Default My Firsts experiences with my JynxBox HD V2

-PRO
    Excellent picture on HD channels
    Go picture on SD channels
    Fast channel change
    Move quickly only when you connect the external IR cord
    PVR Work good

-CONS
    On info windows don't present the time passed of the event or how many time left of the program to end
    I can't search on the guide for an event or program, just i can search a channel
    I can't mark an event or program that come back when it start.
    I can't put a timer to sleep the box, ej. 10, 15, 30 minutes to auto-off
    When the box it's in standby does not display the time (hours:minutes), the display is black.

If there are some feature that i put in cons, please correct me my faults.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 23 Posts

add to that

pro
    can use more than one server without issue, also shows which server is connected at the time
    no heat issue like so many other HD receivers

cons
    slow as molasses channel scans
    issues with sw44 not all channels will scan in
    slow remote reponse
    too slow channel changes for my liking compared to other HD models

Quote Originally Posted by felixramirezreyes View Post
    -PRO
    Excellent picture on HD channels
    Go picture on SD channels
    Fast channel change
    Move quickly only when you connect the external IR cord
    PVR Work good

-CONS
    On info windows don't present the time passed of the event or how many time left of the program to end
    I can't search on the guide for an event or program, just i can search a channel
    I can't mark an event or program that come back when it start.
    I can't put a timer to sleep the box, ej. 10, 15, 30 minutes to auto-off
    When the box it's in standby does not display the time (hours:minutes), the display is black.

If there are some feature that i put in cons, please correct me my faults.
    Last edited by Dekkard; 06-06-2013 at 01:03 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dekkard For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 4 Posts

i agree with both your pros/cons...

add no channel editor to the cons list... that is huge.

I will say that this box really has potential.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkard View Post
    add to that

pro
    can use more than one server without issue, also shows which server is connected at the time

cons
    slow remote reponse
    What kind of issues are there with the channels not scanning in with the sw44? That's what I'm using.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goadus View Post
    What kind of issues are there with the channels not scanning in with the sw44? That's what I'm using.
    not sure what you dont understand?
    this is an issue already posted in other forums

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 28 Posts

add to that

pro

cons
    slow remote reponse
    I must disagree with a couple of your cons: Remote response is much quicker and has a wider range with the external IR Cord than any other model I've tested. Changing channels is also better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    i agree with both your pros/cons...

add no channel editor to the cons list... that is huge.

I will say that this box really has potential.
    Yes, there is a channel editor. Click on the TV Channels Option in the Menu.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadalert For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadalert View Post
    I must disagree with a couple of your cons: Remote response is much quicker and has a wider range with the external IR Cord than any other model I've tested. Changing channels is also better than most.

Yes, there is a channel editor. Click on the TV Channels Option in the Menu.

i see on your list you have yet to test the dreamlink HD...once you do you will see what youve been missing

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

looking to add another receiver to the stable and I am on the fence between getting another dreamlink or a jynxbox.

Hearing mixed reviews on the jynxbox pvr.

Is it true that during pvr playback it microfreezes? IF so, that would be the deal breaker for me.

How well does the pvr function? Can you skip a minute ahead or five minutes ahead pressing one button?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I agree with shadalert, the remote control response very fast and has a great wide range with the external IR.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 337x in 194 Posts

Con.... No manual or any other enclosed instructions , zero ... Whatever you have on your USB will not show when you connect it to the only port which is located in the rear of the Box , so you really do not know what you may be down loading !!!!!! Lol ....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Con.... No manual or any other enclosed instructions , zero ... Whatever you have on your USB will not show when you connect it to the only port which is located in the rear of the Box , so you really do not know what you may be down loading !!!!!! Lol ....
    There's 2 usb ports on the unit. One on the front and one on the back. Pull the front right cover open.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 28 Posts

i see on your list you have yet to test the dreamlink HD...once you do you will see what youve been missing
    So, tell me what I've been missing. I've been told that the Dreamlink's EPG sucks along with other problems. Convince me why it's so good and I'll buy one.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shadalert For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadalert View Post
    So, tell me what I've been missing. I've been told that the Dreamlink's EPG sucks along with other problems. Convince me why it's so good and I'll buy one.
    not sure what "other problems" you are talking about as the dreamlink is one of the best out there, and considered by many the best HD box currently being made. no such claims are being made by anyone on behalf of the jynxbox. Ive setup a few dozen dreamlinks without issue. go on this and any other fta site...you will see the jynxbox has many more "issues" than the dreamlink. the EPG on the dreamlink is bad. takes some getting used to but what you get in return is an outstanding box that outclasses the jynxbox in almost every respect.

Both stay connected great to whatever server you are using. From my testing the dreamlink works a little faster when using multiple servers. Personally mine has 4 P$'s on it, the jynx is a bit slower when connecting with that many P$'s. Dreamlink scans satellites faster, setup is easier and faster than the jynx. Jynx also has more compatibilty issues with lnb's and switches. perhaps they will get that fixed inthe future or not? I do like the feature on the Jynx on the info banner that tells you what server you are currently connected to.

I have both and tested both and prefer the dreamlink, to me the higher cost of the dreamlink is worth what you get in return compared to the Jynxbox. Not trying to convince you to buy just some points from someone that has tested both.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dekkard For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

how about pvr people. a pvr comparison between the dreamlink and jynxbox

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 301x in 187 Posts
    Items TVthe travel gnomeDishCrown RoyalHockey

not sure what "other problems" you are talking about as the dreamlink is one of the best out there, and considered by many the best HD box currently being made. no such claims are being made by anyone on behalf of the jynxbox. Ive setup a few dozen dreamlinks without issue. go on this and any other fta site...you will see the jynxbox has many more "issues" than the dreamlink. the EPG on the dreamlink is bad. takes some getting used to but what you get in return is an outstanding box that outclasses the jynxbox in almost every respect.

Both stay connected great to whatever server you are using. From my testing the dreamlink works a little faster when using multiple servers. Personally mine has 4 P$'s on it, the jynx is a bit slower when connecting with that many P$'s. Dreamlink scans satellites faster, setup is easier and faster than the jynx. Jynx also has more compatibilty issues with lnb's and switches. perhaps they will get that fixed inthe future or not? I do like the feature on the Jynx on the info banner that tells you what server you are currently connected to.

I have both and tested both and prefer the dreamlink, to me the higher cost of the dreamlink is worth what you get in return compared to the Jynxbox. Not trying to convince you to buy just some points from someone that has tested both.
    not hear to be a jynx promoter but a few things you mention i can not agree with, when using more than one server on a jynx it connects super fast even if all 8 server slots are active (have tested a combo of north and south) and connection is almost instant after boot up, the jynx rotates through servers seemlessly when needed, setting up the jynx is very easy, load a file set up sats, scan and enter p$ info, can not get easier than that, the jynx does have issues but also has many features that the dreamlink will never have unless a new dreamlink HD is released like dual tuner capability along with an atsc tuner or dvb-s2 tuner,
    the jynx also has a built in media player which works flawlessly, plays back almost any type of media format which is a very nice feature, the jynx is also wifi compatible and the dreamlink is not another nice feature, the cost difference is $10 more than the jynx (check out leesatt) so really not much in cost difference either, the jynx has a much better guide verses the dreamlink and imo the jynx has a better pic but that will vary depending on tv being used i guess, both units are good and both have pros and cons just depends what features you are looking for and imo the jynx has many more options and features than the dreamlink,
    as yourself not here to convince anyone just pointing out some things, anyone looking to buy an HD receiver should do there homework first and see what best suits their needs

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bobby For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast