Thread: no quality signal

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Default no quality signal

What does it mean when no strength shows for quality but the signal is in the 80s range? Everything was working fine last night, and nobody touched any wires. Today no quality. If I play with the frequency, it may show signal for half a second and disappears. Help is appreciated.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,709x in 3,255 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

"S" or "Signal" is the down link signal from the LNB, it means it's active and connected, with the right LO frequency.

No "Q" could mean that the dish could have moved or the wrong type of LNB has been selected, this could happen if the receiver has been re-set due to some problem.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 10 Posts

don't know what your receiver settings are but if you have a vs9000hd and are trying to access the hd channels try this in menu settings.

click menu, options, make sure turn on outside sources is on then exit. if is showing on just exit. normally this will clear up hd quality issues.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 3 Posts

You go to the menu looking option plays ok twice and then output usually activates the system hd

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

It's a VS2000 ultra. Three days ago I had no quality on all channels. Two nights ago, late at night, everything appeared fine with quality in the 80s. I have no quality this afternoon with any channels. Go figure. I guess we need to see if moving the dish helps. I don't know how it would have moved by itself. Maybe a bird flew into it, or a squirrel attacked it?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,709x in 3,255 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Over time the mounting hardware and nuts and bolts can loosen up, repeated hot and cold can cause screws to stretch, when they do things can move.

Also bad weather can affect things.

If you decide to try moving the dish, then first make some witness marks so you know where it was before the move, and do very very small adjustments, try this trick.

Use a broom stick or something long enough to reach the dish, give it a little push up or left to right or right to left, but be genital, ask someone to watch the "Q" on the bad or missing transponders or station.

Give it a nudge then wait till you get a report as to good or bad, you should then get a idea if you need to readjust the dish or not.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 151x in 89 Posts

Let me trow in my two cents if you think your dish didn't move then it could be two things diseqc switch gone bad or water infiltration on the cable connectors and Happy New Year

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skywalker999 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

I haven't checked to see if adjusting the dish will help yet since it is a little hard to get up on the roof to do so, but I noticed I posted this same problem around the same time last year. Maybe the alignment of stars and planets and satellites have anything to do with it? Signal was perfect again late last night and gone again this afternoon. Weird....

Happy 2014 to all!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

You likely have a loose connection in your cable--just tighten between any couplers in the line.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post: