Thread: V vs H polarization

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Default V vs H polarization

Hello. I have my new DPP twin satelite dish network lnb set up with a viewsat ultra, and I cannot pick up any channels with V polarization quality. Signal is good in the 70s. I've changed the diseq switch, and same thing. I've switched the cables also. Same thing. I don't know what else I can do. With my old lnb, i think i got more of the v polarity channels to work, but now it is reversed with the new lnb? Suggestions please?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If you have the single large oval eye LNB on that DPP twin dish then you do not need the external Diseqc switch, the DPP twin LNB has an internal switch.

Depending on the satellites your trying to look at, the Diseqc switching would be:

Diseqc #1 = 119 (or 91), Diseqc #2 = 110 (or 82)

You don't mean two DPP single LNB's do you? (two LNB's mounted side by side)

And if you had an old legacy LNB setup, you will have to change the coax (if you didn't already) the DPP LNB's need coax that is rated to 2.5 GHz (marked on the coax) or swept to 3 GHz, if the coax was for the old style LNB's, or is marked for CATV use, then you will be missing the "V" transponders. (maybe not all of them but the higher frequency ones will be gone)
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Thanks. I'll check it out.