PDA

View Full Version : 4DTV receiver update to Skyvision W5 Channels

Bowhunters
12-15-2010, 12:58 AM
I have been a long time subscriber from Skyvision and 4DTV and here is an email that I received from them today.

**WARNING** - **DO NOT MAKE CHANGES PRIOR TO JANUARY 4TH, 2011.
IF YOU DO IT BEFORE THIS DATE IT WILL DISABLE YOUR RECEIVER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE PROGRAMMING. SATELLITE RECEIVERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO THIS BEFORE JANUARY 4TH, 2011.

Dear Skyvision Customer:

IT'S FINALLY OFFICIAL! Beginning January 4, 2011, 4DTV owners will be able to reset their existing receivers and receive channels on one satellite (W5 at 105 West). Customers with a DSR-920 or DSR-922 4DTV Receiver will be able to access these subscription channels by following the attached instructions.

If you have a separate Free-To-Air receiver, or would like to retain access to other satellites, please skip steps 3, 4 and 5 of the 7 step process. Note: If you choose to skip steps 3, 4 and 5 it will disable the programming guide on your receiver. However, if you follow steps 3, 4 and 5 you will only be able to access channels on W5. If you have any questions regarding the process and why it is necessary to complete to continue receiving subscription programming, please visit Skyvision's website at (xxx.skyvision.com) or contact the technical support department at (800) 500-9275.

Please understand that due to the scope of these changes we expect to be very busy and we will not always be able to provide the level of service you are used to receiving from the Skyvision. We will do our best to get to your calls as quickly as possible and would like to thank you in advance for your patience and continued support.

The Programming Center will offer an interactive on-line feature called WEBSAMS where customers can do re-hits and order programming. You can call The Programming Center at 1-800-500-9268 to get signed up today or you can visit our website at (xxx.programming-center.net) to get signed up. This will be a helpful tool with the conversion process and may save time getting your programming back up and running.

Another reason to visit Skyvision's website is to find how you can receive literally hundreds of "FREE" channels. Skyvision offers a full line of equipment for Free-To-Air reception, which can greatly increase the number of channels available to your satellite system. This will supplement your subscription programming with no additional monthly fees and is completely legal.

Skyvision is committed to the large dish and your right to choose the programming that works for you. On behalf of Skyvision, we look forward to providing programming and home entertainment well into the future.

Sincerely,
Skyvision 1-800-500-9275
Here are the instructions to follow on how to get the 4DTV to work on the W5 only.

**DO NOT MAKE CHANGES PRIOR TO JANUARY 4TH, 2011.
IF YOU DO IT BEFORE THIS DATE IT WILL DISABLE YOUR RECEIVER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE PROGRAMMING. SATELLITE RECEIVERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO THIS BEFORE JANUARY 4TH, 2011.

1. Move your satellite dish to W5 satellite on 4DTV receiver. IT IS EVERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE YOU ARE ON W5 FIRST.

2. Ensure the satellite receiver is on channel 216 (STYLE) and has video, or "Subscription required" message with a DCII signal lock. DO NOT MOVE THE DISH AFTER THIS STEP!

3. Do a factory reset (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 7 and confirm by pushing enter). After the lights on the front of the box go out (will take a few minutes) power it back on.

4. Do an authorization reset (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 0-this is a hidden diagnostic screen that the consumer will NOT see on their TV screen). This will remove the satellite receiver from the 4DTV SAC stream.

5. Turn the box to channel 946. You will now do a manual tune (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 1). Tune to frequency 1430.00 in the top box. Scroll down to the box below that reads tune. Push enter on tune. This will bring up a DCII light on the front of the box.

6. Call to get a rehit or send rehit via WebSAMS. If you are not set up for WebSAMS please call or visit our website to get authorized. We anticipate long wait times and with

7. Now program in the X4 satellite. Option 6, 4, 3, 3 select X4 and save. It should take about 20 minutes to get a full download.

risk
12-15-2010, 02:33 AM
does anyone know or has an updated channel list as to what will be broadcasted on this bird? i took a look at lyngsat but that maybe off by a mile.

