Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nano hd review

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 3 Posts

Hey fellows and ladies, I just put in the ls500 modular into my nano hd and I rescanned for channels. 129 came in with hd package. But the problem for me is the 129 won't lock causing my hd pictures to freeze like crazy and this is all hd channels. Can anybody assist in some expert information that may help me out.p

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 339x in 232 Posts

Mine does the same but only on some TP's. I think it may be an aiming issue. What type of bracket are you using?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 3 Posts

I am using a 3 head lnb hd dish but I have perfect signal and strength both r in the high 80's. But there is something not right why it won't lock I don't think it's the pointing of the dish in my case but the files has bugs.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 5 Posts

Can't believe folks are still using this hopeless receiver with basically one software release that barely makes the grade. Guess the massage has not filtered through.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amok For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 78x in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    Can't believe folks are still using this hopeless receiver with basically one software release that barely makes the grade. Guess the massage has not filtered through.
    Agreed......
    IRISH

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 339x in 232 Posts

Yeah, Im actually looking into a different one now but its too bad as the pic quality is great. Not sure if the receiver itself is to blame for not locking onto sats correctly tho, but its possible.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

okay guys here's the problem with the nano hd box the HD module is overheating when it overheats you to lose your signal on 129 I tried three different HD modules till I found out what the problem was first I thought the dish pointing was off but it wasn't I took the top off the box and put a table small stand fan to blow on the module the freezing and overheat and stop when I talked to fan anyway the freezing and over heat ing started again I put it back to bow on top of the box the freezing and overheat and stop there are a lot of bad HD modules that overheats give that a try before you throw it away

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Having used the Nano Hd for a few months I would like to put in my two cents worth.
    Channel scanning is subpar and I have to blind scan to get some channels to come in which means a lot of duplicates. Easy to get rid of the duplicates, right? Not so. You can't do it from the EPG but must exit and it takes over 12 separate actions on the remote control to delete a channel. If you accidently hit a wrong button the unit will exit and you must start all over again and it's all too easy to delete all the channels which requires another blind scan.
    I still can't figure out how to move around the EPG quickly. In other words to go from 111 to 526 it's either a lengthy page by page movement or I must exit the EPG and then punch in the new channel and then resubmit the EPG which may or may not come in populated.
    About the EPG....it's definitely not there yet. Some channels don't come in at all and the channel display doesn't line up timewise to the larger display of the channel. The EPG population is only for a few hours anyway.
    The PVr records but playback freezes and pixilates, so it's unwatchable and I have tried all different drives with no change.
    In a most ironic turn, the files produced by the PVR are apparently encoded so that only the Nano will play them back.
    If anyone has workarounds for these problems I would love to hear it. Otherwise I will be looking for another unit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123