Thread: 9800HD Conversion to Nano HD

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 18 Posts

Default 9800HD Conversion to Nano HD

Just wondering if anyone else has tried to load Nano HD files into a I-Link 9800HD. All the files loaded but get no signal when configuring sats in Antenna Setup. All other menu functions seem to work OK. Since the support for 9800HD's seems to be gone it would be nice to compare other peoples findings.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,324x in 7,952 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Quote Originally Posted by steveng View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else has tried to load Nano HD files into a I-Link 9800HD. All the files loaded but get no signal when configuring sats in Antenna Setup. All other menu functions seem to work OK. Since the support for 9800HD's seems to be gone it would be nice to compare other peoples findings.
    Brave...I wouldn't have recommended it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 156x in 54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveng View Post
    You my friend, have cajones the size of basketballs.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 18 Posts

It converts right back to a I-Link 9800 and runs fine. There must be small hardware or software differences which is giving it problems. Too bad not a bad receiver but the EPG sucks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 103x in 61 Posts

try it with the linkbox 8000 plus files as nano hd and link box are manufactured by the same company i would try the second last fact file as the latest is gor a different 8psk board

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark64 View Post
    try it with the linkbox 8000 plus files as nano hd and link box are manufactured by the same company i would try the second last fact file as the latest is gor a different 8psk board
    Tried that conversion before but all the receiver did was lock up and freeze all the time. The Nano HD files actually work better but cannot get a signal in antenna setup. When I get more time I'm going to pull the covers off the 9800HD and the Nano HD and see if there's any difference in the hardware.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 103x in 61 Posts

hmm yours the se mine was not the se when I had mine it was no problem at switching them back and forth worked just as good as the linkbox 8000 plus