Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setup for 110/119/129 & 82/91

ottid142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
    Ok so if two separate lines are needed, would it be ok to leave the power inserter outside (as long as it was out of the rain/snow) or will it not survive cold temperatures? I'm just trying to see if there are any other ways to do it without making two holes in the side of the house.
    I think you are stuck with 2 coaxes as the AC adaptor that comes with the power instrter is rated for indoor use only.

ThaDraGun Guest

I just noticed on the power inserter its labelled "to switch" "to receiver" So it sounds like its meant to be connected in between.

Why do you say they need to be on separate cable lines?

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    You can add the bev 91 or 82 sat. to the lnb input terminal of the 1000.2, It is your choice as to what one you add.
    Then run one output from the 1000.2 lnb to the 0 khz. side of a 22 khz controlled switch, Then run the other bev line you did not use to the port 1 of a diseqc switch,and the output from there to the 22 khz. side of your 22 khz, controlled switch.
    In your receiver settings you will set 119 to port 1 with 22 khz to OFF. 110 to port 2 with 22 khz. to OFF.
    129 to port 3 with 22 khz. to OFF.
    The bev that you connected to the input of the 1000.2 lnb will be set to port 4 with 22 khz.to OFF.
    The other bev sat. connected to the 22 khz side of controlled switch will be set to PORT1 with 22 khz. set to the ON position.
    From what you said this is all I've got so far. I want to try to make an image up so its easy to understand when I go to set it all up. I've never set up this many satellites before. Last time I only did 82 and 91 so it was simple with a diseqc switch and that was it.

- Do I connect 119 and 110 to port 2 and 3 of the diseqc switch?
    - Receiver gets connected to the OUT of the 22 khz controlled switch?

- Where does the power inserter get connected?
    EDIT: just read this over "You probably know that your power inserter MUST be connected to port 1 on the 1000.2 lnb."
    What is port 1? in that picture I see 110, 119, 129, out. Or is there more then what the picture is showing?

- Do I need to use that SW44 Switch?
    Last edited by ThaDraGun; 05-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.

edgarr Guest

Ok I will try to give step by step inst.
    1st in answer to your questions,
    Do I connect 119 and 110 to port 2 and 3 of the diseqc switch? NO
    Receiver gets connected to the OUT of the 22 khz controlled switch? YES
    Do I need to use that SW44 Switch? NO (the lnb has built in switch)

STEP 1- Connect terminal labelled to switch on power inserter to lnb terminal 119 in the picture you made.
    STEP 2- Connect cable from 91 sat. to terminal marked lnb input
    STEP 3- Connect LNB terminal marked 110 or 129 to 0 khz side of 22khz switch (110 or 129 either one works same way)
    One terminal will give you sats 110,119,129,and 91 from one cable.
    STEP 4- Connect sat 82 to 22 khz side of 22 khz switch.
    STEP 5- Connect the output from your 22 khz controlled switch to your Receiver.
    STEP 6-These next steps are important to follow very close.
    In your STB you need to set your LNB settings as follows
    110 ,119,and 129 have to be set to OCS-DP type.
    91,and 82 set to standard or 11250 freq.
    Your lnb port settings will be as follows.
    119-PORT 1 - 22KHZ-OFF
    110-PORT 2 - 22KHZ-OFF
    129-PORT 3 - 22KHZ-OFF
    91 -PORT 4 - 22KHZ -OFF
    82 -diseqc OFF - 22KHZ-ON
    I hope this helps you with your setup.
    Last edited by edgarr; 05-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Glatt Guest

Why so complicated just use an SW21 and Disecqs to add up to 8 LNBs! Simple set-up with 1 line to receiver!

edgarr Guest

It sounds complicated but it is very simple also i don`t think your method works with the 1000.2 lnb as it has a built in switch and you still need a power inserter

ThaDraGun Guest

Doing up the diagram it does look very simple. Figured might as well keep drawing it so it may come useful for someone else on here.
    If say in the future I wanted to have more then one receiver hooked up is hard to add a second? No need to explain everything over again..I don't want to set it up now, just curious if its do-able or a bit more complicated.

One last question. From what I've read grounding is very important. Im still trying to figure that one out too. Just wondering where would I ground in this setup? Do I just have to ground one dish and everything will be ok or both dishes, or just one of the switches, all of the switches, or everything?

Thanks alot for the help!
    Last edited by ThaDraGun; 05-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.

edgarr Guest

You have 2 options for 2nd stb. you can run 1 line from lnb terminal marked 110,or 129 in drawing direct to 2nd stb.
    this will give you sats 119,110,129 and 91 on 2nd stb.
    If you also need sat 82 then you will have to run another line from 82 lnb to 2nd 22khz controlled switch and repeat first setup.
    It is less trouble to run one line direct to 2nd stb and just have sats. 119,110,129, and 91

As for grounding I am not sure, I did not have to ground my system.
    You should probably start another post and ask about this.
    Last edited by edgarr; 05-15-2012 at 09:42 PM.

ottid142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
    Doing up the diagram it does look very simple. Figured might as well keep drawing it so it may come useful for someone else on here.
    If say in the future I wanted to have more then one receiver hooked up is hard to add a second? No need to explain everything over again..I don't want to set it up now, just curious if its do-able or a bit more complicated.

One last question. From what I've read grounding is very important. Im still trying to figure that one out too. Just wondering where would I ground in this setup? Do I just have to ground one dish and everything will be ok or both dishes, or just one of the switches, all of the switches, or everything?

Thanks alot for the help!

Attachment 14715
    Based on your drawing you do not need the Diseqc Switch for this setup unless you are planning to add more LNBs in the future. the coax from the 82 LNB can go directly to the 22kHz switch. With regard to grounding everything ---switches dishes etc should be grounded.

edgarr Guest

Yes Ottid142 is right I forgot this because in my setup I also have sats 72.7 and 61.5 along with 82 on a diseqc switch.
    So in your case you do not need the diseqc switch.
    And to add another stb you can run another line from 82 lnb to 22khz side of a 2nd 22khz controlled switch and 1 line from lnb terminal 110 or 129 in drawing to 0 khz side of 2nd 22khz controlled switch and output to 2nd stb.

Now for both of your stbs settings for sat 82 will be, diseqc-OFF and 22KHZ-ON. all other settings are same as before update.

Or if you want to leave sat 82 off 2nd stb just run 1 line from terminal 110 or 129 in drawing direct to 2nd stb.
    And this will give you sats 110,119,129,and 91

PS. I have edited my previous posts to match this setup. and you may want to change your drawing to match these settings.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by edgarr; 05-16-2012 at 02:20 AM.

ThaDraGun Guest

Here's the new one for everyone.

satellite setup3.jpg

Did a double receiver setup in case someone wanted it. I think I got it how you described.

110 ,119,and 129 have to be set to OCS-DP type.
    91,and 82 set to standard or 11250 freq.

119-PORT 1 - 22KHZ-OFF
    110-PORT 2 - 22KHZ-OFF
    129-PORT 3 - 22KHZ-OFF
    91 -PORT 4 - 22KHZ -OFF
    82 -diseqc OFF - 22KHZ-ON

You said that was still the same, right? I didnt write it on the image because I wasnt sure.
    satellite setup5.jpg
    Last edited by ThaDraGun; 05-16-2012 at 05:20 AM.

edgarr Guest

Everything looks good,and Great job on drawings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12