Bowhunters
12-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Here is the sub channels that will be on there from Skyvision/Programming-Center.net

Scroll down the page to see the channel locations - xxx.skyvision.com/pages/information_center/DSR410channels.pdf

drbob
12-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Try : Free to air MPEG-2 Channel Guide

buggyman
12-27-2010, 03:10 AM
If anyone believes ANYTHING that SKYVISION says, I feel for you. Stay 100 miles away from them if you can. I know the options are limited in the c-band market. Try anywhere else. Stay away from SKYVISION!!!

Bowhunters
12-27-2010, 06:47 AM
If anyone believes ANYTHING that SKYVISION says, I feel for you. Stay 100 miles away from them if you can. I know the options are limited in the c-band market. Try anywhere else. Stay away from SKYVISION!!!

Why do you say that, I have been into BUD for many years and i've bought hardware and had my BUD subscription through Skyvision going back to Cband Analog and in 4DTV in recent years until it goes black on Dec31st and they have never messed me over on parts or my subscription or information they have given me in the past.

I've even called them and talked to a tech and picked his brain with questions and they have always been helpfull.

Do you have something concrete to base your statements or are you just ranting/upset that 4DTV is going away?

satchick
12-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I too have only had positive experience dealing with Skyvision customer service. I've bought a few things from them (ribbon cable and installation tools), and had a sub with them for a couple of years... Never had a hard time dealing with them.

Bowhunters
12-28-2010, 04:45 AM
I just got this new Email today from Skyvision.

It appears that some channels HBO, Cinemax, Showtime are choosing to leave BUD C-band alltogether so when 4DTV shuts down on Dec 29th they will no longer sell their channels to be viewed on BUD and will not be included in the W5 channels.

Email is below -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the many changes affecting the C-Band system, we will no longer be able to offer some channels. These channels will be deauthorized at 10:00pm CST on December 29th, 2010 and will not be available in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to offer you with the C-Band services that are still available on satellite W5.

The following services that are not available on W5 will be deauthorized on December 29th:

Food Network, DIY, Discovery East, Travel Channel, TLC, Mav TV, NFL Network, SRL East Coast Networks, Denver Networks and Wealth TV.

HBO/Cinemax and all Discovery channels will also be deauthorized December 29th. This was a decision made by HBO and Discovery. The signal will still be available on satellite W5 but they are denying access to big dish users.

Sincerely,

Skyvision Programming

xxx.skyvision.com

1-800-500-9268

money__shot
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
The cost of programming had better reflect these changes.

satchick
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I got the same email, and I'm not sure if I want to renew now.... I had the 4DTV for HBO and Cinemax. That's a good chunk of their programming that's being deauthorized. I just checked the pricing, it hasn't changed at all. Hopefully they choose to keep Starz though.

I wonder if DN or Direct had any sort of influence on HBO and Discovery to remove their channels from the 4DTV system...

Bowhunters
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
You are right Satchick, that is a large chunk of their programming that was going to make it worth while to stay with them.

It was being said 10-15 years ago that subscription BUD was dead and I think that we are now seeing that finally happening regardless to Skyvisions best efforts to keep it alive by setting up the W5 programming and figuring out a way to mod the 4DTV receivers so people wouldn't have to buy another receiver.

With HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Discovery Channels all shutting down their BUD signals, I won't be surprised if Starz/Encore follows suit within the next year.

Yesterday was a very sad day when I got that email.

Bowhunters
12-29-2010, 05:32 AM
I just checked on Skyvision and they have updated the packages and prices to remove the Discovery Channels and the HBO, Cinemax and Showtime channels from the movie packages.

The Starz channels package are still showing as available and its in the 'A La Carte' channel list.

sideswiper
12-30-2010, 02:06 PM
I got the same email, and I'm not sure if I want to renew now.... I had the 4DTV for HBO and Cinemax. That's a good chunk of their programming that's being deauthorized. I just checked the pricing, it hasn't changed at all. Hopefully they choose to keep Starz though.

I wonder if DN or Direct had any sort of influence on HBO and Discovery to remove their channels from the 4DTV system...

DN sure did have something to do with HBO not coming back ,but i heard that there is still a chance that the Discovery channels may be added in the future and that Comcast is talking with the Discovery channel and they are also trying to get the Denver Networks back too

satchick
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
It's nice to see that they updated their packages and pricing.... I might just have to order the Get It All Package....

