Thread: Dead Jynxbox HD. Advices?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21x in 11 Posts

Default Dead Jynxbox HD. Advices?

Happy New Year fellows.

My new year is less than happy today as my Jynxbox just went dead. My GF was watching TV and at some point it just shut off. I tried to hard boot it, got the front red led flashing a few times and then it died.

I don't know if it is somehow related but during the 2 hours prior its shut-off the box was experiencing signal losses every 15-20 minutes and we had to soft boot it to get the image back. I thought it was P$ server related, but it may not be the case.

Before anyone comes up with the insightful advice of testing the plug tino another wall outlet, I've already tried it with no success. I also opened the box to check the connections and everything is plugged fit in its place. No visible loose connection and nothing seems to be fried. However, the underpaid Chinese worker who glued the heat sink to the main chip did a messy job as there's a drip of glue that dried over the chip connectors.

For the record, it's a JB HD v2 with firmware 217 installed.

Any advice on what I could try to bring it back to life? The place I bought from closed just before Christmas so I can't expect much support from them.

Thanks in advance, and may 2013 bring you prosperity and good TV.

Pub

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by publicsd View Post
    Happy New Year fellows.

My new year is less than happy today as my Jynxbox just went dead. My GF was watching TV and at some point it just shut off. I tried to hard boot it, got the front red led flashing a few times and then it died.

I don't know if it is somehow related but during the 2 hours prior its shut-off the box was experiencing signal losses every 15-20 minutes and we had to soft boot it to get the image back. I thought it was P$ server related, but it may not be the case.

Before anyone comes up with the insightful advice of testing the plug tino another wall outlet, I've already tried it with no success. I also opened the box to check the connections and everything is plugged fit in its place. No visible loose connection and nothing seems to be fried. However, the underpaid Chinese worker who glued the heat sink to the main chip did a messy job as there's a drip of glue that dried over the chip connectors.

For the record, it's a JB HD v2 with firmware 217 installed.

Any advice on what I could try to bring it back to life? The place I bought from closed just before Christmas so I can't expect much support from them.

Thanks in advance, and may 2013 bring you prosperity and good TV.

Pub
    Honestly i have never heard of something like this, yes the signal dropping problem it happens sometimes, its just a firmware problem, does the box turn on after all you have done? or it just died? (doesnt turn on anymore)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21x in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex.1604 View Post
    Honestly i have never heard of something like this, yes the signal dropping problem it happens sometimes, its just a firmware problem, does the box turn on after all you have done? or it just died? (doesnt turn on anymore)
    Hi Alex,

Doesn't turn on anymore. The front display remains blank. No output to the TV,

I also tried to plug in the Loader and it doesn't connect either.

Also, feel free to recommend me other brands as unless a savior comes in with a miraculous solution, I guess I'll soon need to shop for another box...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to publicsd For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

my jynx done that, and i took the cover off looked at everything i could see and nothing was out of place, but what i found was the rear switch was bad.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Hi Alex,

Doesn't turn on anymore. The front display remains blank. No output to the TV,

I also tried to plug in the Loader and it doesn't connect either.

Also, feel free to recommend me other brands as unless a savior comes in with a miraculous solution, I guess I'll soon need to shop for another box...
    Ok, like iq180 said, then its something defective with the box, so its not a firmware or software problem, its a hardware problem, you should get an exchange where you bought it, so they can see its a factory problem, thats the only solution.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alex.1604 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

here is a way to test the switch, if you have a multimeter you can use that, but if you had a multimeter i would not need to tell you that, so here is a test you can do, unplug the jynx from the wall and take the cover off, now take the two wires off the switch and conect them to each other, and tape them, then retest the jynx.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iq180 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 30x in 19 Posts
    Items the travel gnome
Gift received at 02-22-2020, 12:47 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 02-22-2020, 12:47 AM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 02-22-2020, 12:47 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 02-22-2020, 12:47 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 02-22-2020, 12:47 AM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 02-21-2020, 07:29 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 02-21-2020, 07:29 PM from BluegrassYacht
Gift received at 02-21-2020, 07:29 PM from Bluegrass

My 1st version jynxbox also suddenly died just like yours,no advanced warning just would not turn back on after turning off, in my case i contacted Leesatt of where i brought it and they could not of been more helpful as they reply back quickly and told me to send unit back,i thought they would repair it but instead sent me a brand new V2 unit, if you like the jynxbox or want a different model might i suggest buying from Leesatt as they stand behind what they sell and get back to via e-mail in a most timely matter, sorry to hear your place closed right after you brought you unit but any unit can fail it's then the service of the dealer you brought from that stands out and Leesatt won't let you down!, also you metion it's a version 2 unit,they just came out so maybe if you contact jynxbox direct they could help you out
    Last edited by chuck7; 01-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chuck7 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21x in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iq180 View Post
    here is a way to test the switch, if you have a multimeter you can use that, but if you had a multimeter i would not need to tell you that, so here is a test you can do, unplug the jynx from the wall and take the cover off, now take the two wires off the switch and conect them to each other, and tape them, then retest the jynx.
    Well, I indeed checked a few things with the multimeter prior to posting, but since my knowledge of electronics is limited, I wasn't surprised when I didn't find anything wrong.

I did the test you mentioned. Unfortunately, it didn't work. There's voltage at the switch but the box remains dead. Thanks anyway.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to publicsd For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Well, I indeed checked a few things with the multimeter prior to posting, but since my knowledge of electronics is limited, I wasn't surprised when I didn't find anything wrong.

I did the test you mentioned. Unfortunately, it didn't work. There's voltage at the switch but the box remains dead. Thanks anyway.
    Remove the module, it fixed my supposed dead one