Thread: any way to extract public server info from cw800?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default any way to extract public server info from cw800?

I have a UH-100 , its connecting to some GH2 server I don't ever recall putting the info in and its live.

Is there any way to extract exactly what Is under the ********* << the stars id like to find out exactly what info is there that its connecting to

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

You don't recall puttin the info in .... sure . lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StanW For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Is something funny? Must be a inside joke on your end.
    I said I don't remember ever putting in anything for a GH2 server. I have Rocket and Activacentro, those are the only 2 I have ever put in other then trying to get the japan free trial

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Hum...well, looking over the instructions for setting up the cw800 box for dongle use, it looks like you load a specific file to the box--the code for the server in question could have been made part of that file, so you might be able to take apart the file to see what is in it. As far as I know there is no way to dump the file from a box, but I don't own any CW boxes so don't really know anything. It is a conexant based box and code has been developed to modify a file to dump the flash contents for some boxes--whether that is possible on your files, I don't know--kind of depends on if there is lots of protection to prevent file mods (things like odd ball compression and lots of checksums).

I suppose that the code might be in the dongle, but from the looks of the setup info I read, more likely to be in flash.

You could tap into the outgoing web comms with something like wireshark and see what you see there, or start a project to explore dumping the flash (if there is not method to do so already).

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 205x in 122 Posts

No I do not know "any way to extract public server info from cw800?"

But behind that title the issue is "How we ensure that this UH-100 is not talking o reporting what we do?"

I do not want to start a rumor so do not later say I said what I do not said.

I just want to give you my impression on the subject.
    First I do not like the Idea of a company that gave I K S for free almost a whole year?
    Nor of a company that developed its own firmware for each receiver?

So I do not trust bin 2.66 made by akai.

Listen if I am Dave I will like a way to track and report what people is doing in I K S. Server Info, accounts and time spent connected. With that info my lawyers could bring to court those connected.

So If I was Dave I will do my own I K S server and log people habit. And I will provide special firmware that could informed me of other I K S server been used. Wao just what IKAI did!!!! I am not accusing then. I do not know any fact. But clearly fit my NOT THRUSTED LIST.

What I suggest is to have your Home Router loaded with Tomato. Then add Firewall rules to block all communication from the MAC Address of the UH-100. And allow only communication to the IP of the I K S server you use.

In that way you ensure your self that no other com is been done by your UH-100. And Tomato could even log all com that that MAC address is doing.

Oh I forgot. If you are using 2.66 the first 1 , 2, 3 set up are unmodifiable. But If then you load a previous Firmware then you can see all that info except the password.

In the opposite direction. If you have none 2.66 installed and then install 2.66 then you will lost all data that was in slot 1, 2, 3 because they get replace by AKAI server info. But on the other hand it will allow you to see the password of all otherss!!!! This people in AKAI sure they where funny.
    Last edited by dale_para_bajo; 04-15-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 327x in 203 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-10-2012, 09:44 PM from Just_angel

the uh-100 blue box i believe has a "ski" server info.
    the way you see this hidden info is by loading an earlier bin to the dongle....you can see everything but password.
    again this is the LSJ uh-100 dongle and not the red box uh-100 dongle.
    i am going off of memory from a couple years ago when someone posted these findings about the "ski" server being loaded by default.

edit
    dale posted basically what i posted..
    i can't believe i didn't see that the first time i read his post...ooops
    Last edited by yappapi; 04-15-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    Any Information I Offer Is Retrieved From Simple Interweb And Or Satfix Searches That Anyone Is Capable Of.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Well, I took a look at the "dongle" file and it is compressed and I think it is zlib form of compression (compression ratio is about 63%) but with some form of scrambling after compression so can't see code. I had an older file to look at too and same scrambled compression--has "Gszip" string at 0x1c in file. The checksum does seem to be the standard CW one--sum32 with 1s compliment over the number of bytes seen in 0x4 and stored at 0x8 starting at the 0x1c byte. Looks like the 0x150000 bytes of the file get stored starting at 0x20010000 in the flash as is. Maybe if someone were to pull the flash and read it out so that you see the boot part then the scramble could be figured out and other methods of dumping flash developed but at this point no way to read the files.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale_para_bajo View Post
    No I do not know "any way to extract public server info from cw800?"

But behind that title the issue is "How we ensure that this UH-100 is not talking o reporting what we do?"

I do not want to start a rumor so do not later say I said what I do not said.

I just want to give you my impression on the subject.
    First I do not like the Idea of a company that gave I K S for free almost a whole year?
    Nor of a company that developed its own firmware for each receiver?

So I do not trust bin 2.66 made by akai.

Listen if I am Dave I will like a way to track and report what people is doing in I K S. Server Info, accounts and time spent connected. With that info my lawyers could bring to court those connected.

So If I was Dave I will do my own I K S server and log people habit. And I will provide special firmware that could informed me of other I K S server been used. Wao just what IKAI did!!!! I am not accusing then. I do not know any fact. But clearly fit my NOT THRUSTED LIST.

What I suggest is to have your Home Router loaded with Tomato. Then add Firewall rules to block all communication from the MAC Address of the UH-100. And allow only communication to the IP of the I K S server you use.

In that way you ensure your self that no other com is been done by your UH-100. And Tomato could even log all com that that MAC address is doing.

Oh I forgot. If you are using 2.66 the first 1 , 2, 3 set up are unmodifiable. But If then you load a previous Firmware then you can see all that info except the password.

In the opposite direction. If you have none 2.66 installed and then install 2.66 then you will lost all data that was in slot 1, 2, 3 because they get replace by AKAI server info. But on the other hand it will allow you to see the password of all otherss!!!! This people in AKAI sure they where funny.
    Sorry I never got notification of replys...

Anyhow... It must be something in the receiver bin itself.. I plugged the dongle into my CW-700 and the server did not show up. Im in the process of getting another cw-800 from a friend who no longer uses it, im going to try and clone box to box and see what happens

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

You could always "spy" on the cloning process--a simple to build rs232 cable parallels the RX and TX lines to a PC and you run something like RealTerm program to capture the serial port exchange. It may be that the boot is cloned as well as the main software. Google "rs232 spy" should find the type of cable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

JCO