Bowhunters
12-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Sideswiper is right about the Discovery Channels coming back, I checked their channel packages tonight and they are now showing the Discovery Channels and they weren't listed on there just a couple days ago so it looks like they aren't leaving after all.

Looks like I will get the 'Get it all' channel package after I do the DSR mod on the 4th of January.

sideswiper
12-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes it great that the Discovery channels arent leaving, i just sent a power supply to one of the members over at Sat guyz so he can get his DSR-920 back in service as the more subs that Comcast gets the better chance of them adding more channels. I gave him the power supply for free and just asked for him to pay the $14.29 for the air mail to ship it as the battery died on the 920 and was no good for anything but for parts

Bowhunters
01-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Do you repair DSR's Sideswiper?

sideswiper
01-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Sorry but i do not. I get a friend to repair my electronics, he good at replacing caps etc. I am going to get him to replace my battery in my 922 in the new year as it is over 5 years old now.

money__shot
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
im curious...
how many of you dsr 920-922 users are gonna convert your machine
over to the new 410 programming, and wich way you gonna go

-follow steps 3, 4 and 5 you will only be able to access channels on W5
or
-skip steps 3, 4 and 5 and disable the programming guide on your receiver but
keep access to other satellites

Bowhunters
01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I think Satchick, Sideswiper and myself have all said we will buy programming or are leaning that way so thats 3 of us.

As for myself I am skipping the steps so I can keep the other sats for true FTA use and i'm just waiting for tomorrow or the next day to do the mod on my 922.

OT but I have another 922 that I am debating on getting repaired as it doesn't want to hold programming and needs to be rehit every few days but i'm not sure it would be worth the money for shipping both ways and getting it repaired in order to have it as a backup or sell it.

If a member in standing here on the forum wanted it and would get BUD programming on the Skyvision channels I might be willing to let it go cheaply but as I said it needs repaired to hold the channels.

satchick
01-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm going to be doing it on the 5th :P I'll be watching the Satguys forums to see if any problems have been reported before converting my receiver...

I don't use my DSR920 as a dish mover so I may follow the instructions and keep the guide...

risk
01-03-2011, 11:37 PM
if a person goes the route of only keepin the one sat tile will they be able to move the dish for adjustments/fine tuning?

a guy wants my 4d and 10' dish, he can have it. . .but i will sub first and see what happens. . .keepin the tiles. . .chk online for the guide or just play it by ear lol

Bowhunters
01-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Risk, from what I understand if you go through all the steps the motor will still move the dish to bump it back and forth for tuning but you won't have any idea where it is at and flying blind if you move it away from W5.

I'm doing mine tomorrow but leaving the sat position memory intact 'omitting steps 3, 4, 5', I don't do FTA with it right now but I may later so I need to keep the sats.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I got this off the Skyvision site today, it shows a slight change to the alternate procedure that they sent out in emails.

If you wish to retain your satellites in memory, please skip to the ALTERNATE PROCEDURE. This should be done immediately.

SEVEN STEP PROCEDURE FOR W5 VIEWING ONLY. DO NOT DO THIS PROCEDURE UNTIL JAN. 4TH

1. Move your satellite system to the W5 satellite on the 4DTV receiver. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CONFIRM YOU ARE ON THE W5 SATELLITE.
2. Ensure the 4DTV receiver is on channel 216 (STYLE) and has video, or a "subscription required" message with a DC2 signal lock. DO NOT MOVE THE DISH AFTER THIS STEP!
3. Do a Factory Reset (Options 6-7-7-8-7) and confirm by pressing ENTER. Power will go out. Manually power receiver back on if it does not power up automatically.
4. Do an Authorization Reset (Options 6-7-7-8-0). (This is a hidden diagnostic screen that will not register on your TV screen). This will remove the 4DTV receiver from the previous 4DTV authorization data stream.
5. Tune receiver to channel 946. Do a Manual Tune (Options 6-7-7-8-1).Tune to frequency 1430.00 in the top box. Scroll down to the box below that reads Tune. Push ENTER on Tune. This should produce a green DC2 light on the front panel of the 4DTV.
6. Call 800-500-9268 to get authorization or a re-hit.
7. Program in the X4 satellite. Press Options 6-4-3-3, Select X4 and SAVE. It should take about 20 minutes to get a full download.

