Thread: How to add 82/91 dish to existing motor setup

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 3 Posts
    Items Crown Royal

Default How to add 82/91 dish to existing motor setup

Hi,

I currently have a Dreamlink T5 going to SG6100 motor, then to 4x1 Diseq switch. Ports 1 and 2 from switch go to Invacom QPH-031 quad. All is working well here.

I would like to add an existing unused Telus dish into the mix for faster access to 82 and 91. It had a single coax from it to a receiver. It looks like this:
    ZOE_0004.jpg

How could I add this to the mix? Run it to port 3 of the diseq 4x1 switch? IF so what settings to use for that LNB

Thx

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949x in 826 Posts

That's a dish pro plus and I am sure you can't mix it with the Inviacom that is a legacy. Actually I'm positive you can't.

Get two DishPro legacys and run a wire from each LNB to ports 3 and 4 of your switch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benney For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

I actually had my Invacom motorized setup working with a D500 twin LNB, and it worked quite well.

How to do this is you run the #3 and #4 ports on your switch to the Invacom "C" and "L" outputs, then the #1 port of the switch goes to the first LNB output on the DP twin LNB, the #2 port on the switch goes to the second port on the DP twin.

Switching is Diseqc #1= 91 (I think) Diseqc #2 = 82, Diseqc #3 = Invacom Circular port, Diseqc #4 = Invacom Linear port, then the output of your switch goes through the motor then to your receiver.

My setup worked quite well until they put up the new birds for 91 and 82, I also had to run better coax to the motor and the DP twin LNB.

And as far as the settings, you would have to use OCS-DP or Dish, as your LNB type.

This way the Diseqc commands are still in the right format for the DP twin LNB.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949x in 826 Posts

Cool I never thought of doing it that way.
    Thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benney For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Yah I had to play with it a bit, found out that the DP twin will work fine if you don't change the Diseqc switching order, it must be in the #1 and #2 Diseqc switch priority, it also works fine for 110 and 119, you just have to put the Invacom on the #3 and 4 ports.

NOTE: this will NOT work with a DP Plus twin LNB, it it has the second external LNB input on it, it will not work as that type of LNB is looking for a third DP LNB on that port, and the Diseqc switch #3 will mess up, and the whole thing will crash.

It must be a DP twin, and not a DP plus twin, how to ID the DP plus LNB is by looking at the number of "F" connectors on the LNB, if it has 3 then it wont work, 2 or 4 will work fine.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post: