Thread: Closed Captioning

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Closed Captioning

I can't get closed captioning to work, I have tried on Ultra and also on Platinum (I am using rq-sssp client, I've turned the setting on in the receiver, also in the TV). Could it be a bug in the bins for these receivers? It used to work in N2 era with exactly the same gear. Any thoughts? Tx

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Not many ideas. The files were pretty much chosen at random for IKS mods. It was found that files from the early N2 days were easier to mod than the full emu ones based on early pansat file mods for IKS, so figured that similar era viewsat files would work about the same. CC was not an issue in the pick but it was suggested that folks test for good EPG before picking a file.

The code to dump RAM is still around, you might want to test to see if you are getting EPG packets in the dumps and that they are being decompressed--but I suspect if you were getting decompressed packets you would see CC.

Um....maybe the CC on TV is not on, maybe the CC on the vs box is not enabled, maybe the provider has changed the CC system, maybe the box's code is an issue. Start testing and figure it out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks, since the CC on TV is on, and the CC on the box is enabled, I suspect it's either the provider (north in this case) or the box's code. It would be very helpful if somebody reading this and running a viewsat ultra or platinum could try the CC and report back.