ALTERNATE PROCEDURE TO RETAIN SATELLITES IN MEMORY – Confirm W5 Is Working and Follow Procedures Immediately.
IF you would like to keep access to existing satellites, we can suggest an alternate procedure that will leave all satellites in memory, as well as add the X4 designator for W5 satellite reception. There is one possible downside: the Programming Guide will not function. If you want full satellite access, that is the compromise that must be made.

1. If you would like to retain other satellites in memory, first confirm that your system is working properly prior to January 4th.
2. Call up Satellite W5 to Channel 603. Confirm that you have a color bar display on a Digicipher 2 channel.
3. Hold the Console Power button IN for 3 seconds and release. Power Back On afterwards.
Press Options 6-5 for a diagnostics display. Look at total number to the right of CHANNELS display and write
down that number. Wait for 5-15 minutes for that number to increase by approximately 140 digits. Final total
should be 4782 or higher.
4. Press Options 6-4-4. Locate the X4 name (right next to W5 satellite) and move to highlight. Follow prompts on screen (GO BACK to save satellite and ENTER if asked to save other information).
5. Exit out, press the blue SAT button and select the X4 satellite. Confirm that you have audio from the DMX channels on 900-941.
6. Call 800-500-9268 to get authorization or a re-hit anytime after 1:00 p.m. CST Jan. 4th.

risk
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
i will do this sometime today hopefully. . .

but im guessin you can do 3 months down if you wanted?

money__shot
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
i did the 2nd option...keeping the sat info intact. <br />
<br />
the online websams charged my credit card for <br />
the remainder of the month plus full next month!! <br />
<br />
to top it off it did not work. <br />
after an...

money__shot
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
there are issues with the changeover.
they dont have any answers for me
other than to wait.
wait to do your receivers

risk
01-05-2011, 06:43 PM
man, i was just gonna do my recevier but decide to come on to see if anyone did it successfully. . .

i do hope all is fixed soon.

Bowhunters
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Well I did mine early this morning and I did the second way to keep the sats also and I have some issues also with a lot of channels working but some channels that I had before now show not subscribed.

Their channel subscription website ( xxx.programming-center.net ) has a warning placard up that says that they are still working on problems changing over so I agree with Money Shot that if you can wait another day or two and then check that site or here.

I'm sure one of us two will post when its working correctly.

risk
01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
question for the two of you guys. . .

i went to channel 603 and my DC light is on, quality is ok but im not seeing these colour bars they talk about.

did you guys saw the bar?

on channel 216 i also see the DC light on and currecntly "The Ray Lucia Show" is on showing.

Bowhunters
01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Your channels are crossed, I have the Ch603 with color bars and an audio side tone that is very aggravating if the audio is turned up and Ch216 is the 'Style Channel'.

With your remote click the blue 'Options' and then 6, 4, 2 and change your feedhorn polarization and then go 6, 4, 4 and click enter on W5 and repeak the dish and skew and see if 603 then has the bars and tone and 216 should then be 'Style Channel'.

Whichever you have on polarization (standard or 90 offset) set it the other way and then repeak the dish and see what happens.

Ch 223 is 'Sprout' cartoons and 252 IFC movies and some others like SyFy are still up on 4DTV W5 also.

Those channels are up right now as I have just checked them.

risk
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
ok, i have tried everything you mensioned here and i get the DC light coming on with them, but i dont get any sound or video.

However it shows me 'Not Authorized' on all those channels.

Do you think this maybe the problem?

my receiver has not been use to sub goin a yr in a few months.

Bowhunters
01-05-2011, 09:42 PM
If you now get the color bars and side tone on Ch603 and you see (Not Subscribed) on all those channels we posted about then it sounds like you are good to go.

Unless you plan to get a subscription you really don't need to do any of this if you only plan to use your receiver as a mover for FTA, this is all only for a subscription to Skyvision channels.

*Edit - I just looked it up and W5 Ch603 used to be sub'd channel 'American LifeTV' so if you are seeing 'Not Subscribed' on that channel instead of the color bars and tone then that may be correct for you since you didn't have a subscription.

risk
01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
im planning on doin atleast a 3 month sub. . .

Bowhunters
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
im planning on doin atleast a 3 month sub. . .

Thats cool, I just tried to call their support number a couple times but the line was busy and they also still have the sign up that they are still working on issues so they seem to be having problems.

