Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PINWHEEL announcement JUNE 23, 2014 - We're still alive!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,196x in 2,659 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:32 AM from swanner
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal
Gift received at 06-27-2013, 10:55 PM from Anubis
Message: If you're having some ryes I figure I'd contribute.Trophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by genmax View Post
    For a team that was releasing bins every week or so, its surely sad to see they have not been able to control the clones.
    you know if people stopped supporting clones and some importer got stuck with 10000 of them in a warehouse he couldn't give away that would be the end of the clone market and then maybe you would see some quality boxes with better support

Spoon Feeders FEED Bottom Feeders

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nostradamus For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 111x in 65 Posts
    Items Immunity to Theft

Well i dont buy that fact that they "cloned" anything.
    Someone leaked the azlink team the source code and then they reverse engineered the PCB.
    So Pinwheel has no one else to blame but themselves for this, as they were probably careless with the security of their source code. The fact that the azlink has the same filestructe and modded headers for its uboot and upgrading software it is evident that the source code itself was stolen or sold. Because it is next to impossible to decompile packed linux executables even if you know assembly really well or even if you had the debug traces from the original compiler.
    If it were so easy to decompile and make clones i am sure Azlink would have clones of every FTA device out there. So this points to the fact that the actual source code was stolen or sold.

Pinwheel really did start off with lies from day one, they promised they would release an SDK to support custom plugins and firmware mods. They never did give the sdk out, also they never did fully fix the DP switching issues.

They need to start supporting enigma 2 and unlock the filesystem on this device, the STlinux gated build is really a bummer. The hardware in the device itself is great but the system itself is not using the full potential of the hardware.

With the source code Azlink has the power to basically counter ANY security measure pinwheel will put into place, UNLESS pinwheel will build the whole OS from scratch which i dont think will happen since they stole the originally firmware design from Mvision anyways. With the true power of linux it is not impossible to clone macids, serials, ghost cpuinfo, or even memserials. So i dont know how pinwheel plans on "securing" its next release if there is even any. I think the post was made to clear out pinwheel inventory. No one wants a box that will see no support.

Pinwheel is "dead" it is not a wise decision to invest anything in this box, unless the team is willing to release updated software that fixed bugs or allow a dreambox openpli style setup where developers can build on it. At that point they can fire all those useless coders and profit on the hardware sales.

---
    Forgot to add that sometimes people dont know if its a clone they are buying. Also another thing there are many FTA boxes out there that were not cloned but have lost support, and they are not even courteous enough to release any sourcecode so that third party developers can fix issues such as common EPG releated issues on almost every bin out there.
    Last edited by genmax; 08-10-2014 at 05:18 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to genmax For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 103x in 61 Posts

well said genmax
    and I really wish I could change this box to a different brand
    Last edited by mark64; 08-10-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

still waiting for new file where is the still alive come on we need a better file for epg and few things

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

i have a azlink hd s1 i just check to see if it was clone it is not i can not install any file but there. on this box it will not load them i try penwheel it will not load any of them and i got say it is a good free to air box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12