Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Nagra 4 is knocking at our door .......

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 557x in 268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fifties View Post
    You all are free to believe what you want, and lacking having seen anything with your own eyes, certainly can't be blamed for being skeptical.

Some years back, an underground forum member, for whom I had respect as someone trustworthy, revealed that he was in a group that had a Pee4 hack, the general description of which sounded a bit complex, and I believe needed upgrading every so often.

Did I see it with my own eyes? No, but I tended to believe him, based on our past acquaintance of several years.

Now to the Nag 3 situation;

do you believe for one minute that Chris Tarnovsky, who mentioned some years back at a Black Hat conference that he couldn't believe no one (else) had hacked it, hasn't done so?
    He would of course have done it simply for the challenge, and certainly, with his high profile among both DTH providers, would have never revealed it. And if he did it, you can be sure that perhaps a select few others have as well.

Of course, I am only speculating about this; I can't say for proof positive.

The people who claim its private or underground had not seen it themselves also. A long time ago a well respected member said there was a hack and it was fact. That member was put up to the challenge and later admitted he did not know for fact. I do not think Tarnovsky would do it for the challenge because of his past and people probably watching him. Yes Your speculating. He was sued by them and think he is motivated to say negative things about their encryption.

GS2

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,196x in 2,659 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:32 AM from swanner
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal
Gift received at 06-27-2013, 10:55 PM from Anubis
Message: If you're having some ryes I figure I'd contribute.Trophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM from ICEMAN

the very fact that tarnovsky said he couldn't believe nobody else had hacked it pretty much is a challenge when you look at it. If he hadn't done it himself he wouldn't have known what was involved in doing it .. is it hacked/ my guess would be hell yeah! but whether it is ever seen publicly is doubtful. Not enough money being made in new box sales for anybody to toss the kind of coin around it would demand so my guess is some IKS server group might eventually lay out the required cash to make them invincible to the ECMs charlie tosses at them now

Spoon Feeders FEED Bottom Feeders

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nostradamus For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 3 Posts

Hello to everyone, does somebody has a flash dump or fw update form any new bell hd receiver? too much interesant things inside

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

No, we cant talk about providers receivers, and this thread is over a year old, so it is closed.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789