Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Echostar 14(119) transponder 12384 intermittent problem

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 14 Posts

Okay, I'm not the brightest light bulb in the room but I'll try this. Taking the transponders, 12297-11250 gives 1047, 12384-11250 gives 1134 and 12443-11250 gives 1193. The 3 wifi channels that had most activity in netsurveyor were 1(2412), 6(2437) and 11(2462). So I went to the site and plugged the 3 wifi freqs in the Input boxes. I copied the page and saved the data as a jpg image which I'm trying to attach to this reply. In case you don't get it none of the two station or three station 2nd,3rd,5th or 7th order freqs was anywhere near the TP values I calculated above. So if I screwed this up, please stop laughing and tell me what numbers I should be entering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 14 Posts

This has become a very strange situation. Following my last post, I asked around the neighbourhood about any new wireless or other RF type devices, without any success. After trying Terryl's last suggestion and reading through the other posts, I got to wondering why the other satellite, Echo10/11, was having no problems, not even with the transponders in the same frequency range. On Monday my usual 8:30pm check showed the channels on 135/136(Echo14, tp12384) down again. I went into the Nano installations menu, clicked channel search, chose Echostar 14 on LNB1, and then just selected each transponder in the selection list. Every TP in the 12297 through 12443 showed no signal. (The sliders at the bottom of the screen, normally blue and green, were empty, except for a grey line in the blue slider). I then selected Echo10/11, changed the lnb to 2 and went through each tp in that list. All were good - blue and green sliders almost completely "full". I couldn't believe it so I went back and chose Echo14 on LNB1 again, and started going through its TP again. This time, all of the them showed up. I couldn't believe it and did it again. All were still up. I exited the channel search - did not save because I hadn't made any changes. and went back to channels 135/136 Both were now good. This contradicted the pattern had been building over the past week where the channels would go down at 8pm and return around 7am. Sometimes in the "down" period, they would go good for a minute or so then drop again but for the most part they would stay down for those 12 hours or so. This time the two channels stayed good for the whole evening. On Tuesday night the channels were still good. Same for Wednesday and Thurday. So what happened? Did my actions in the channel search menu do something or did whatever was causing the interference suddenly stop at the exact moment I started the channel search menu? Did something in the Nano change - I've rebooted since then but the channels kept working. To sum this all up, the channels are working now - at least they were last night and are at this moment. What was the problem - I don't know. Is the problem fixed - will the channels keep working - I don't know.
    I want to thank everyone who responded and helped with this, especially Terryl. Certainly he did everything he could but, considering that I didn't have the knowledge or the equipment needed to track down any interference, there wasn't a lot more that could be done. Much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12