I am signed up in their 'Websams' and so I can give my receiver rehits and change programming so I did a rehit on my DSR922 and that didn't make a difference.

I will post and let you know when I get my missing channels back and things are sorted out.

sideswiper
01-06-2011, 03:21 AM
I am going to wait a few more days before i convert, let them sort thing out. I going the 4 step conversion seeing that the guide is going to work with it now,I will just use the guide on my Ultra for a few days until everythings ok

satchick
01-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Looks like I'll be waiting as well.... I will be doing the "proper" conversion, as I want the guide. Not having the other satellites doesn't bother me as the 920 isn't used as my dish mover.

risk
01-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Looks like I'll be waiting as well.... I will be doing the "proper" conversion, as I want the guide. Not having the other satellites doesn't bother me as the 920 isn't used as my dish mover.

hey satchick, been reading on other forums and it seems the way you are goin to do your convert is workin, its ppl like the rest of us that dont want the guide thats havin the problems.

what is the difference in the W5 - 216 or the X4 - 216?

sideswiper
01-06-2011, 01:11 PM
this is a C/P from 4DTV online site run by TVROPRO Important Information Concerning the 4DTV Conversion to X4
4096 is History as of 1/4/2011

Final Instructions Now for all 4DTV models is Posted.

Four Steps To No Brick Final Instructions are Here

We Have the Fix follow our Final NO BRICK instructions now. If you follow the 7 steps at SRL's website you will loose all satellite tiles except X4 and your dish will loose the moving function except in setup.

We have now posted the final workaround for all 4DTV models Final Instructions are Here.

Guide Update

4DTV Online is proud to announce that the guide will also work with the 4 Step final instructions.

If you have any problems with the final instructions you did something wrong or something is wrong with your setup. Re read the instructions and try again.

If everything goes well feel free to donate to this website with paypal for all the hard work and effort that has gone into gettting this to work and bringing you the information to make your conversion easy for you.

Shutdown of the 4096 EMM is Complete.
Shutdown of the long lived 4DTV 4096 datastream happened during the afternoon of 1/4/2011. There is no trace of it anyplace. We hate to see our good friend that supported the 4DTV for so long let go. But it is a reality. I went crusing around the birds to check things out. It's like a ghost town. If you try to load the old 4DTV 4096 guide it goes to G1-3 and sits there dumb. So all activity (maps guide and hits) are dead except for the 4160 Comcast stream at 105 West.

It's safe to go back to any satellite or channel.
As of 1/4/2011 4096 is History. No More Kill Hits to worry about.

It is totally safe to surf the skys once again with your 4DTV. Since shutting down the 4096 EMM turned off any communications with our receivers. We are safe. Those that followed our instructions may find a little treat of some extended subscriptons for the time being till the old 4096 January category key expires. If you did the conversion already this will be lost.

money__shot
01-06-2011, 01:13 PM
my wife wants me to do the full conversion so she can have a guide.
If after 2 days its not working im going to try the full conversion.

money__shot
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks sideswiper
that worked great
now enjoying my 922 again
the guide hasnt populated yet but even if it doesnt i dont care.

this worked for me

DSR 922 DSR 920

1. Move your satellite dish to X4 satellite on 4DTV receiver. (You should have done this before the removal of 4096) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE YOUR X4 IS RECEIVING A GREEN DC 2 LIGHT ON X4 FIRST. CHECK TO SEE IF THE DMX CHANNELS ARE WORKING.

2. Tune the satellite receiver to Channel 216 (STYLE) and it has video, or "Subscription required" message with a DCII signal lock. DO NOT MOVE THE DISH AFTER THIS STEP!

3. Do an authorization reset. Options 6778 to get a hidden menu, then push 0 (you will see nothing happen but it clears your current provider data) then push 1 and EMM Provider should show "0" This will remove the satellite receiver from the 4DTV SAC 4096 EMM stream.

4. Call SRL to get a rehit or send rehit via WebSAMS. Use the option to Activate Service, then send a rehit in Websams.

DSR 905

On Step 3 above substitute this:

Options 6778 and authorization 5 reset.

Once the Hit is taken (will usually increase by 5) the counter will change and the guide will also start to work. Give it at least 30 minutes to propagate. It works on the network trickle principle which takes longer than the old G1-3 download we had in the past.

