Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:32 AM from swanner
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal
Gift received at 06-27-2013, 10:55 PM from Anubis
Message: If you're having some ryes I figure I'd contribute.Trophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM from ICEMAN

Exclamation Jynxbox Ultra Giveaway

Contest rules:

Well its here! After weeks of reading and seeing users frustration about the EPG.

We have decided to give you guys more than what you have asked for.
    We are happy to announce that the Team at JYNX MEDIA has successfully Implemented a 9 DAY EPG on the JYNXBOX ULTRA HD.

Yes you heard this right....9 DAY EPG!!! This is a first in the FTA industry.

There have been some claims but none with any substantial results. We are so happy of our work that we want you the user to experience this first hand by drawing a Free JYNXBOX ULTRA HD so you can experience this great achievement. We are always striving to be better and we will always work with you the users to make this box evolve to what we think will be the best HD box money can buy in the IKS market.

We are dedicated to our Products and will never abandon our users Trust in our Products. When we said we had the best Team in the industry, we meant it!

To be eligible for a FREE UNIT you need to write a 3 sentence (approx) comment as to what you would like to see in the next release of the Jynxbox Ultra HD Firmware. We are looking at Smart comments, polite and to the point. Why you think Adding the Feature would help make this box better.

If we like your comments, we will move it to the final draw which will be sometime on the week of September 3rd 2012. The winner will be picked at random, The free unit includes free shipping to any City in North America, it will be done through one of our Trusted Dealers in USA or Canada.

Good Luck to everyone!
    SPECIAL THANKS TO THE STAFF FOR ALLOWING US TO HAVE A VOICE!

TEAM JYNX
    Last edited by Anubis; 08-31-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added attention symbol

Spoon Feeders FEED Bottom Feeders

Hunter11 Guest

I would like to see the Jynxbox be able to network back to a PC and Nas products. It is Great to see the FTA capabilities come to light but the media player network would be a very nice bonus indeed. It would have to be compatible with windows 7 so it can recognize the hard drives larger than a 2.2 terabyte storage capacity. With this feature alone would make a nice gift for anyone throughout the year.

P.S. Good luck to all participating in this generous draw!!
    Last edited by Hunter11; 08-31-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: P.S.

splitshot Guest

Well, there's so much to go on here. A network capability would be amazing and set it ahead of any box to date. The ability to grab off a pc both video's, pictures and audio clips through a connected external HD would be a game changer in the community and would in doubt ably set the precedent for new directions in what a receiver could do. It I believe would be remembered for years to come. Years from now, we all could say that we were apart of history and we were the testers that lived day to day from the growing pains to the smooth sailing.

Nice, post #2.
    Last edited by splitshot; 08-31-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: sentence structure

Quantum-Entangled Guest

I would love to test one of these new boxes as I love testing new boxes. However, i feel im at a disadvantage in this contest as I dont know what to suggest since i dont know what is there and what is not.....that being said, heres my 3 sentences........

Im very interested in this box for the dual tuner (HD) and would love to see the PVR feature function flawlessly. World Cup is coming and now multiple games in each round start at the same time...how do u choose which one to watch?? Enough said. I would love to see this box solve the timing issue in the multi-server feature....many svrs offer many different things and in order to get everything you need many svrs. Right now its a pain turning svrs on and off to test rare channels freeze free.

If these things have been already been accomplished, than well done....u may just have the ultimate box.

Cheers
    QE

nevergiveup Guest

Default Features Jynxbox needs

The most important feature any FTA box needs is to reliably display any channel the IKS server provides.
    Other desirable features in order of importance:
    Closed captions, at least for SD channels.
    Being able to watch one channel and record another.
    On playback, able to skip forward 10, 20, 30 seconds.
    Ability to save box info on a usb device and boot off that device if system software fails.
    Be able to write back to box to restore the saved info if system software fails.
    Be able to access a shared network drive on a PC and play media off that drive.
    Have a source of parts (power supply, tuners, HD module) that when go back can replace.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,196x in 2,659 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal

off topic posts have been soft deleted

BHill Guest

"To be eligible for a FREE UNIT you need to write a 3 sentence (approx)
    comment as to what you would like to see in the next release of the Jynxbox Ultra HD Firmware. We are looking at Smart comments, polite and to the point. Why you think Adding the Feature would help make this box better."

