Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help setting up a satellite motor for Jynxbox

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Unhappy I need help setting up a satellite motor for Jynxbox

Im trying to use a motorized dish with a Jynxbox, but whenever i change the satellite it goes to the wrong place, and there is no option to move your satellite to any side (east or west) like there is in the other receiver, does anyone know how to set it up properly because i have spent a day trying to do it right, but not matter what i do (move the dish, try different settings on my receiver, etc) and nothing works, the dish keeps going to the wrong position (a satellite that doesnt exist) how can you move the dish manually from the receiver (east or west) using USALS? does anyone know what i can do? please help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 12 Posts

what dish do you have and what sat do you want. do you have any switch. eg LNB type. then may be some of us help you. do you have $PS code yet.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

yes, i have a motorized dish 500, i modified it so i could play with it around, i know sounds silly, but yes i know how motors work and how to use them, currently im using my nanosat premium because it does what the jynxbox cant do, that i can manually move the dish using the receiver, there is no option on the jynxbox that allows me to do that, it automatically moves the dish to a point where its not even near the satellite im trying to get, this only happens with the jynxbox, because with my nanosat, and sonicview 8000HD, this doesnt happen, i can manually move the dish left or right (west or east) im not using switches or anything like that, i do have P$ codes, if anyone got a solution for this it would be amazing

P.S. i think this has to be fixed in a new software update

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

You can only see the east..west options if you use the disq 1.2 setting usal will not show the manual buttons.The usal settings work well for that to happen your motor setup and alignment has to be correct.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949x in 826 Posts

USALS (motor settings)

I found this a bit different than what I am used to with usals settings on other receivers.
    First thing is to do all your setting for each sat that you want.

INSTALLATION---> DISH Settings

Set up with the right info for each sat you want to scan.

Then go to...

Positioner Setting

Motor Type---USALS
    Logitude-----?????
    Latitude-----?????

Now go back up to Longitude and with the right arrow
    key select West or East for your position.

Then go to...

Motor settings

Now pick your first sat.

It will say moving to position, wait for that to clear.

(Note it will not show you are locked on after the moving dish box closes.
    You can go back to dish setting to see if you are actually locked on that sat as it will show there.)

Hit the red button to scan.
    I use Auto Scan
    Scans slow but it is a good scan.
    When the finished box shows press ok.

Repeat for each Sat you want.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benney For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 236x in 182 Posts

Set the box to go to 82W and then align the dish manually to 82w and you are set to go!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benney View Post
    USALS (motor settings)

I found this a bit different than what I am used to with usals settings on other receivers.
    First thing is to do all your setting for each sat that you want.

INSTALLATION---> DISH Settings

Set up with the right info for each sat you want to scan.

Then go to...

Positioner Setting

Motor Type---USALS
    Logitude-----?????
    Latitude-----?????

Now go back up to Longitude and with the right arrow
    key select West or East for your position.

Then go to...

Motor settings

Now pick your first sat.

It will say moving to position, wait for that to clear.

(Note it will not show you are locked on after the moving dish box closes.
    You can go back to dish setting to see if you are actually locked on that sat as it will show there.)

Hit the red button to scan.
    I use Auto Scan
    Scans slow but it is a good scan.
    When the finished box shows press ok.

Repeat for each Sat you want.
    ok, so i tried it and it worked, but it doesnt get all the channels and the ones that get doesnt get the strongest signals, so im using diseqc 1.2 option, and im able to get 110 and 119 with really strong signals, and all channels, it working properly and everything, but i cannot get 129, i cant find it anywhere anyone knows why? i have a modified dish 500, with motor (sounds crazy but i did it) anyone can help with 129? what transponder should i use when searching? whats the weakest? and everything? please help, i will leave some pics of what i mean by modified dish 500, they are not my pictures, but i did the same thing, so its the same thing. please help.

Motorized Dish 3.jpgMotorized Dish 500 1.jpgMotorized Dish 500 2.jpg

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I have a 36" dish and when that happened to me with 129 I had to adjust my elevation.

But then I used true south as my starting point. Once you get that right, elevation is really all you need to adjust.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benney View Post
    I have a 36" dish and when that happened to me with 129 I had to adjust my elevation.

But then I used true south as my starting point. Once you get that right, elevation is really all you need to adjust.
    and how can i do that? because when i point to true south as a starting point, i dont know what satellite is there, plus i dont have a professional equipment to adjust it right, so i adjusted my dish to sat 119 as my 0 in my motor, and from there moving to the east i can get 110 (and the elevation is 5 degrees more than 119), with 129 i cannot get it (the elevation is 5 degrees less than 119) but why does it work with 110? and not with 129?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

Quote Originally Posted by alex.1604 View Post
    and how can i do that? because when i point to true south as a starting point, i dont know what satellite is there, plus i dont have a professional equipment to adjust it right, so i adjusted my dish to sat 119 as my 0 in my motor, and from there moving to the east i can get 110 (and the elevation is 5 degrees more than 119), with 129 i cannot get it (the elevation is 5 degrees less than 119) but why does it work with 110? and not with 129?
    PHP Code:
    http://www.dishpointer.com/ 
    PHP Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/ 
    Read post #8 again about elevation.
    Last edited by ICEMAN; 12-24-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: live links

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

But why Does it work with 110 and 119 of they have 5 degrees of difference when it comes to elevation, but with 129 it doesn't work, and it also has 5 degrees of elevation

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

It is because you did not line your dish up to true south. It's all geometry and when you get your head wrapped around exactly what your trying to accomplish you will understand.

Here is some more info for you to study.

You must have your pole dead on vertical on all side or you will also get what is happening to you now as well.
    A good compass also helps.

Clarke Belt-Elevation-Declination Details.zip

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benney For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

I would use USALS...

Do you know what your Lat is? With me I am between 119 and 110..

I called the motor to move to 110..

I then aligned the dish until I got the highest signal on 110. (USALS on 110)

I then moved the motor to 119.. again I check signal quality.

I was then able to have the motor go from 82 to 148 with no errors..

Not sure how the dual LNB would work as the dish must have a different elevation and skew? I use a quadcom linear/circular single lnb. Centered to the dish so my elevation is on the strongest center portion of the dish.

With 2 LNB's what is your elevation? is it correct once the motor rotates and skews the dish? That is the killer when moving between birds.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sHUNter View Post
    I would use USALS...

Do you know what your Lat is? With me I am between 119 and 110..

I called the motor to move to 110..

I then aligned the dish until I got the highest signal on 110. (USALS on 110)

I then moved the motor to 119.. again I check signal quality.

I was then able to have the motor go from 82 to 148 with no errors..

Not sure how the dual LNB would work as the dish must have a different elevation and skew? I use a quadcom linear/circular single lnb. Centered to the dish so my elevation is on the strongest center portion of the dish.

With 2 LNB's what is your elevation? is it correct once the motor rotates and skews the dish? That is the killer when moving between birds.
    Yes, i understand that you should be able to get satellites from 5W to 148W (Toronto) without any problems, in this case only sats from B3V and D1SH because im using a dish 500, but the problem is that i havent adjust my sat properly, because im only able to get 110W and 119W nothing else, not matter to whatever i point at, because of this.

Clarke Belt.JPG

When the summer comes, ill fix my sat, because now its too cold to do it, thanks everyone for your help

18. The Following User Says Thank You to alex.1604 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

Consider using a single LNB if you are going to go motor.. then you should be able to set up the dish with the correct angle and the motor should take care of the rest once you set it up correctly.

You may want to try a bigger dish? sounds like your true south is 79.38... so 82 should be the strongest?

I wish I could see 5W:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast