Thread: Dish 500+ for three receivers

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Dish 500+ for three receivers

Guys, I have added 129 lnb to my Dish 500+ and getting 110, 119, 118.7 and 129. Right now I have two receivers hooked up to 2 port of the dish and getting all the sats. Last night I ran through a cable from the 3rd port of the dish and connect to my third receiver. I am not getting any signals and my other receivers also having signal issue. This dish has built in switch and all I need is to run cables from Sat to the receiver. I am supposed to connect up to three receivers with this dish, but my third one is not working. Can someone help? Thanks

hedley is offline VIP/Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Week #13 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,180x in 997 Posts
    Items A Beer
Gift received at 05-02-2015, 08:22 PM from nob0dy

enjoy !USAMexicoWhiskey

switch your RG6 cable from port 2 to 3 and vice versa to see if the nag follows the RG6 cable.
    Luca Brasi Swims With me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hedley For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

Two things to watch for.......

1 - When adding an LNB (129) to the "in" port of DP equipment the LNB must be a Single DP lnb, regular circular LNB's will not work on the "in" port of DP equipment.

2 - By adding the extra LNB (129) there is a chance that now your FTA equipment can't supply enough power to run everything which would give you issues on all your receivers, you would then need a DPP44 switch with A/C or a sub receiver on port #1 to power everything, but adding a sub for power would then only leave you 2 open ports for FTA receivers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hedley View Post
    switch your RG6 cable from port 2 to 3 and vice versa to see if the nag follows the RG6 cable.
    Hedley, I switch the cable and the receiver which was connected to port 2, got connection from port 3 and my third receiver did not get any signals from Port 2 as well. So I am thinking it could be bad cable or the connector (coupler) which I am using to connect two cables. Is there any thing else I should consider?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

guys, after cable, receiver and connector testing, it seems to me that I cannot connect three receivers at the same time. Only two allow. Do I need the DPP44 switch? How the connection will be if I buy a DPP44 switch?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

The DP 500 plus will only run 2 receivers, you need a DPP44 switch and it DC power inserter to run more then 2 off that setup.

The LNB's TWO outputs on the Dish 500 plus LNB for 110/119 will go to the #1 and # 2 input of the DPP44 switch. (#1 = 119, #2 = 110)

The LNB for 129W will go to the #3 port on the switch, the output for 118 with go to the #4 port on the switch.

Diseqc switch setups for the satellites will be as followes:

Diseqc #1 = 119W
    Diseqc #2 = 110W
    Diseqc #3 = 129W
    Diseqc #4 = 118W

Now the DC power for the switch NEEDS to be on it's OWN separate coax to the #1 receiver port on the switch, then the switch will run 3 FTA receivers just fine, and all 3 have to have the same switch settings.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?