1 Well first I need a unit so that I can test it to be able to tell you what it needs.

2 If I had one I know how to test it to death.

3 I would test it with a motor and two different providers.

sonic_8400 Guest

I don't have box so i can post what i read from review about the box spec.

1. Fix the any bug the box have.
    2. Add home streaming like nanosat.
    3. Dual tuner with UHF Remote or some how control like DN vip.

mechanicman Guest

1 while recording, be able to watch another channel on same TP... like sonicview HD.
    2 have a perfect EPG meaning at least a day or two with no gaps of no information...only sonicviews and viewsats seam to have this..
    3 manufacture and sell a dual tuner add and extra uhf remote.

this would be the king of boxes and leave everyone far far behind.

sneakymise Guest

I had great expectations for this receiver and before the new bin release, I was quite disappointed. The new bin has fixed some issues and I am glad to see your team was responsive to all the comments.

What I`d like to see from this unit, in the near future would most likely be, the release of the ATSC tuner, but please make it a good one.
    Fixing the issue of the lag with remote that sometimes occurs would help too.

When adding a tp through manual scan screen, please put the option to select between QPSK and 8PSK.

Last thing, if possible, please make it possible to check what`s playing on other channels while remaining on a channel. (like DNreceivers do and some other ftas)

Thank you Team jynxbox!

Lowteck Guest

The biggest thing would be to compare the features of the Nfusion HD, the Sonicview HD, the Limesat HD, and any other HD receiver including the D*** HD unit and come up with the best of all the receivers and improve on them. Then and only then would this be the best receiver without question or challenge from anyone. The potential is there. Another thing would be an app feature so thing could be added in the streaming end like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, and VODO, so these features could be added as app were made available. I say this because I can only compare one HD receiver, and have a streaming device that lacks some of those services which I would like.

scifiguy Guest

To keep it simple...

Next release should have a fix for the scanning issues people have. Then it should have the PVR function fixed so that recording any channel produces unencrypted file. When those are fixed it should then be able to play all of the media files you were hoping that it would. Working over the network would be nice, but you really have to get it to play all of the media files from the USB or microSD first. I believe that these are really basic functions that the folks really want working now.

Scifiguy...

cheezed Guest

Simple and to the point:
    1-Home network Streaming.
    2-IKS switching between different services with single button on remote.
    3-Dual tuner function "watch one channel and record a different channel with no size limit of program: example 2hrs-4hrs (sporting events.)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,196x in 2,659 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal

keep the ideas coming guys I see some good input here for the jynx boyz

GinHo Guest

I would like to see the box evolve to have a web server utility. With this the ability to log into the box from the internet to see what has been recorded, scheduled to record, and to create recording timers. Also the ability to transfer recordings to and from a hard disk/USB stick attached to the USB port. Apps for your smart phone or computer to play back or view live video with the ability to re-encode the streams to minimize the data transfering for these functions. For now, I would like the video recorded to be unencrypted for it can be transfered off of the hard disk/USB stick attached to the USB port to a PC for it can be edited or played back. The EPG is a good start and looks promissing, but need to be worked on to have proper and not corrupted data. I do like the ability it has now of pressing the record button multiple times for various pre set recording lengths. Also needed is the ability to stream files from your desktop or notebook computer to play on the JynxBox. Ability to add user apps like Netflix, YouTube and Google would certainly be good. So far it has started off good, and is progressing along. Keep up the progression and it will certainly be a gem.
    Last edited by GinHo; 09-01-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast