Thread: are you connected to internet via wi-fi

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 438x in 149 Posts

Default are you connected to internet via wi-fi

Is there any member using the mega connected to the internet via wi=fi? If so==can you please tell me how you do it and what you do to get the mega to see the usb wireless adapter?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts
    Items TVToasterCoffee makerMonitorWireless AccessDish

Yes I am using wifi and I mentioned in the other thread how I set it up. Unplug the receiver, plug in the dongle, plug in the STB. Go to Utilities menu - internet settings change the interface from ethernet to wifi. If your dongle is working you will see connected at the bottom of the list.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Yes I am using wifi and I mentioned in the other thread how I set it up. Unplug the receiver, plug in the dongle, plug in the STB. Go to Utilities menu - internet settings change the interface from ethernet to wifi. If your dongle is working you will see connected at the bottom of the list.

what kind of dongle are you using?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 6 Posts

I have two of these boxes on the same type of wifi dongle..Chipset Ralink:RT5370..however one of the dongels is finicky with the back on either stb boxes usb port....what i did to make it work was plug a USB combo hub into the back and plug the wifi dongle into it..and it recognized..you could also try your front usb port..
    Last edited by northernshore; 07-19-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts

I have 2 generic 802.11N dongles , ralink 5370 chipset both don't work. I have 2 Jynxbox adapters, ralink 5370 chipset and both work.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I have 2 generic 802.11N dongles , ralink 5370 chipset both don't work. I have 2 Jynxbox adapters, ralink 5370 chipset and both work.
    sounds like it could either be a box issue, a software issue, or a combination of the two.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts

I think it is a dongle issue as the same thing happen on my JB ultra V1 and JB Lite.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,700x in 619 Posts
    Items ATVA BeerSome beerCamaro
Gift received at 08-28-2013, 07:04 PM from darlinkat

It would be type of interface and mods ..and the usb port..so yes its the box ...just try the dongles in a laptop if you have one . Make sure they work. When you plug them into box and power it up..the led should flicker..if not than the box is not recognizing them.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Just got mine today and it seems to be working great so far...went into Internet settings...

interface = wifi
    access point = selected my dsl modem from the list and then entered password
    dhcp = enable

Took a minute or two to connect and then it took off...so far so good...ralink rt5370.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 07-21-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added info

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    Just got mine today and it seems to be working great so far...went into Internet settings...

interface = wifi
    access point = selected my dsl modem from the list and then entered password
    dhcp = enable

Took a minute or two to connect and then it took off...so far so good...ralink rt5370.

I got a new dongle today too. Its identical to yours and thanks for the pic. I followed your directions and this is what occurs:

I get a connecting message with this new usb, however, when I go to access point, the list is blank, my router isn't listed. I am really confused now.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts

It might just be the placement of the receiver. I have a few spots in my house that just doesn't get the wifi signal. Try moving the receiver to a different location and see if you can detect the network there.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

It might just be the placement of the receiver. I have a few spots in my house that just doesn't get the wifi signal. Try moving the receiver to a different location and see if you can detect the network there.

Make sense--I'll try that tomorrow. I would also like to use this post to thank everybody that offered their input and for trying to help me.