Update: The guide is WORKING and I kept my dish settings for the arc.

Bowhunters
01-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Today I was still missing lots of channels that I am paying for even after doing a rehit yesterday on Websams, like all the Starz/Encore channels so after reading Money Shots post I cleared X4 and then followed the steps in his post above.

The step 3 still showed my old (EMM Provider) as 4096, after I entered 0 it cleared the provider number and it went to zero/0, I then went into Websams and did my own rehit of channels and the EMM Provider reset from zero/0 to (4160).

I actually lost all the channels after the reset to the new provider number and rehit, so I then hit 'activate' and after about a couple minutes of no response I then also did another 'rehit' and in about 30 seconds I had all my channels back including the ones that had been missing.

The tv guide is working now also but its only been a few minutes and nothing has loaded as of yet and I still have all the satellites still in memory so props to Money Shot and I would say that the setup he posted is the real deal and works.

sideswiper
01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Doing the switch over right now my program provider called me and it took about 20 minutes to do, guide was loaded when i pressed guide so everything worked great. Thank You Comcast for keeping C band alive !!!!!

risk
01-07-2011, 02:06 AM
what is the difference in the W5 - 216 or the X4 - 216?

I have both sat tiles.

Bowhunters
01-07-2011, 03:49 AM
I have both sat tiles.

I must be getting both also, I am now getting Style Channel on X4 Ch216 and W5 Ch216 and i'm getting SyFy on both X4 Ch211 and W5 Ch642. LOL

I didn't check for others.

risk
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I must be getting both also, I am now getting Style Channel on X4 Ch216 and W5 Ch216 and i'm getting SyFy on both X4 Ch211 and W5 Ch642. LOL

I didn't check for others.

so to clear it up, when you did the convertion you where in the X4 tile and NOT W5?

satchick
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
The conversion instructions say to have the dish on W5-216... Did that work in the end? I'm going to be doing mine later today.

satchick
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Ooooo I just remembered, I have a DSR-905 digital sidecar sitting on the shelf.... I'm wondering now if I should use that one, or the 920?

Bowhunters
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
so to clear it up, when you did the convertion you where in the X4 tile and NOT W5?

Yes, by following the steps I had already gone from W5 and loaded X4 and was on X4 Ch216 when I cleared the old EMM and loaded the new one.

The instructions on the Skyvision site that I posted here some days ago doen't tell a person to clear the old EMM file and if you don't clear the old EMM to zero/0 first the rehit it tells you to get won't load the new EMM number and I think that is why its not working for most and thats why a lot of people are having to call in for help and why Skyvisions phone lines are constantly busy.

* This below is from Money Shot's post and it worked for me, in step 1 you need to be on X4 Ch216 (Style Channel), the difference on mine from his instructions is that when I did the first 'rehit' in Websams it loaded the new EMM number but I had no channels at all so I clicked 'Activate' one time and then after a couple minutes I did another 'Rehit' and then I got all my channels to load.

DSR 922 DSR 920

1. Move your satellite dish to X4 satellite on 4DTV receiver. (You should have done this before the removal of 4096) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE YOUR X4 IS RECEIVING A GREEN DC 2 LIGHT ON X4 FIRST. CHECK TO SEE IF THE DMX CHANNELS ARE WORKING.

2. Tune the satellite receiver to Channel 216 (STYLE) and it has video, or "Subscription required" message with a DCII signal lock. DO NOT MOVE THE DISH AFTER THIS STEP!

3. Do an authorization reset. Options 6778 to get a hidden menu, then push 0 (you will see nothing happen but it clears your current provider data) then push 1 and EMM Provider should show "0" This will remove the satellite receiver from the 4DTV SAC 4096 EMM stream.

4. Call SRL to get a rehit or send rehit via WebSAMS. Use the option to Activate Service, then send a rehit in Websams.

DSR 905

On Step 3 above substitute this:

Options 6778 and authorization 5 reset.

Once the Hit is taken (will usually increase by 5) the counter will change and the guide will also start to work. Give it at least 30 minutes to propagate. It works on the network trickle principle which takes longer than the old G1-3 download we had in the past.

