PDA

View Full Version : sonicview 8000 hd

caravan8
03-09-2014, 02:48 AM
Just bought a 15 day to checkout the service and,i just whan't to know witch is the lates bin for it.my is at hd20e and my ihub is 4.12 i keep geting no service or scramled

Sp0iler
03-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Current file for the box is located here:
http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=16263&d=1348508504

More important, whats the connection message in your "Network settings" ?
Dns fail, connect fail or connected ?

caravan8
03-09-2014, 02:51 PM
thanks spoiler network settings dns fail,

Sp0iler
03-09-2014, 05:52 PM
DNS fail....
An issue on your end with your network hardware or something is wrong in the info you entered into your Network settings.

Connect fail...
you made it to the server but are being denied entry for one of several possible reasons. Most likely a bad code or one that is entered wrong.

Confirm you have the current file loaded in the box.
Confirm the info you entered in "Network settings" for the server your trying to connect to is correct in every way.
Confirm in the Wiz program that you show the dongle at version 4.12 .

While in Wiz, set the dongle to "DHCP" and hit "Settings" to save the change and reboot all.Start with the modem/router and let it fully boot before starting the box.

Open your network settings in the box.Did the dongle populate with ip's showing in the slots ?
If yes, try again to connect. Whats the message now ?

If you still show "Dns Fail", open a dos window and try to "ping" the "Local IP" shown in the Network settings. "Local Ip" is the address assigned to the dongle by the router. You want to see if your computer can find the dongle. In dos, type: "Ping xxx.xxx.xxx" with the ip in place of the X's and hit enter.
You should get a positive return from your query with no lost packets and a minimal response time.
If you get a good return, then the server your trying to connect to may be offline completely but that would be odd.... Unless it's Beaver TV that just went offline last week.
Try the same Ping test with the ip your trying to connect too.

Whats your status now ??

caravan8
03-10-2014, 12:12 AM
spoiler thanks got it to work now,your great help

Sp0iler
03-10-2014, 02:08 AM
That's good news.
Glad you got it worked out and are viewing again.

Good luck,
Sp0iler