet if you follow the B19 trace you will see a point that you could make a solder point going towards R37.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

thanks Airjam,
    I think you are right.but how come I fix it.WHat I need to buy. fuse or B19.and where is Pin#4 located?Do you have any pictures about it.
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

thanks Airjam,
    I think you are right.but how come I fix it.WHat I need to buy. fuse or B19.and where is Pin#4 located?Do you have any pictures about it.
    Thanks
    B19 is a surface mounted fuse but very difficult to remove and solder a replacement if you do not have the experience. If handy with soldering otherwise you can get a 200ma fuse with legs and solder as per the diagram attached. You do not need to remove the old B19. and you can solder at the points I indicated. Just make sure you scrape and expose the copper trace at the two locations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to airjam For This Useful Post:

runamok is offline Visiting Dignitary/NFL WEEK 16 & 18 CHAMP
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,478x in 4,178 Posts
    Items beerWhiskeyA BeerSprint carFootballYing & yangTreeDoll

You checked same hub on another receiver and it works?If not before doing anything connect hub straight to computer and launch wiznet program and click search only and see if wiznet populates ip's.Check the version in version box see if its bricked.If it is bricked this will cause what your hub is doing now.
    Last edited by runamok; 07-20-2014 at 01:17 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to runamok For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runamok View Post
    You checked same hub on another receiver and it works?If not before doing anything connect hub straight to computer and launch wiznet program and click search only and see if wiznet populates ip's.Check the version in version box see if its bricked.If it is bricked this will cause what your hub is doing now.
    The OP did state that he connected the Ihub to another receiver (SV360P) and it worked.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Thanks a lot Airjam.
    I checked my B19. There is one black spot beside it.I think its gone. I will go to incredibleFTA shop and ask abt that 200ma fuse with legs . If shop fix it than I will give it to shop. Atleast know I know whats problem it has.Can I take some help from my old SV360p. I mean to change some fuse or parts.
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

Thanks a lot Airjam.
    I checked my B19. There is one black spot beside it.I think its gone. I will go to incredibleFTA shop and ask abt that 200ma fuse with legs . If shop fix it than I will give it to shop. Atleast know I know whats problem it has.Can I take some help from my old SV360p. I mean to change some fuse or parts.
    Thanks
    incredibleFTA will not have that fuse as they are not really a component store. Take it a regular electronic facility that does repairs at the component level. You already know what is wrong so it should just be a few bucks to replace B19.
    I take it you are located in Western Canada.

Good luck.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

yes I am in surrey BC Canada. Where you are in Western Canada.thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

yes I am in surrey BC Canada. Where you are in Western Canada.thanks
    I am in Ontario so no chance of me helping you out.

Good luck and let us know if you get it fixed.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

ok But Can TV repair technician fix it.?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

ok But Can TV repair technician fix it.?
    Yes TV repair technician can do the repairs. Point out to they that you know where the problem is.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Hi Airjam,
    Can you tell me where I go to find 200ma Fuse.Can you send me more clear picture to put in motherboard

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

Hi Airjam,
    Can you tell me where I go to find 200ma Fuse.Can you send me more clear picture to put in motherboard
    Just strip a piece of small multiple strand cable such as a telephone cable that runs from a land line to handset. Extract one strand of wire about 1 1/2 inches long. Solder the ends at the points I show in the diagram. Make sure the wire does not touch anything else or you can insulate it by running through a small piece of tubing that you have left from stripping the cable. If you click on the pictures you should have a better view.