* Edit - I just went to Skyvisions Programming Center site this evening and they have now posted on their site to hit the 'activate' and then the 'rehit' like I stumbled upon when I did mine yesterday.

"" ATTN: CONVERSION CUSTOMERS
When it comes time to Rehit your system, at step 6, hit the "activate services" button, then the "Rehit" button.""

DSSRUEL
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Have 3 4DTV here, 2 are battery dead

Will keep my sat.info since im using deco
to move Perfect.10 for FTA on a Saginaw 36-36 actuator 3-wire sensor.

To use cheapo postioners, need to buy a new actuator
with Reed sensor (2-wires), 36in-36V are expensive, will wait.

When SkyVision first announced their service, I made a reset to get W5,
then setup positioner and got some free-to-air feeds there.

Will subscribe later, just to remember the golden age of CBand,
for about $50/mo on SuperStar, got the full package, analog+digital.
Best offer ever, now with DN thats a basic, no prime, f*ck Charlie!

I miss that experience...

satchick
01-08-2011, 03:54 AM
I converted the 920 this evening, I chose to follow the 7 step process to keep the guide. I have a V-box to move the dish so losing the other satellites was no big deal. I did need two hits through webSAMS to get the guide to populate though. It takes quite a bit longer than when the guide was on G1.

lechee2
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I used the alternate procedure, everything is working except,discovery,encore and starz on X4.
Should this be?
I also receiving the original programs on W5 that I was receiving before the change over.
Will we keep access to X4 as well as C5?
I want to keep access to all the satellites so I can receive PBS on T4 600, north west news and use my megpeg receiver or will this all change?

Bowhunters
01-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Lechee2, those sound like the same channels I was missing.

If you have an account in Websams so you can do your own rehits you need to login there and click the 'activate account' and then wait a minute and then do a 'rehit' and then you should get those channels back.

The W5 channels that are still working should probably go away over the next few weeks as the companies shut the feeds off to them.

risk
01-09-2011, 12:01 AM
question for you guys who have accounts setup with 'websams'

how long did it take you guys to receive the username and password from them?

i signed up online and it has been about 2 days with nothign happening as yet.

Bowhunters
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
I did that for mine a couple years ago or so it seems, may have been longer and I called in and the guy I talked to sent me an email in just a few minutes.

You may want to check your spam folder.

satchick
01-09-2011, 12:16 AM
I called in, and the rep sent it twice.... I would imagine they have quite the load on their servers now...

risk
01-09-2011, 02:26 AM
i will give them a call tomorrow.

risk
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
ok, i got my pw/un in the mail from them and i cleared the EMM to "0", selected the pick 10 just for trial, activate it, then sent the rehit. . .

my channels numbers has not move as yet and the EMM is still at "0"

how long did you guys have to wait for it to change?

satchick
01-09-2011, 03:37 PM
About a half hour? Try sending it another hit...

risk
01-09-2011, 04:43 PM
finally, i did over the process about 10 times or more (NO lie guys) with clearing the EMM going and activating and rehittin. . .

it has changed over to the EMM4160, the guide has dropped in but no channels as yet. . .will give it some time now. . .the trip from 0 to 117

risk
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
im up and workin now, they gave me a rehit. . .the lady i spoke to said that if i ever had to do a rehit and i need to do it more than twice i should call them. . .

i dont know why its different when they hit you or you hit yourself. . .she didnt know either.

Bowhunters
01-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Interesting but the main thing is that you are up and running.

Part of it could be if you weren't already subscribed, if you just signed up they may have had to credit your payment account or something, on mine I was already on an active subscription. Not sure if Satchick was or not.

Bowhunters
01-12-2011, 12:22 AM
******Refunds******

I noticed on Websams the other day that my subscription to the HBO Package was paid up to nearly the end of January so I called the Programming Center as I had lost HBO when it had shut off on Dec 29th.

They told me that they would only credit accounts for those persons that call in and ask for it.

If you only had a few days it probably isn't worth the trouble but I had almost a whole month still remaining on mine.

skatz420
11-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Has anyone heard about the program that is supposed to let you program missing satellites into the 4dtv receivers?

Art
11-20-2011, 09:27 PM
They are already on your receiver. Look at sats CA up and KA up. Figure out the one you need and set it on the sat you want to use the channel numbers on. If you don't understand, I would write up a way for you to do it.