PDA

View Full Version : help on the box

chronix
12-28-2013, 06:07 AM
hey,
I'm about to get back into the business, I always thought sv was a great box but never got one. so thinking of getting one now...
I've been reading everything I can and try to put it all together again. basically can someone help me with the following:
1) what type of sat do i need? prolly looking to just get 110 and 119 (is that best for hd channels)
2) what does this box need? if i buy the box do i need to get dongles and such?
3) i see there is a lot of info on needing to pay for it now? how do i do that? is it neccessary
4) basically looking to do an easy set up from scratch.... sat strait to box to lcd
5) does it have ppv movies? fights?
6) trying to get a box which is up more than down...
7) thanks!

Sp0iler
12-28-2013, 11:32 AM
The 8k is a discontinued box and is starting to show it's age.Still works pretty well though.
1- There is minimal HD on those sats.You want the 129 sat.Look at a dish 1000.1 with 3 lnb's for the 110,119 and 129
2- Yes you need the external dongle. Look for the Wiz110SR board or an original SV dongle (hard to find and over priced)
3- Yes, you need to get on a paid server to get decryption info for your box.Look in the Iks discussion threads for a seller.
4- You need a full time internet connection when viewing. Box to dongle to router and box to TV.Many use a network bridge for this to avoid cables running everywhere.
5- Lets talk about iks for minute. There is a main card server someplace that most all iks services feed off of.Whatever the main card server has open, most all iks services will provide to you for viewing. If one has PPV, they all have PPV. If one has the fight, they all have the fight. Now, that said there are times when an iks provider will have local issues and may not have everything on that's being offered.You want a good service that has it all when it's available. You'll have to research in the iks discussion threads to find the best for your viewing needs. Some have ppv all the time.Others only on the weekend.Some have international channels (foreign language) while others don't. Research and make your choice. Prices vary significantly.
6- Again... iks provider dependent.....
7- Your welcome.

Good luck and happy hunting,
Sp0iler