Thread: No Guide

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 24 Posts

Default No Guide

I recently repaired a friends Jynxbox V2 (not a clone) by installing a new jb200. I left him with it running and then he moved to to the bedroom and tried the wifi antenna. It did not show up in his bin version- I went back and installed bin .39 I think it was. Everything was working fine -EXCEPT - there is NO GUIDE. I have tried the few things I know - put it on channels 200 and 239 and let it sit there a 20 plus minutes and NO GUIDE- tried turning off unit with remote and letting it sit 20 plus minutes - NO GUIDE. Put usb drive in slot and tried the same steps as above - NO GUIDE
    There is NOTHING in the guide when it comes up. Looking for suggestions. As soon as I finish this post I plan to re-install bin and start over- hope to get suggestions here

THANKS

bkr™ is offline Moderator/Satfix 2014 Super Bowl pool Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952x in 711 Posts

Sometimes this happens. Found just a hard reboot with back switch clears this up.
    really hate windoz 8

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 44 Posts

Do a factory reset before you load the 2.39, and then after, then rescan all channels, including the radio channels. The EPG data stream through those channels. If that doesn't work, you may have to start with the factory file.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 24 Posts

Thanks for your suggestions. I downloaded a new bin file - reloaded and everything is working even without a factory reset - they are happy now- glad they served good scotch - I spent a pretty good while at their house

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 44 Posts

It's probably a good time to do User Database backup now that you have your guide.